Discovery Gaming Community
I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: I would like to start a Player Owned Base (/showthread.php?tid=102256)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - PeterFreelancer - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 03:26 PM)JayDee Wrote: I fail to see reason for PoB in 100k away off plane. Unless its in enemy territory and used as outpost for attack.

if you base had enough materials on it and crew was alive - base probably got blown up. Someone might saw you going with materials to deadspace and then went to recon and saw it from distance. Or you had cloaked ship following you. Or ... conspiracy.

First base I built at Nagasaki / Stokes Smelter, blown up within an hour.
Then I built a base at Stokes asteroid field just at normal plane level, destroyed within a few hours.
Then I built a base very high (don't know exactly how many k but many at stokes asteroid field), also destroyed, I just used that base to see if somebody is using a PoB locator hack or something, because this can't be possible. Only thing that can be the solution is the cloaking device, but it's stupid that discovery have put it in game, now you can always say, mate that Battleship had a cloaking device on 100k altitude and was watching your base... It's annoying.
And by the way; I saw my base getting shot by one Gallic Royal Navy Battleship, so base didn't die because of lack of supplies

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - SummerMcLovin - 07-22-2013

Well if it was being shot by a Battleship, that'll be what killed it I assume. Might have been more coming along to 'help' later - it is always a danger with any base for it to be attacked by enemy fleets, and you'd need quite a large and active team of transports to build it quickly and safely.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - evanz - 07-22-2013

your best options is to contact a large lawful transport faction relevant for what system your in

eg for bretonia, theres bowex/gateway etc even neighboring transport factions, aslong as the id of your base is not hostile to them

and yes there probably are bad people that go around just wanting to kill bases, you probably got followed or were seen
with supplies, to start out a base need supplies very quick and at least 5 large transports running their asses off to supply it

you might need to put a cloak on a large trans to hide yourself whilst supplying it

other options are to have a good few transports already with supplies docked at nearest stations to where your base is going to be BEFORE its initial build, then quickly put whats needed onto it and start core levels and upgrades

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Lythrilux - 07-22-2013

Gl protecting this from the bass hunters.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - PeterFreelancer - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 04:16 PM)evanz Wrote: your best options is to contact a large lawful transport faction relevant for what system your in

eg for bretonia, theres bowex/gateway etc even neighboring transport factions, aslong as the id of your base is not hostile to them

and yes there probably are bad people that go around just wanting to kill bases, you probably got followed or were seen
with supplies, to start out a base need supplies very quick and at least 5 large transports running their asses off to supply it

you might need to put a cloak on a large trans to hide yourself whilst supplying it

other options are to have a good few transports already with supplies docked at nearest stations to where your base is going to be BEFORE its initial build, then quickly put whats needed onto it and start core levels and upgrades

I can't trust whole companies because if only one member from Bowex / Gateway controls a gallic capital ship then I'm finished. The problem is that people can pretend to help set the base up but then will kill it with an other account, if you know what I mean...

(07-22-2013, 04:35 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Gl protecting this from the bass hunters.

They were the ones who destroyed my base!!!

Quote SMGSterlin:
RE: The Bass Hunters?
Yeah, this a group of players who use battleships of all kinds, with all kinds of various ID's, just to troll and destroy POB's.

It's both powergaming and metagaming at it's finest, and the admins should squash it.

Me: Found the video of my base being destroyed, the basshunters group contain XTF = outcast players, LNS = Liberty Navy players and Royal Navy players and probably BAF and others aswell. This is just pure evil. This ruins the gameplay of discovery Freelancer man...
link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJT3jrFozB8

Haaaha I will never pay 300 million to start a base at Bretonia and then BAF will tell where I am building and then the bass hunters will kill my base, no way, what a ridiculous society here omg. I see on other videos BAF joining group chat, enough evidence for me. Owning my own base is a dream that will never come true I see...

So the bass hunters (base hunters) are probably some Discovery Freelancer trolls with battleships who want to ruin bases all over sirius which take ages to built. They are the trolls of Freelancer and this has nothing to do with RP. I think I say goodbye to this game. Also the pirates who demand an enormous amount of credits which is even more than the profit you can get for you cargo is also a big problem in freelancer

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Sabru - 07-23-2013

******* RAGE ALERT******

wow calm down.
yes they are trolls, and they destroy bases. but no need to go psycho and claim everyone cant be trusted because of some deluded notion that everyone is working with the bass hunters.

Quote: Haaaha I will never pay 300 million to start a base at Bretonia and then BAF will tell where I am building and then the bass hunters will kill my base, no way, what a ridiculous society here omg.

you think the BAF would sell you out to the Bass Hunters? lololololol

what the bass hunters are doing is wrong, but.....

Much butthurt i sense in you

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - Sheaim - 07-23-2013

Besides, the Bass Hunters themselves state that they only attack bases that run out of supplies... I don't know how much truth is in these claims, but I have no reason not to believe them.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - JayDee Kasane - 07-23-2013

Hah, if Id quit games because got trolled/annoyed/pissed off - I would quit Disco right after I joined Corsairs or Coalition.
Most hated factions FTW!!!

Quote:Haaaha I will never pay 300 million to start a base at Bretonia and then BAF will tell where I am building and then the bass hunters will kill my base, no way, what a ridiculous society here omg. I see on other videos BAF joining group chat, enough evidence for me. Owning my own base is a dream that will never come true I see...

Selling info to someone is metagaming and harming server gameplay. Stuff like that will probably destroy BAF official faction, if it will be proved to adminz. And PoB is not designed for 1 guy to obtain.
And honestly - I really fail to see why you even need it. PoB serves no purpose that isnt redicilously lolwut like camping Bases/Gates and killing everyone on sight.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - sindroms - 07-23-2013

Well, why would you attack a fully supplied core 4 base? The Bass Hunters attack bases which run out of supplies, in other words, belonging to individuals who think that a group project can be done solo. If you care about your base and make sure to supply it, it will not be harmed.

POBs naturally have no enemies, they are too easy to make and are not within danger. I think people should understand that there are simply things that you cannot have, in other words, space is dangerous.

Also this thing about ''ohnoz no rp before base pew'' argument is getting way too old. Do you really think that any sort of PVP engagement is the RESULT of roleplay? No, it is the result of the IDs people use. If you see an enemy ship, you drop some needed lines of RP and then go in to shoot it. The RP is usually the outcome of the whole situation, not the initiator.

Your base is being attacked by battleships with the ID which is hostile to your faction. If it was a PVP fight, nobody would bat an eye. It is all because people have this delusional thought that bases cannot be touched only because they take so long to make. No, that is not the case. That is why we even have shields and weapon platforms. That is the reason they are destructible in the first place. If you build an OC POB, be sure that the Corsairs, IMG and BHG will take interest in bringing it down.

This has been done for years now. People gather groups to focus their efforts against specific factions, groups or individuals. This time the targets are POBs, but the difference between then and now is that the group simply went on and showed what exactly they do. Of course all of these actions are OORP related, because all of the decisions you make are ones made in real life, not by your fictional characters.

In other words, RP is OORP. Every bit of RP has OORP reasoning. It was always the case. People just are mindblown that someone actually acknowledges that.

RE: I would like to start a Player Owned Base - password - 07-23-2013

Funny how it's hard to log 1 transport to put some basic alloy or whatever on the base but when it's attacked an armada of different IDs come to defend it. 8|