Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes (/showthread.php?tid=23848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - darthbeck - 07-29-2009

i agree with unselie as well.

it seems like you have about 10 seconds to kill them after you get the notice, which is barely enough time to kill a VHF/bomber, let alone a tranport.

so please increase the amount of time to 60 seconds.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Hawkwings - 07-30-2009

You could always fill out a sanction report. It ought to be quite easy now that there's a nice green server message telling exactly what is going on.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Elvin - 07-30-2009

Note: I wasn't reading all 19 pages.

My opinion.
Good intention, but very, very bad thing in praxis. I get disconnected one or two times a day, and even tho I am not trading much, this can... no... this is troublesome... For RP reasons, I carry a LOT of stuff on all my ships... Disconnected around planet... Tadaaah, all my stuff is gone and few happy people sold it for 50k. Everyone is happy. I mean everyone except one guy, who has to run all across Sirius to get the stuff again... just to get disconnect again sometime soon.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Cannon - 07-30-2009

Updated first post to reflect current behaviour. See: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43172

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - worldstrider - 07-30-2009

Good solution with the final revision and here's the thing--you don't have to report someone if you know it is innocent and not malicious. Problem solved. I have passed half a dozen people who F1ed just as I happened by--it is not a problem--I wouldn't even think of reporting that.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Elvin - 07-30-2009

Ah, just when I was preparing to argue about my cargo DC drops. Thanks:)

It's just about people like always. There will always be people pressing F1 instead of paying. There will always be people reporting others because the don't like them. All that can be done is to HARSHLY punish them, so they'll remember it's not the way to go.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Baltar - 07-30-2009

@ Cannon: Your clarification clears a lot of the air ... thanks. This is a good start to getting rid of those F1'ers.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - akar.zaephyr - 07-30-2009

My question is - is the server capable of seeing the difference between F1 and being disconnected due to line problems?

I just want to be sure that I don't get the cheater finger while just being kicked due to connection issues...

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Liberty Security Force - 07-30-2009

' Wrote:
To clarify the system does the following and nothing else:
- A message is printed as soon as the they disconnect. The message is something like "<playername> is attempting to engage cloaking device". This message is shown to all ships in scanner range at the moment of disconnection
- Their ship won't disappear for 60 seconds and they won't be able to connect again for 60 seconds.

We will keep the "don't F1" rule indefinitely. The sanction for F1 may be reviewed and made more severe to try to discourage people from doing it but please don't report people if they don't do it maliciously.

One more edit: a single screen shot of the "attempting to engage cloak" message is probably sufficient evidence for F1 violation reports. It's best that your ship and their ship is shown in the screen shot.

I'd never thank you enough for this. Thanks for having considered some of our concerns. Keep up the good work.
I guess you limited to 59 seconds instead of letting the weird menu glitch happens when the time is higher than that?

-King

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Canadianguy - 07-30-2009

' Wrote:My question is - is the server capable of seeing the difference between F1 and being disconnected due to line problems?

I just want to be sure that I don't get the cheater finger while just being kicked due to connection issues...
It doesn't. If you get disconnected in a situation that makes it F1ing, just follow the standard procedure aka come back asap and explain it to the ppl who saw you. Or you can make a thread here so ppl know its a connection problem.