Discovery Gaming Community
A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? (/showthread.php?tid=97650)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - mm33dd - 07-03-2020

I think ModDB when they were first introducing gallia as a new house.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - WizardLizard - 01-17-2021

A friend.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - TrexelCat - 04-30-2022

Oddly enough, I actually found Discovery through a source one might not expect.

I was perusing MyAbandonWare looking for games that I could actually run on my 10 year old craptop. And I came across Freelancer(it is kinda an abandoned game after all). My original disk having long ago been damaged beyond usability, I decided to download it and see if it would run at all on this POS of a computer. And, while I was waiting for the download to finish, I was reading the comments. And Discovery was mentioned there. So, thought I would come check it out.

And here I am.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Loki1982 - 02-24-2023

Other: found a freelancer review on youtube....at the end the user told about mods. As he told there was a freelancer mod with a stable server a and giving community plus promised roleplaying...

Was enough to re-enlight my love for this game......so far Its been a joyride with a lot of nostalgian value.

love it!

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Velmore73 - 08-30-2023

Hi all. I played the original Freelancer way back when, and after a couple of years just stopped. But, while looking at Utube vids I found a FL submission titled Discovery and watched it. So I came looking for the website and downloaded Discovery. I had enjoyed playing the original so much I decided to give Discovery try. It's loads of fun excerpt I can't save my game for some reason.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Arne - 08-30-2023

Recommended mod in a pc magazine

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Galahad - 08-30-2023

(08-30-2023, 08:34 PM)Velmore73 Wrote: Hi all. I played the original Freelancer way back when, and after a couple of years just stopped. But, while looking at Utube vids I found a FL submission titled Discovery and watched it. So I came looking for the website and downloaded Discovery. I had enjoyed playing the original so much I decided to give Discovery try. It's loads of fun excerpt I can't save my game for some reason.

Yeah I originally wanted to get back into Freelancer for SP and I new Discovery was always a huge favorite of mine its so creative. Though was also disappointed that my SP games wouldn't save also.
However joining back into the online community has been such a fun time so far these few days I'v been back after 7 years. The players are nice and helpful though stricked on the rp rules which makes it that much better. Hopefully you come join us all on the server! Smile

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - TheKusari - 09-01-2023

While I was livestreaming my "Starflier-Only Run" of the vanilla campaign, I think it was at the point when I was defending Toledo against the Nomads near the end of the game I was told about Discovery. Never knew it existed before that point, thought once the servers were shut that it was the end of it. Boy was I wrong.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Fhoxi - 09-01-2023

Funny enough I was always on ModDB back in the day looking for other game mods and so and I came across Discovery like that. Glad I did. Now its years later and still going strong with it.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - zonersnakeplisskin - 09-09-2023

I found it through Lancers Reactor many years ago, I also was so impressed with the work I used to run a server from my house The Evil Empire Revolution but I kept on getting ddoss attacks by Comcast, my web host so I stopped running servers altogether.