Discovery Gaming Community
Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 (/showthread.php?tid=105443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Ponge - 10-01-2013

Other good thing would be if the basic maintenance commodities (Reinforced Alloy mainly) would be available at a LOT more places, so ANY base could be supplied from the same system it is in, or from the neighbouring system. This would reduce the length of the supply runs, thus the time needed for supplying, and would leave more time to do RP.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - AeternusDoleo - 10-01-2013

If you can't handle the supply runs then either:
A: Put the base in a faraway location rather then near one of the core systems/supply points.
B: Don't have the people to do, or willing to do, the occasional restock.

Both these aren't issues with the development side. Remote bases take longer to supply. Smaller groups of players will have a harder time to supply a base.

Yes, but think about the bases those already exist. Those were built according to the supply points present in 4.86. With the supply point changes, some base's supply time increased quite much. If they let the bases die and build it somewhere else, that results in even more supply grinding. And for example the mining bases, like the ones in Alberta, they have to be close to the ore source.

Other thing:
It was said the basic everyday commodities will be sold in several places. Robotics Hardware has 2 sell points now. Reinforced Alloy has less sell points than Basic Alloy. Is this subject to changes, or this will stay this way?

Thanks, Roadrunner, I found the Hull Segments.

Other question: why can't I see the sell points mentioned by Roadrunner in FL Companion?

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - roadrunner - 10-01-2013

Well look harder

Hull Segments

Planet Kyushu

Stokes Mining St

Leeds Atmospheric Entry

Trafalgar Base

Kagoshima Depot

Ainu Depot

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Highland Laddie - 10-01-2013

Quote:Yes, but think about the bases those already exist. Those were built according to the supply points present in 4.86. With the supply point changes, some base's supply time increased quite much. If they let the bases die and build it somewhere else, that results in even more supply grinding. And for example the mining bases, like the ones in Alberta, they have to be close to the ore source.

Well, bases that already exist should make do...or they will expire...and give way to new bases that will be easier to build/maintain. Survival of the fittest, right? Or, those players will have to expand their numbers so they don't have to grind quite as hard/long to get things done. OR.....maybe this will HELP bring actual business back to the Supply corporations in the game and create new opportunities for RP/piracy/pews/fun.

Quote:Other thing:
It was said the basic everyday commodities will be sold in several places. Robotics Hardware has 2 sell points now. Reinforced Alloy has less sell points than Basic Alloy. I could not find Hull Segments anywhere (yet). Is this subject to changes, or this will stay this way?

Your assumption that Robotics Hardware, Reinforced Alloy, and Hull Segments are basic, everyday commodities seems to be a bit off then, yes? Look around! I'm sure you'll find them somewhere. Wink

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Xoria - 10-01-2013

Base maintenance commodities should be more widely available than construction commodities. I'll increase the number of locations for Robotic Hardware and Ship Hull Segments in the next update.

Also remember that prices everywhere are the same for these commodities, so while your time cost may increase to supply the base, the cost in credits is probably decreasing, which means less time spent earning those credits to begin with.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Kosa - 10-01-2013

Reinforced Alloy IS a basic everyday commodity. And it really is rare. Kusari has 1 sell point. Rheinland also has one only : a Junker base. Liberty has 3 of which 1 is Xeno (yarr!). I foresee high PoB concentration on thoe few areas. On the other hand large groups will be needed to supply a base in the Sigma region.
Note: This is not a QQ. Rarity could encourage more gameplay. I'm also curious if this is still a subject to changes - I hope not.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Vipera Berus - 10-01-2013

All I can say is thank god the supply commodities in terms of distance has decreased while price for them has relative to what they cost before has risen - namely basic alloy (renforced alloy now) and foodstuff has jumped upwards.

RE: Attn POB Suppliers: Major Changes in Update 2 - Highland Laddie - 10-01-2013

Quote:Also remember that prices everywhere are the same for these commodities, so while your time cost may increase to supply the base, the cost in credits is probably decreasing, which means less time spent earning those credits to begin with.

That seems silly to me. Less time spent earning those credits = less time mining/trading = less need for suppliers in general = less chance encounters for piracy = less need for pirates = less need for police/navy = less pvp/interactions in general = less reason to play the game at all.

This doesn't have to be a "everything is equal for everybody" server. What's so bad if one group has to pay a little more or fly a little farther to get Robotics/Alloy/whatever than another group? I'm sure they'll also get something else cheaper...that's how the markets are supposed to work. Prices should at the least reflect RP-economic circumstances.

Food is ABUNDANT in systems like Kyushu, Stuttgart, and Cambridge, so food prices SHOULD be dirt cheap there. Food is SCARCE in the Omicrons and Taus, and it SHOULD be more expensive there. Thus...it SHOULD be way more expensive to feed a POB way out in the Omicrons than it would in the Houses. AND THAT...my friends, is a good explanation about why Zoners/Corsairs/Outcasts, etc. aren't as numerous, resourceful, or powerful as the Houses are. Ta daa!

Pirates are less likely to hit ships with low value cargo, like supply commodities; they will sit on ore transport routes. I have been pirated with ore like a hundred times, but never while shipping BA or water.