Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - fencore - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Depends on whether your definition of Zoner RP is following lore and role-play or being a corporation using neutrality protection.

More to the point, The Omicroners are more than willing to hear your suggestions for shared technology use
The Zoner ID best fits our roleplay. We work pretty damn hard on our contracts and move a lot of cargo to various places throughout Sirius. We've also done our best to hold to the RP of supplying many of the Zoner installations throughout Sirius. At this time, we've got contracts with Freeports 1, 2, 5, 6, Ames Research Station, and Porto Novo. There's an ore contract with one of the Daumann groups and we've also got non-paying agreements with the IMG and Corsairs. Previously we've supplied the Omicroners (who continued to yell at us for treachery even though we were supplying XV with smiles on our faces), the Phantoms, the Outcasts, and Freeport 10 to name a few. We've got a couple other deals in the works presently as well.

We never claim neutrality except where it is present. Our members put in a lot of time and effort to make sure that we're made useful enough within roleplay for the factions we claim to be neutral with. We post this work in a visible place for everyone to see. Just because we don't seek to dictate what Zoner roleplay is doesn't mean that we're hiding behind Zoner neutrality. Quite the opposite really. Although, given that you clearly feel one of the Zoner factions is a corporation hiding behind Zoner neutrality, I'd love it dearly if you could point out a few examples so we can clear up this matter.

As far as tech goes, really, I'm not concerned personally. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but given the disparity between our factions, I wouldn't expect us to ever come to any particular agreement, and this I generally try not to lose sleep over it.

And now I shall step out. That was terribly off topic for this thread, I do apologize.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - mwerte - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:I would love to give people tech really. oddly enough no one ever wants Lugers...
RepEx could take some off your hands. :nyam:

White Cells and Faction Permissions - TheJarl - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:RepEx could take some off your hands. :nyam:

RepEx corporate scum! RepEx evil! D:<

White Cells and Faction Permissions - mwerte - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:factions shouldn't be able to monopolize tech
Corsair tech is not monopolized, it's open use for Corsairs. You are free to make one and enjoy the tizzies and gladiators.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Athenian - 06-14-2011

Not to mention the fact that deals between factions that represent the npc faction pass on the benefits to all ID holders...

White Cells and Faction Permissions - chopper - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Not to mention the fact that deals between factions that represent the npc faction pass on the benefits to all ID holders...

What do you mean? I haven't encountered anything like that yet.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Not to mention the fact that deals between factions that represent the npc faction pass on the benefits to all ID holders...

I think he means that there have been instances where official faction role play has lead to the tech chart being modified so that said official faction's ID becomes white/green/purple celled to a cell it was previously red/purple/white too. Thus indy players using that ID benefit from the work of the official faction.

I know that the leaders of the official Zoner factions made a point about Zoner technology being red to so many factions. Most of these cells where changed to white, thus the actions of the official factions benefited the indy players. Though to be clear there, I do believe other players who aren't faction Zoners also had input there. So the credit for that goes to the Zoner community as a whole.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - chopper - 06-14-2011

Is there any example of technology going from 'White' to 'Green' for another faction?
Because, that would be what Athenian is stating.

I am also of the opinion that Zoners should'v kept their <strike>guns</strike> tech for themselves.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Is there any example of technology going from 'White' to 'Green' for another faction?
Because, that would be what Athenian is stating.

I am also of the opinion that Zoners should'v kept their <strike>guns</strike> tech for themselves.

Actually the Zoner example is a bad example. Our technology was opened up via white cells to other factions. I think the Zoner ID gained had some red cells go white and some green cells go white too. I'd have to double check though. So yea, poor example. My bad.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Athenian - 06-14-2011

Quote:* Player factions may conduct diplomacy with other player factions to open up technology sharing in red cells of the chart. These must be approved as Special Requests prior to implementation. If the player faction represents the entire npc faction, then the technology sharing applies to anyone with the npc faction affiliation, otherwise it only applies to the player faction.