Discovery Gaming Community
Traders/And using more computers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders/And using more computers (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Traders/And using more computers - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-12-2006

And obviously, definately say no to flying while under the influence of a hangover, or
worse, alcohol.

Hoodlum :lol:

Traders/And using more computers - Nightfall - 05-12-2006

oh... well... I've always thought that you can't trust the auto-pilot

Traders/And using more computers - Xerxas Jade - 05-12-2006

The Damned,May 12 2006, 10:24 PM Wrote:O.k. SO ill bring it up again.
Attacking traders with a pirate char is totaly agreeable when giving a warning and a warning shot. Not responding is considered atempt to run and fire is assure to be opened.
So i asked Xerxas for 5 mils from each train ( he was using 2 trains ate the same time - for that later). He refused and i attacked. Later i destruyed one of his trains (got a full load of passengers). Eventually all traders hid in NY , and one of Xerxas chars was hiding docked in delta. He explained that he was playing with his other chars - actually he had 1 on (the other train) wich was hidden in NY. Then he logged on with yet another char in NY , so he could help some1 whit a transfer.

O.k. I got to the point:

1) All traders need a reminder that camping isnt how u deal with atack of a pirate  (only in NY it is).
2) I think that there should be a prohibition for using more than 1 char on at the same time! It's like a cheating folks - he makes 2 times more $$$ than everyone , and he can always excuse with the fact tha he is playing onother char.
There should be only 1 char active at a time. If u need transfer ask some1 !
I dont think that using more computers is fare to other players. We could all just use more computers... but I don't think that this is right, do 'ya?
P.S. Server today had some lag and i got disconected couple of times.
[snapback]20291[/snapback]

Now this is why I Usually only role-play in Replay Events This is ridicules

Firstly (Camping Later)

Multiple Comps And Accounts
I dont mind either way what everyone on this board decides upon as far as multiple comps and accounts.

It is a reasonable commonly known fact that I use multiple computers and I take every opportunity I can to inform people of this I do this for a couple reasons, one so people cant accuse me of hiding stuff and two so that people know if they dont get a response of one account to try a different one as I do not have eyes in the back of my head.

Unfortunately the Dammed seemed to have never relised this and ended up sitting in delta out side a base talking to a account that never replied for I dont know how long until I turned around to check something and noticed all the msgs from him at which point I told him what was happening and went back to what I was doing.

It is a known fact that most people have at least 2 freelancer Id's and use Korrds's Account Manger, I just happen to have the computers to be able to not need Korrd's Account Manger (it is Korrds Right??)
Now as far as I am concerned if you Guys decide to ban using multiple accounts simultaneously thats fine by me I will just go else where because I find halph the fun of this game is keeping track of all those ships flying around ect,
"it can be really fun when u have 3 ships going all different places all coming under attack ect now thats what I call a challenge"
I also am a ship collector I am not the overly best fighter on here and to be honest I consider my self to be probably the worst out of the regulars and I am quite happy to admit that, but I do like having a bunch of ships that a can just cruise around in, none of them are really set up for fighting there just set up with stuff I think is cool

now as far as camping goes

I suppose u could say my account in delta was camping I wont deny I left it sitting there, there is no point dining the truth. I got it to yarren and left it..

However
and I am hoping someone will back me up here...
coz I didnt have sirrus studios on..... which I wish I had of now coz then I would have screenies but I dont

anyways I got it to delta and parked it... maybe I should have logged it off then none of this ever would have happened, coz then it would have just been a player leaving the server, (I will admit to making that mistake) but I didnt, instead I got talking to people on my other comp in NY that right talking.. talking to Jamez, Night-----cant remember which exact night account it was(and I dont mean nightfall this was someone else) and Nynx about all sorts of stuff from Night wanting to join RM (Sam u might want to looking that) Nynx wanted a marsflyer thruster off me, Jamez wanted to do a money transfer ect ect. now I personally will take full responsibility for not logging he account off in delta I should have and next time I will but unless you are physically in NY and can see a person camping there how can u say there camping. I was bloody run off my feet doing errands and talking as it was I think a few people must think I am a idiot as I was trying to hold up like 3 convos at once and talking on msn and kept sending the wrong info to the wrong people.

ok now that was my defense
this is my argument (yes that wasnt all)

A: a player isnt allowed to change there mind on what there doing
B: a player isnt allowed to play in new York anymore and a play can accuse a player of camping in NY from DELTA

all of these are in regards to Dammed's statements

A: if a player is trading is there any rule stating that he must keep trading ok it is polite to keep trading if you are involved in a role-play which I will admit I was. but as far as I can see a player is allowed to do what ever they wish and how should another player be allowed to dictate that.???
B: NY is filled full of stuff that a person can do, there are reks, missions, trade routs, and most importantly other players, if a person isnt allowed in new York for extended periods what is the point of having a protected system. Many people keep banks in there and use it fro transfers act. Now as far as I am concerned If a person was clearly hiding in NY just sitting there doing noting floating in space that would be one thing to accuse them of camping but if they are actually doing stuff u have no right, and even if u are sitting there I have known people to go off to lunch and come back a couple hours later and just left there ship floating.

Anyways to finish off all I am going to say is I made a mistake in not logging a account in delta off I am willing to stand by that but as far as hiding in NY noting like that ever took place.

Traders/And using more computers - f2k - 05-12-2006

I fail to see why camping is so bad. If I see a bad guy I run for the nearest shelter and stay there. Sure, Im not earning money while being holed up on a planet, but Im not loosing them either.
Why should I stay in a bad spot where Im just a big juicy target? Hell no, Ill run as fast as I can for safety

Now, F1ing on the other hand

Traders/And using more computers - Wolfpack98 - 05-12-2006

*chuckles* here we go again.

I'm gonna respond only by topic only.

1) System/Base camping - There is no real way to enforce any rules regarding this. Even if I brought Korrd and Sam onboard as server admins with me, it'd still be nearly impossible to enforce. Why? Cause the only way to enforce this.. is to move them from base to base. They're still docked, guys.

2) Multiple PCs running at the same time...

Personally, i find it a little ridiculous. But whatever floats your boat. Again, no way to enforce any rules about it. I don't see the problem with it. i think some people are being overly picky about it. Some servers allow it. others don't. how do they enforce that rule? I wanna know. If they have 20 admins, then good for them. We don't have that many admins.. how many do we have again.. oh right.. just two. Me and igiss.

Come on, people. first we complain about ships, now we're complaining about accounts? Whta's this, liven up the forums week? Cause if we wanted to do that, i could get out my banjo hat and spice the forum up by playing mexican music and we can have a kaumba dance or something...

Traders/And using more computers - The Damned - 05-12-2006

Quote:All traders need a reminder that camping isnt how u deal with atack of a pirate (only in NY it is).

Let me rephrase that so I am sure there aren't any missunderstandings:

All traders can deal with a pirate in another way than just dock and hide - for example they can run to a system or a base where they have a char , land and switch to the other char. With it they can try to pursue the pirate to leave 'em , be. Of cource they can hire help , they can change cource ...

AND by the WORDS IN BRACKETS - i say that only in NY camping is a WAY TO DEAL WITH A PIRATE beacuse of the PvP ban. I fully enforce that rule. So think again...

2nd its not up to me or u to decide wether there are allowed mre accounts to be on at the same tome or not - Its admins desicion. They decide if it is allowed or not. I just pointed out that from my moral vision. Its kind of cheating haveing 3+ computers working , and maintaining a convoy with FOrmed up traders. Of cource its harder to maintian that, but then again this is no excuse to a pirate . WHen u are asked u can pay , or run. U chose to run , and one of ur trains suffered for that - still its up to the admins about using more acounts issue. FOr me its easier to ask some1 to help me with a transfer. Anyway i DID not intended starting a fight. No offense.

P.S. BTW i warned and attacked another trader - he used F1 , but its seems he has an excuse with lagging and changing chars...

P.S.S. - All this is absolutely fine with me - i just thought that its unfair to most of the players on the server using only 1 computer/account at a time. And traders have always ran so its nothing i havent seen b4. Besides - next time traders - I won't be alone! :D

Traders/And using more computers - Xerxas Jade - 05-12-2006

To The Dammed

One Thing i would like you to Rember
I Have ...14 or so Accounts not a single one of them is how i would like them as i am so short on funds it is not funny, for varying resons like allways changing ships ect and the fact i give away a lot of the money i earn anyways

I have no regrets to runing 2 trader to support 14 acounts all of which i am trying to get varying versions of battle ships on so I dont feel the slightest bit guilty (costly execrice that is setting up that many battleships) as i said in my early post i dont like fighting i just like building ships and as far as im concerned my hobbie of building ships dose not affect anyone else in the slightest upart from the fact that i dont have any fighters at the moment so it makesit hard to do much in a fighter roleplay inviroment.

But i would just like to say no one has ever complaned to me before and im sure many people will vouch that i am allways willing to chat and help out in anyway possiable for swaps trades and the buyeing and selling of weapons coz i allways have a few spares laying around i can give to people.

PS: I only have 2 Trader Acounts not 3 the other pserson was somebody i was doing the run with.

Traders/And using more computers - The Damned - 05-12-2006

Hey no hard feelings - nothing has happened. And i have 10 acocunts but 1 trader - anyway - every1 does things their way ! :D

Traders/And using more computers - Dab - 05-12-2006

Alright I have to say something here.

There is no reason anyone should ban multiple accounts. I use multiple accounts from time to time. Most of the time flying with one and talking with another.

Now the traders hiding and camping thing.

Do any of the people wondering why its bad realize why NPC (the Pirate faction during the -=?=- period) disbanded and left?

Oh thats right, because they couldn't pirate. Every single trader (and even sometimes fighters and 1-2 gunboats) have ran and docked when I asked for money or cargo. Not a single complied or even responded. First thign they did was hit the cruise and fly off to a base. And there is no way to stop a train in cruise. Its completely immune to cruise disrupters. Face it guys. There is NO WAY for someone to pirate a trader. I have started shooting first and killing them for the lootable cargo. Thats the only way to make some money out of it. And comon people! NY wasn't made non-pvp to protect traders from pirates. It was made so people had a place to talk with others without getting attacked by someone. It WAS NOT made that way to be available for traders to hide from pirates until they logged off.

There are only a few ways to fix this problem.

1.) Somehow make trains susceptible to cruise disrupters.
2.) Not allow traders to camp in NY or on bases/planets (can't really be enforced though...).
3.) Make trains take a long time to go to cruise (this could work).
4.) Make trains incredibly weak, which also makes NPC pirates too strong against them.

Now only 2 of those really work without the Traders help, or making them too weak, and one of them has probably been tried and apperantly noone can find out how to fix the disrupters not working.

We have to solve this problem or our server is going to be missing a very important factor. Pirates. We barely ever get new pirate factions and when we do they disappear in a week or two.

Traders/And using more computers - marauder - 05-12-2006

why do you think the phantoms have lasted?

We're terrorists not pirates, shoot first, loot later. Like dab said it's the only way to make money as a pirate. either that or pirating NPC's or doing missions against the BHG.