Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline (/showthread.php?tid=112129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Echo 7-7 - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:51 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: ...
When has the mod replaced any imported asset with a recolored original model?

Never. However, the current policy is to improve model quality, and this certainly an improvement to me.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Garrett Jax - 02-18-2014

I think the ships will work just fine. I love the textures and appreciate all the work aerelm, Yuri, Max and the rest of the devs are doing to contribute to this mod.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Spud - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:19 AM)aerelm Wrote: Existing Phantom ships are low quality imports and their balance is admittedly somewhat out of whack,

Imports maybe.

Low quality, not at all. They are the best looking ships in the mod imo.

Balance out of whack would be solved if you made the hitboxes large methinks. Like make the sLipstream a heavy fighter or even VHF and the ravens claw something in between a VHF and SHV. Make it a s light SHV and make it able to fire a snac so they have something like a bomber.

Either way, don't remove the ships. Remove the phantoms from the mod, but don't remove the Slipstream and Ravens claw. They were the only good thing about the phantoms.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Lythrilux - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:48 AM)Sarawr!? Wrote: These really aren't a suitable "replacement", I'd rather see them using a hodgepodge of Bworlds tech and whatever else is already available, over reskinned CTE ships, if they're not gonna get their own new line. (The reskins do look killer though XD)

This.
I would love to see mixes of Borderworlds and CTE ships thrown together and with a new texture, much along the lines of ships like the Hellfire legion shipline, or the new Unioner shipline.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Gulryz - 02-18-2014

i don't think it is a good idea
these look similar to CTE series but according to to phantoms i readed there whole history i am really in intrested in them Smile it said phantom were from different sectore then how they have ships like sirius people have?

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Sath - 02-18-2014

Borderworlds shipline looks more "terrorising" than the civilian shipline.It would be fitting to the Ghostly and terrorist RP that I think this faction is all about.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Remilia Scarlet - 02-18-2014

Those are funny, but I'd say - add some detail to those they they look a bit different from original CTE not just color-wise. Other then that it's a go.

Slipstream is, maybe, cool looking ship, but it's simply a representation of an awful detail, ugly texturing and being import. So, go with the new ship line.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - HuggieSunrise - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 07:18 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(02-18-2014, 06:51 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: ...
When has the mod replaced any imported asset with a recolored original model?

Never. However, the current policy is to improve model quality, and this certainly an improvement to me.

Again.. not poo pooing the effort.. but.. uh.. is there much time to look around? i mean if plans are hot to replace them for 87 and get out of beta asap i totally get it. but again.. I think we can do better..

and that doesn't mean I dont appreciate or admire .. the gorgeous black re textures (they are pretty). I mean ive flown the eagle for.. .... hell its always been my favorite.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Pancakes - 02-18-2014

What if new models were made?

I mean, I get the whole replace-the-model attitude, it's quite needed, but just a colored CTE line seems just... unfitting?

I'd suggest a mixture of the Borderworlds line, much like the HF shipline. Maybe Justin can even do a similar job, if he has the time and the willingness.

Or, worst case, I will step out from this dome of uselessness I am currently in and do it myself.

RE: Proposal: New "Phantom" Shipline - Thexare - 02-18-2014

I'd kinda like to see alternate skins for several more civilian ships, myself. Maybe stat variations, probably not. But ultimately I don't think people would go for the idea.

It just seems weird that on the open commercial market, the most popular ships are... beige. Not red, not green, not any other eye-catching color... beige.

But I digress somewhat.