Discovery Gaming Community
freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating (/showthread.php?tid=100143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Pilip - 06-10-2013

(06-10-2013, 12:47 PM)Anaximander Wrote: Ah ok, maybe the guy was registered on a bounty board and there's a bounty on your ship/faction...

What is your ID?

claim a bounty? in a behemoth? then pick up the cargo and dock straight on california? without killing the guy?(be cause you managed to get his cargo)

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Spike Seadra - 06-14-2013

(06-10-2013, 01:14 PM)Scumbag Wrote: Theres a discussion here, how do i know if the freelancer is registered, maybe he is lying about it. I dont think freelancers should pirate or claim bounties at all.

If the Freelancer is registered, then you can check his registration in the bounty boards.
If he lie then you can report.
Freelancers don't pirate but they can be hired in pirating for catching traders if they ar paid so (even in game).
If freelancers can't claim bounties then who will work for unlawful factions ?
Also see this thread :
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=100030

(06-10-2013, 02:50 PM)Pilip Wrote: claim a bounty? in a behemoth? then pick up the cargo and dock straight on california? without killing the guy?(be cause you managed to get his cargo)

Yes it can claim the bounty if the ship is in behemoth and registered.
If you are death then he can ofcourse pick up the cargo and transfer it to other ship then dock.
If you said he docked in california then this means you must be doing smuggling i.e artifacts, cardimine or some other trade.

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Scumbag - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 09:46 AM)Spike Seadra Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 01:14 PM)Scumbag Wrote: Theres a discussion here, how do i know if the freelancer is registered, maybe he is lying about it. I dont think freelancers should pirate or claim bounties at all.

If the Freelancer is registered, then you can check his registration in the bounty boards.
If he lie then you can report.
Freelancers don't pirate but they can be hired in pirating for catching traders if they ar paid so (even in game).
If freelancers can't claim bounties then who will work for unlawful factions ?
Also see this thread :
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=100030

And what if i don't use the forum? And should i alt tab to search for you there? Or print screen every interaction with freelancers just in case i need to report them?

Pirates should work for unlawfull, this way they will deserve their right to dock at unlawfull bases.

(06-10-2013, 01:14 PM)Scumbag Wrote: And what if i don't use the forum? And should i alt tab to search for you there? Or print screen every interaction with freelancers just in case i need to report them?

Pirates should work for unlawfull, this way they will deserve their right to dock at unlawfull bases.

You don't use forum its your own fault.
Yes you can alt tab then search but if they hunter destroy you and hes not registered then ofcourse you can take SS of the chat and your death message and file a report.

Some pirates work with unlawfuls and some don't cause of RP.
Not every unlawful faction like pirates in their territories, so they shoot them or be friendly them if the pirates take the permission to come in their territory.

i.e rogues, if you wonna trade or pirate in lolberty then u have to send 5 M fee and register you ship here

Now what if a pirate is friendly to corsairs and they give them permission to pirate in their territory, then some OC came and you work for them and shoot corsairs ?
The corsairs will sit back and watch the pirate shooting them ?

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Thyrzul - 06-14-2013

To sum up a few things:
1.) If he uses Freelancer IFF, but Pirate ID, he is a pirate, he can pirate you.
2.) If he uses Freelancer ID, he cannot pirate you, but can be employed by a pirate for defense. If hired on the spot, the freelancer has to announce his allegiance prior to entering combat. Not doing so can result in a PvP-abuse violation.
3.) If he uses Freelancer ID, and not hired on the spot, he can only attack you for claiming a bounty he previously registered for. If he didn't do so, and engages, he risks getting himself sanctioned for PvP-abuse.
4.) Whining doesn't really help. Asking nicely, studying server rules thoroughly and reporting the violator if you think he broke a rule does help.

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Potter Harry - 06-14-2013

I am the person in question who pirated you.

Nothing on my character even slightly resembled a Freelancer affiliation. I was using a republican shipping ID, had no IFF and was indeed flying a Behemoth.

As displayed here, carrying a Republican Shipping ID allows you to pirate corporate vessels belonging to houses at war with Rheinland. You were flying a DSE IDd transport, which is a corporation affiliated with Liberty, which is at war with Rheinland.

It was perfectly within the boundaries of the rules to pirate you.

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Scumbag - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 02:41 PM)Potter Harry Wrote: I am the person in question who pirated you.

Nothing on my character even slightly resembled a Freelancer affiliation. I was using a republican shipping ID, had no IFF and was indeed flying a Behemoth.

As displayed here, carrying a Republican Shipping ID allows you to pirate corporate vessels belonging to houses at war with Rheinland. You were flying a DSE IDd transport, which is a corporation affiliated with Liberty, which is at war with Rheinland.

Problem solved. Lets discuss freelancers in anothere thread.

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Pilip - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 02:41 PM)Potter Harry Wrote: I am the person in question who pirated you.

i always had Gateway ID on tht ship, but you didn't bother to scan me just ask : libertonian right? and instantly started shooting me down; yea like you said so LOUD on your ,,accept me back please,, poll it's very easy to make tons of cash in no time in disco really!
you take pleasure in showing others how fools they are and suck by respecting rules!! any kind ! Whining? cunt i'd beat the shit out of you for making me losing my time just be cause no one cant teach you to behave and yes pedofiles for example have feelings too!! yes is that civil and we should care; that's the people attitude towards you and that's exactly whi your still here.

RE: freelancers demanding cargo..pirating - Sabru - 06-15-2013

(06-14-2013, 10:10 PM)Pilip Wrote:

i always had Gateway ID on tht ship, but you didn't bother to scan me just ask : libertonian right? and instantly started shooting me down; yea like you said so LOUD on your ,,accept me back please,, poll it's very easy to make tons of cash in no time in disco really!
you take pleasure in showing others how fools they are and suck by respecting rules!! any kind ! Whining? cunt i'd beat the ***** out of you for making me losing my time just be cause no one cant teach you to behave and yes pedofiles for example have feelings too!! yes is that civil and we should care; that's the people attitude towards you and that's exactly whi your still here.

I cant believe i'm saying this (i must be going insane), but i have to support doj here.

Now back to the point.....
So you got pirated, woop de doo.

i do think you've violated the sandwich rule though. Go make a sandwich and calm down.