Discovery Gaming Community
A Pretty Little Talarca - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A Pretty Little Talarca (/showthread.php?tid=11308)

Pages: 1 2

A Pretty Little Talarca - Zapp - 08-16-2008

If the infocard says that Freelancers use it, why not make a little addition to the FL ID that allows Light Cruisers? As it stands, the Talacra is the worst cruiser in the game (sorry to burst your bubble), so I think any spammage wouldn't be terrible.

A Pretty Little Talarca - chovynz - 08-16-2008

No idea about the ID sorry.

Names ideas
Idiots Delight
Idiots Gamble
Hells Fool
Jolly Fool
Pig-of-a-Fool
Idiotic Foolery
Fools Fury
Whipped Idiot
Idiocy.and.Fools
General Fool
Idiots Haven

A Pretty Little Talarca - BaconSoda - 08-16-2008

' Wrote:If the infocard says that Freelancers use it, why not make a little addition to the FL ID that allows Light Cruisers? As it stands, the Talacra is the worst cruiser in the game (sorry to burst your bubble), so I think any spammage wouldn't be terrible.

I think you forget that it has a very small profile. Hitting the Talarca isn't that easy. It has the same powerplant as the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser as well, while it is something like 1/2 or 2/3 the size.

I might be wrong, but last time I saw the Farmer's Rage, it was very, very small.

A Pretty Little Talarca - n00bl3t - 08-16-2008

Eh. Just get a Zoner ID and do some interesting RP with it.

' Wrote:I think you forget that it has a very small profile. Hitting the Talarca isn't that easy. It has the same powerplant as the Rheinland Pirate Cruiser as well, while it is something like 1/2 or 2/3 the size.

I might be wrong, but last time I saw the Farmer's Rage, it was very, very small.

Which makes it all the better for Freelancers. I'm sorry, I saw an IMG GB and an RT beat a Talacra without breaking a sweat, and I hit an SN on one yesterday, no problem.

A Pretty Little Talarca - PliantReality - 08-16-2008

Oddly enough, I'm totally fine with it sucking as a Light Cruiser. Mostly, it was better for RP (in my mind) to use a Light Cruiser for exploration than a refitted Lux Liner. Yes, the Lux Liner is better, can be upgraded to a ridiculous degree. But I like my Talarca. Sucky or not.

I think I'm liking the name Jolly Fool. And Idiot's Delight. And Fool's Haven.

Damn. Good choices there.

Oh, and thank you all for your input - I am now required to shamelessly advertise my other thread concerning inter-House espionage.

:)

A Pretty Little Talarca - Alex.Kilgour - 08-16-2008

Have you considered the Kusari Explorer or the Orca GB ? True, they're both in the GB class, but then you wouldn't have any ID problems. Myself, I've been just about everywhere with a Firefly. As for the name, I like "R/V Agincourt" (R/V = Research Vessel) myself;)

Pinball Wizard for the name! Yus! Especially if you take it through Tau 23 or Omega 41...