Discovery Gaming Community
New newbie system? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New newbie system? (/showthread.php?tid=113079)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New newbie system? - Zen_Mechanics - 03-11-2014

Delete restarts ( except nomads ) so that players can go back and work on their reputation.

RE: New newbie system? - sindroms - 03-11-2014

Tel-Aniv, have you ever set up a Zoner Guard character back in the day?

RE: New newbie system? - t0l - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 03:57 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Delete restarts ( except nomads ) so that players can go back and work on their reputation.

nope

nopenopenopenopenopenopenope

RE: New newbie system? - Bulldog. - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 03:57 PM)Tel-Aviv Wrote: Delete restarts ( except nomads ) so that players can go back and work on their reputation.

This is a bit extreme and time consuming

RE: New newbie system? - JohnyWalker - 03-11-2014

I think its not good idea for some reason:

1. Pennsylvania its perfect due its a centered system, so they will see how others are moving around
2. Also due the location, they will see a lot of diferent factions and how they interact.
3. Also, this location gives them the posibility to explore more places and discover more things
4. I am always mining Helium here and talking them about all I know, just to inform them about the roleplaying.
5. Normaly LNS and other officers are sitted in New York, so its good also the newbies can watch them interacting with the pirates.
6. And now, think if they start far away... they will not see much players around, they will not see how Officers act, also the pirates, also they will cannot move much, because all destiny placer are really far away.

Helium Charity its working pilots!!!

RE: New newbie system? - Sabru - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 04:49 PM)JohnyWalker Wrote: 5. Normaly LNS and other officers are sitted in New York, so its good also the newbies can watch them interacting with the pirates.

LNS as a good example? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

you basically just listed at least three reasons why penn is bad, not good.

RE: New newbie system? - nOmnomnOm - 03-11-2014

I think its better for new guys to get into the real game play as fast as possible because they can get examples from the more experienced people. Its up to us to set an example and here is a strange thought:

RP with them and help them out a bit????? Show them around????

OMG ITS SUCH A STRANGE IDEA!!!!

common now.

I've done it a bunch of times. Its fun and you might be surprised too. Not all new players suck at this game from the start.

RE: New newbie system? - Lythrilux - 03-11-2014

Yes please. Let's take a page out of runescapes book.
We could have a system with a little tutorial or something.

RE: New newbie system? - NixOlympica - 03-11-2014

Holy hell, the new restarts might be the only thing I like about 87.

But to stay on-topic, I like the idea.

RE: New newbie system? - Bulldog. - 03-11-2014

Good to see some positive and strange feedback.

The system could be setup to teach the new players as much as it possibly can without someones help .But also to try and balance where they go from there.
Penn might sit in the middle of the whole map but its still in Liberty.This is also why I think there is such a huge fleet of LNS.New players come and very first caps they see is Liberty's and its map layout is the first they learn.

But dont stop please go on,I hope we can create a usable idea that might be implemented in the future.