Discovery Gaming Community
Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? (/showthread.php?tid=102513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Echo 7-7 - 07-30-2013

(07-29-2013, 05:17 PM)Alley Wrote: vanu is for people that like to play easy, I have more respect for TR players than Vanu.

NC is challenging to play, so I like that.

Uh, what. The VS MBT is made of paper, the TR MBT has a ludicrous amount of firepower, and the TR empire-specific lock-on missile launcher is also very good. Perhaps the VS on your server are just lousy players.

(07-29-2013, 08:15 PM)Switchback Wrote: ...
@Max

Thanks for that. I don't buy the new weapons because the starter guns Vanu gets are pretty good well rounded. I would rather upgrade my vehicles & class abilities than new guns.

Honestly, I don't see how people can call the VS OP, the playstyle and guns act differently. More than once both me and some TR/NC guy have died while shooting each other point blank.

Well, didn't mean to sound too harsh, but it might have come across that way, hah. I guess it depends what your preferred class is. I'm not a huge fan of any of the default guns, but you can get very usable weapons at 100 or 250 certs, which can be earned in one decent session of play. When did you start playing? I've got several months of playing behind me an the accompanying quantity of certs, so I've got at least two gun options for each class.

VS isn't OP. I once heard some NC crying that the lack of bullet drop in our guns made getting headshots easier... which is definitely not the case against a moving target.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Rodnas - 07-30-2013

Meh, all of the factions have good stuff - it is the coolness factor that is different!

I mean the Phoenix and all the guided stuff are giving some neat playstyle difference - yet the VS get the point and click lancer for example( i love it, but it is not cool)... startig gear...well, the Gauss Saw is great if certed, the orion is great out of the box - at some points you can buy "equivalents" at some points you can't -
i would loooove to get my hands on the TR carabines or their SMG simply for the awesome bigger ammo they provide....and the TRAC 5 s is much better then its eqivalents...
But aside from a few items, stuff is so close together, it doesn't really matter to me.

Vanu is simply uninspired design, which is sad - still, i will stick to papa vanu Big Grin

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Stygian - 07-30-2013

Live free in the NC, bish.

Stygian0 representing PXP on Waterson.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Switchback - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 01:37 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: Well, didn't mean to sound too harsh, but it might have come across that way, hah. I guess it depends what your preferred class is. I'm not a huge fan of any of the default guns, but you can get very usable weapons at 100 or 250 certs, which can be earned in one decent session of play. When did you start playing? I've got several months of playing behind me an the accompanying quantity of certs, so I've got at least two gun options for each class.

VS isn't OP. I once heard some NC crying that the lack of bullet drop in our guns made getting headshots easier... which is definitely not the case against a moving target.

I prefer the engineer/medic/light assault, none of that Heavy Assault easymode. I am at BR-30 something. I did get the NS SMG recently with stockpiled credits, pretty wonderful running around as a infiltrator with a suppressed SMG. The VS Carbine is really nice well rounded gun, nice mid-range accuracy which I absolutely adore.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Narcotic - 07-30-2013

Always wanted to try this game. But it looks not like a beginner-friendly game - so I cba to watch tutorials or waste hours in order to get into it quick enough to enjoy it.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - nOmnomnOm - 07-30-2013

Yep i play from time to time. Ima mean sniper Big Grin

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Switchback - 07-30-2013

(07-30-2013, 08:58 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Always wanted to try this game. But it looks not like a beginner-friendly game - so I cba to watch tutorials or waste hours in order to get into it quick enough to enjoy it.

Best way to start off is playing with a friend or two who have mics. It is a bit harsh starting off, but full of fun once you get everything sorted.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Jihadjoe - 07-31-2013

(07-30-2013, 06:26 PM)Rodnas Wrote: Vanu is simply uninspired design, which is sad - still, i will stick to papa vanu Big Grin

Don't see any othe strafing, flying tanks. Also, the lancer is hilarious to use in groups. Collectively point, collectively click... Boom... Undodgable, laser accurate, almost instantaneous tank death. It's only dull for the solo player.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Sabru - 07-31-2013

i play it occassionally.

i wouldnt say Vanu are OP, just (on the server i play on at least) ridiculously over represented.....

im talking about >75% of the average server population online playing as Vanu.

Me, i prefer to play NC and TR, mainly NC.

RE: Anyone of you people Play Planetside 2? - Stolt. - 07-31-2013

From my experience as a TR, VS are good at zerging because their weapons are meant for CQC, its where they are the most OP.

NC is good for fighting at a distance as their weapons require the most accuracy due to low fire rate and high damage.

As for TR, our advantage is that we are the fastest out of the other two - we have the fastest tanks and the fastest firing weapons.

We should all join one server and create a disco FL outfit : )