Discovery Gaming Community
Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Zoner Changes and the ZA future (/showthread.php?tid=112574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Savas - 02-27-2014

You're going to have to change a lot more than "a little" for this to not be powergaming. For starters, Zoners aren't militaristic, nor do they engage in subterfuge and infiltration.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Nexus Ark - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 05:10 PM)Zoner-Trader Wrote: Ok now lets look at what ZA have really been doing, this cant be used in comm's or rp as none of you should know as we keep denying.

ZA trade in Nomad materials, Equipment/Weapons ( we did get caught with the weapons, but that was resolved)
ZA trade in human/alien organs, Drugs and Artifacts. We also do great trade in normal everday Goods/Ore.
ZA build afew bases on request as were good at it!
Za build Cloaks, Jump Drives and Hangers.
ZA setup farming stations in O-99(Nothing like a hunting lodge to jump from and to)
ZA have infiltrated the Corsair Empire, The Order, The Core and the Rheinland Navy(remmember were a military organisation and as such have a devious nature).

I seriously can't believe you don't see what you are doing is completely meta gaming. Now if you imagine the devs suddenly turned Murduks into one shot kill nephilims weapons and your bases into paper armored station. You lost all your ships and station, would you still continue to RP on that line ? Saying the nomads developed super weapons and trade an manufacturing got ruined ? Would you ?

Nomad in lore is much more advance and powerful than Human, to think yourself surviving in their home world only exists in dreams. For balancing purposes, the nomad real power is toned down to make it more playable in this mod. Guess what ? you are abusing that mechanics right now and say you are all almighty and what not.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Zoner-Trader - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)Savas Wrote: You're going to have to change a lot more than "a little" for this to not be powergaming. For starters, Zoners aren't militaristic, nor do they engage in subterfuge and infiltration.

Really, you think Zoner's walk around in a daze and dont know whats going on?

(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)Nexus Ark Wrote: I seriously can't believe you don't see what you are doing is completely meta gaming. Now if you imagine the devs suddenly turned Murduks into one shot kill nephilims weapons and your bases into paper armored station. You lost all your ships and station, would you still continue to RP on that line ? Saying the nomads developed super weapons and trade an manufacturing got ruined ? Would you ?

Nomad in lore is much more advance and powerful than Human, to think yourself surviving in their home world only exists in dreams. For balancing purposes, the nomad real power is toned down to make it more playable in this mod. Guess what ? you are abusing that mechanics right now and say you are all almighty and what not.

Sorry meta-gaming nope, but other than that...your arguement isnt relevant.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Zen_Mechanics - 02-27-2014

It is clear Savas that you can't control yourself and have your "disagreement" in a civil proper way, you must always deny a ones right to express his opinions, but even that has a limit. Incase you need medications, I'll just say that this thread is only about constructive &good&bad ideas/opinions. You are in no way entitled to tell someone that his opinions are iirelevant. The "re-write" is not the end project, it was as suggested only an attempt.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - sindroms - 02-27-2014

I think you had your chance and you blew it.
ZA is dead. The community has spoken.

Write it off and try something else with a different name and a different ID.

Preferably on a different server.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Garrett Jax - 02-27-2014

Quote:What can i say other than, will ZA still be able to continue to be a military down and out underhanded organisation, hell bent on the destruction of all who appose it....the answer yes *chuckle*

The problem is that you taking advantage of Zoner neutrality by adopting the ID and name, yet your goals are completely opposite of what Zoners have carefully developed over years of gameplay.

If you wish to be hell bent on war and destruction, pick a different ID.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Savas - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 05:39 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: It is clear Savas that you can't control yourself and have your "disagreement" in a civil proper way, you must always deny a ones right to express his opinions, but even that has a limit. Incase you need medications, I'll just say that this thread is only about constructive &good&bad ideas/opinions. You are in no way entitled to tell someone that his opinions are iirelevant. The "re-write" is not the end project, it was as suggested only an attempt.

Way to flame-bait.

The community has said no to this, the admins have said no to this. Swallow your pride and move on.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Nexus Ark - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 05:39 PM)Zoner-Trader Wrote:
(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)Savas Wrote: You're going to have to change a lot more than "a little" for this to not be powergaming. For starters, Zoners aren't militaristic, nor do they engage in subterfuge and infiltration.

Really, you think Zoner's walk around in a daze and dont know whats going on?

Quote:I seriously can't believe you don't see what you are doing is completely meta gaming. Now if you imagine the devs suddenly turned Murduks into one shot kill nephilims weapons and your bases into paper armored station. You lost all your ships and station, would you still continue to RP on that line ? Saying the nomads developed super weapons and trade an manufacturing got ruined ? Would you ?

Sorry meta-gaming nope, but other than that...your arguement isnt relevant.

Please enlighten me why is it not relevant instead of it just saying it isn't ?
"Farming in O-99" is absurd as saying the Germans in world war two went over to London and set up a concentration camp in the tower of London, persecuting Jews in the UK population while the fighting was going on.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - Zen_Mechanics - 02-27-2014

(02-27-2014, 05:40 PM)sindroms Wrote: I think you had your chance and you blew it.
ZA is dead. The community has spoken.

Write it off and try something else with a different name and a different ID.

Preferably on a different server.

Do you represent the community? Do you or the "friends" to whom you associate automaticaly represent the community? Im sorry my lord.

RE: Zoner Changes and the ZA future - t0l - 02-27-2014

Quote:ZA have infiltrated the Corsair Empire, The Order, The Core and the Rheinland Navy(remmember were a military organisation and as such have a devious nature).

[Image: tumblr_ly2syqYKgT1qc4v9ro1_500.gif]

I'm done.