Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

RE: World of Tanks - Timmy - 12-05-2014

Is anyone playing on NA servers here? At about 20:00 GMT?

RE: World of Tanks - Sath - 02-08-2015

Just started playing it, and woah...I really am hooked to this game. Playing on the SEA server, since I can't really afford to play on another server (crappy internetz). Anyone playing on SEA btw? :3

RE: World of Tanks - ProwlerPC - 02-08-2015

Yeah it's pretty addicitive but tapers off. Mind I've gone up the tiers in closed Beta, open beta and full release. Clan warred it up for awhile too. I sometimes return to play as I've long been a member of a clan across multiple games long before even climbing the ranks and becoming staff here. Don't take the whiners seriously (I'm sure Disco helped with this kind of conditioning plenty) and you will have hundreds and hundreds of hours of fun.

RE: World of Tanks - sindroms - 02-08-2015

I am in the same boat as Prowler.

Been around since the very beginning and still am. Not as much as I used to though.
With changes being done one after the other, which do not make any logical sense and many others on the way: for example replacing the Tier IX German heavy with a Mouse prototype, while giving it a huge-arse weakspot on top of the turret, replacement of the GW E100 with a different arty with a 320mm!!!! gun, and replacing the WT E100 with an upped version of the previous TD (Only using a Panther chassy), is just herp derpa hurp.

RE: World of Tanks - Mao - 02-08-2015

Those are being replaced because they never existed. Not in reality and not even on blueprints. They're invented by Wargaming or overbuffed to fit their tiers.

VK 45.02 Ausf B was overbuffed to fit tier IX. The hull should be the same as the VK 45.02 Ausf A from tier VIII.
GW Type E 100 was invented by WG. The replacement will be a mortar so, high reload time, small range, great damage and splash radius. Something like Conqueror GC. And it existed on blueprints.
WT E 100 is the biggest WG invention to date and it's very hard to balance. The replacement existed on blueprints.

RE: World of Tanks - ProwlerPC - 02-08-2015

I still stuck to my Russian Heavies and the 122mm cannons. I was just so instinctively tuned to their reloads, range and stuff. Also I loved a fast moving heavy that put a big gun in a strategic location in effective time. It's a flavour thing I guess.

RE: World of Tanks - Helo - 02-08-2015

Afaik they're going to replace waffelcopter Auf E-100 with something similar that doesn't have an autoloader. That's nice. I wonder how're they going to balance that GW E-100 replacement.

RE: World of Tanks - Shinju - 02-08-2015

Now just kinda poor tanks >.> Black Prince, KV-3, 59-16/WZ-131 with auto-loaders, these are killing machines!

RE: World of Tanks - Sath - 02-08-2015

Yeap, there are a lot of whiners there. But, well..I already found a couple of people to play with and invited my friends to try it too. I just bought a Stuart M5 and moving along the german light tank line (people say that the german autocannons are fun Big Grin ). I cannot find a good medium tank line to proceed. Right now, I have a vickers medium 3 and planning to go along the french medium line. Russian tanks any good? :3

RE: World of Tanks - ProwlerPC - 02-09-2015

The M7 medium makes a better scout I find. Very fast, super radio, more armour and better gun. It's one of my Aced tanks that run with beside my bros who uses a Ram. Russian heavies and russian TDs I like the most from that country. I have my old IS-4, an IS-8 and ISU something. Each using a 122mm cannon with very high penetration and accuracy. The ISU I'm using isn't using the the big cannon because it's special version of 122 has an insanely good RoF with great penetration but I'll be kissingit good bye when I decide it's time to put it aside and get an object. I tend to linger in tiers for a bit before jumping to the next. But at this point I've got tanks for every single tier and from every single country.

Medium tier area is the best money grinding the higher tiers will begin costing you cash. Low tier battles are the funnest XD I always keep a hangar free to hop into whichever Tier0 I feel up to at the moment to go play with other loltraktors.