Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Occam Razor - 09-01-2013

Jennifer Perez entered the dome with a smile on her face. This was a really nice place to live, so many plants and even water and trees. She liked the place immediately. There were even bars and other buildings, she'd have to find out what they all are over the time.

She was wearing a dark gray flight suit and had her red hair open. Above her right ear something metallic and small glimpses through her hair. She looked around, hoping to notice a familiar face, but didn't see one yet, so she started walking forward towards the point where most others were around hoping she would notice someone or someone would notice her.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Enkidu - 09-04-2013

"...Had to blow up the bar, David?" Achille rolled his eyes, playing the diva; "...My dear, darling companion, I didn't have to do anything - the kinetic extrapolation of the shield augment wasn't exactly painless, it is true, but nobody suffered for it. Indeed, It'll bestow Sean that much sought after opportunity to redecorate his beloved emporium of intoxication, hmm? I wish everyone wouldn't incessantly clatter on about it..."

"...Regardless Sir; I have a query for you; exactly how to you propose our mere order in meant to actually construct this leviathan? The project's scaling factor alone is one worthy of considerable merit, but the resources Sir? The required injection of the aforementioned will prove positively horrific, why, It'd take a barge-load of paperwork even to secure the pertinent supply contracts..."

"...Which is exactly why I happen to be all for it. A brewery of that scale? By the divinations of my sacred sock, We'd be even richer! And that's hardly a negative, Sir..."

Trapped in a net of ambitious excitement Achille's eyes flicker up from the plans and into the room briefly, before alighting on the lost figure of Miss Perez. The woman was new, as were many people, but her competence was there even if her headstrong nature wasn't quite fitting. But that, indeed, was what a temporary contract was for, after all.

"...Ah, Perez. As an electrician, nono, sorry, demeaning term; as the station's electrical, erm, expert, I'd like to request your opinion as to the power uptake of these panels cheri; could they serve to fuel this titanic structure?" He gestured briefly at the blueprints.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Occam Razor - 09-04-2013

Jennifer Perez was happy someone started a conversation, so she looked at the blueprint, but couldn't get to much information from it. "Maybe..., possibly...", she said to Achille. "Without exact Data I can't say that. Do you really plan to build this huge thing? That would eat tons and tons of money I guess..."

She shrugged. "Not my part here though, I'm Researcher... Anyways... I'll start working on the 'project', your energy-cats, as soon as possible. Still kinda busy establishing myself in the Research Area of the Freeport. But that will be finished soon, so then I can really start." She spoke a bit hastily, still a bit unconfident at Freeport 10.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 09-04-2013

Paying attention to DD's words, Robert suddenly decided not to follow them and thus, he allowed him to indulge himself with the pleasure of acquainting such a finespun individual from the void of Kusari.

Robert then leaned with his elbow on the counter as his chin started to become supported by the other side of his palm as it held it gently in a touch that fornicated his goatee with an exquisite degree of subtlety. He was turned towards the opposite side, emphasizing his back at DD for one moment, opening the opportunity to glance upon the different shades of green that composed the profaned nature inside the biodome: The amalgam of trees, little forests, and any other such lavish scenery.

Through the innocent beauty sprout forth by the shades of green, a dark silhouette could be seen as it dazzled innocently through the trees and bushes: It was Robert's leopard.

He took distance from the counter, a matter of few steps no more than ten. He then crouched, and with a finicky gesture, he called forth for his furry companion.

The leopard answered, and shortly, they found themselves in the company of each other once more as Robert stroke its muzzle, only to tie a leash, carefully taken from below his belt, around the neck of the animal so it could follow him in a display of ever permanent affection and loyalty.

Robert then raised himself straight up, with his view still glancing at his companion, he returned to the counter with the back still facing it. After exactly six steps which daunted into the ground, he turned his back only to see Susan suddenly emerging in front of his eyes out of nowhere.

Robert's face was engulfed in surprise. His eyes widened and his lips carved a fake smirk. Surprised, his arrow finger pointed towards Susan and started to twirl slowly in the air, while his lips comprised themselves.

" You... " He said with a faint tone which imitated surprise yet was overshadowed by satire, as his head tilted " ... Don't happen to be a Spectre now, do you, cheri ? " he inquired, making certain to emphasize satirically on the fact that Susan surprised him like a ghost, a poltergeist or even a spectre emerging from the deepest of fogs, after he listened to what she had to say, of course

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 09-04-2013

Susan immediately gets taken back by her question, a rather strange look crosses across her face for merely a split second, before only looking at him strangely. "A.. wha.. what did you call me?"

"Do I look like I am from a fairy tale? what am I going to be next, a troll? a werewolf? Vampire even? that is a rather.. strange question to ask. I don't really like being paired with mythical creatures too much, it doesn't feel right."

Shaking her head. "Perhaps its about time I should tell you this anyways, especially if I am going to be called a 'spectre' now.." Taking a step back, bowing her head slightly. "Thank you for having me Robert. I suppose that is what is accurate enough to say right now.."

Being a little more talkative right now, seeming almost in a hurry because of something.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 09-05-2013

While Sean was sending along one of the waiters to a customer who just spilled his drink all over the table, he noticed that Susan was still in the dome. He leaned on the counter, narrowed his eyes and gazed in her direction. He noticed Robert and his bloodthirsty feline predator and was shocked for the moment, which was the result of him not being able to see that the leopard was tied on a leash.

"Don't you dare get that thing too close...", he mumbled to himself.

And whilst watching Robert and his pet ambling across the trail in nearly the same stride, a sudden idea occured to his (only slightly) intoxicated mind.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Enkidu - 09-07-2013

"...Cheri, your disaquaintence is only natural. one cannot know everything and expecially not within the minimal concentration of time you have had available to you, but as for financial resources..."

He appears faintly amused.

"...Cheri, my pocket watch is genuine eighteenth century AD fare, one of fifteen transported upon the Bretonia to it's new-found refuge, and certainly in a superior condition to the other fourteen. The price? Invaluable; no price is worth paying for it. The price of the mercenaries who purloined it? Extortionate. They are all now highly-wealth landowners. The dent to my fortune? Marginal. So this petit construct is hardly going to prove unduly strenuous, is it now?"

"...Non cheri, the true predicament resides in the telling, as it were; the necessary diplomatic frisking, the shillying, the discourse, the rhetoric. To elaborate; the individuals and cooperation's we will have to hustle to provide resources for this grand monument to the grandiose. That's where the horror lies."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 09-07-2013

" I'd rather you be a muse, or a nymph, but that is entirely my opinion " Robert said, avoiding any kind of discretion, completing the list of mythical beasts Susan was enumerating.

Robert then gazed at Susan as he was paying exquisite, particular attention to what she had to say. He was oblivious and deceived, as he had little idea of what Susan was trying to imply

" Well... Pas des problems, Susan... I guess. But I don't think I've ever signed an ownership contract with you as a legitimate property of mine " He said tilting his head sideways, out of any clues, trying to engulf his words with satire in order to mask his obliviousness

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 09-07-2013

"A property of yours? The Commonwealths? That is why I am standing here right now, its been.. Interesting during my stay, its time for me to head back to the stars though. Sitting in once place, as well as this.. environment is not good for me."

Rubbing her head gently. "I'm saying goodbye. I won't be hanging around much more, i'll be taking my leave in a few hours time as of right now. There is something more important I must do anyways, hanging around here.. Doesn't.. fit what I need."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 09-09-2013

" So you are leaving now, I assume. " Robert said with a dry voice.

These news gave him no reason for celebration. On the contrary quite.

His head tilted upwards as he surveyed the top of the Dome and beyond it, into the milky void of Tau-37. The Dome relayed no atmospherical simulations at this moment.

It was expected of him to insist on Susan's stay or at least attempt to persuade her. But a sudden thought which appeared in his mind, a thought unknown and unexpected by anyone else, made him choose not to pursue that predicted path.

" Will there be any means of contacting you, or to keep in touch with you, madame? " He inquired, focusing his view into her eyes.

" Just so I could drop a warm "bonjour" from time to time. Merely courtesy for our extended partnership. "