Discovery Gaming Community
Confused - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Confused (/showthread.php?tid=104275)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Confused - Highland Laddie - 09-04-2013

It's called Skype. I actually offered a good suggestion. Try it.

RE: Confused - RSAMaximus - 09-04-2013

Last time i called for help in system chat i got a warning not to post in system chat by an ANGEL..

RE: Confused - Hone - 09-04-2013

Were you talking OORP?

i quote " pirate don't attack me " so i was still RPing at the point

so with all the different situation seems me and my friends have been targeted to be picked on at every turn or something else is going on but i can tell you one thing this amount of problems in short time is not coincidence. I have been gaming for over 22 years and half of that is online gaming in my life i have never encounter this much trouble in online game

and as a X admin for online gaming community i can tell this is what we would call Cyber bully against new players

Saying "pirate dont attack me" is hardly calling for help properly. In this case what I was saying earlier was that its not a stalemate, cos the Liberty Navy guy can just return to his patrol if he wants, you shouldnt be chasing a snub in a destroyer anyway, best thing you can do for him is to advise him to use a fighter/gb.

Its bad for people to try to be loopholing with zoners, and if theyr talking oorp in local they're breaking the rules already. Basically report rulebreakers, but try to deal with problems INRP where you can - zoners taunting lawfuls into attacking them is not OORP in itself, think angry protesters IRL.

And theres no such thing as bullying in a situation where you're always free to turn off an walk away.

Hone that makes allot of sense thanks but was not actually chasing him was just going to show ship to another new player and came across this happening. Destroyer was on way to jump gate and pirate kept running backwards towards the jump gate as well and that where it all stopped and .. " the RP " Ambush session happened and escalated in outrageous call your buddy session..

what i saw was they all talked at same time to navy guy and expected him to answer every one when non actually stopped talking .. funny.... bombard him with chatter and making him out to be the bad guy due to lack of response

and there is such a thing as bullying if same people do it over and over at daily basis til it come to part where you just walk away from the game forever .. and that is harmful to server i would say

(09-04-2013, 01:02 AM)Hone Wrote: try to deal with problems INRP where you can - zoners taunting lawfuls into attacking them is not OORP in itself, think angry protesters IRL.

And theres no such thing as bullying in a situation where you're always free to turn off an walk away.

For instance in that case Id have just told them to get on with their business and carried on doing what I want. Also if you need help, most houses/factions have a skype chat. For instance Im in the Bretonian Emergency chat, where we post only vital battleinfo, and Bretonian Lawful chat, where lawful players talk about whatever. He should ask to be added to Liberty's if he has a lib navy destroyer and needs help.

RE: Confused - Daedric - 09-04-2013

I'm not sure what you see in your scenario as bullying. You've listed one instance of a newer player being overwhelmed by other players. That isn't bullying. This is a multi-player game; you will run into multiple people and be forced to interact with them. If you cannot manage to interact with multiple people at once, this type of game isn't for you.

If the Navy destroyer was just passing through, he should have done just that. A pirate isn't always the Navy's first priority. You aren't obligated to stop and listen to other players because you're the law. Though, to be honest I cannot really make out what happened because you aren't very clear on what did happen.

What is not Clear ? and it is if it happens by same people every day and 2 - 3 times a day try to lure him into situation where he does not know how to defuse the problem cause every time they call there friends to cause more issues .. new players don't have many friends to call for help and they certainly don't know the rules so basically the older players see this as a loop hole and use to there advantage to take advantage of new players around every turn ..

RE: Confused - Highland Laddie - 09-04-2013

Okay, then don't use the System chat when you're out patrolling or hunting for pirates. Find a friendly/allied player that is within radar/sight, and work with them to go after the group of pirates.

Or, get on Skype and use the Emergency Channels to ask for help.