Discovery Gaming Community
Server running but not available - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Server running but not available (/showthread.php?tid=114148)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Server running but not available - Vipera Berus - 04-05-2014

(04-05-2014, 09:45 PM)APDAF Wrote:
Cortexian Wrote:an issue with the way FLServer was coded that's causing this to happen starting at this specific date?

I hope not... otherwise what will we do then?

What I will do is start cursing the game developers who programmed it in.

RE: Server running but not available - |nfrared - 04-05-2014

Phone Cannon, tell him he can use my PC. He can't be more than a few hundred kms away.

No, I'm serious.

RE: Server running but not available - Cortexian - 04-06-2014

Whatever it was, it seems to have been resolved on my server...

RE: Server running but not available - KellyR - 04-06-2014

Same here. At least for now, knock wood.

Kelly

RE: Server running but not available - Kazinsal - 04-06-2014

We actually have chatted with Cannon.

We have a fairly significant group of people across multiple servers trying to figure out this issue now.

Please bear with us.

RE: Server running but not available - KellyR - 04-07-2014

There is a server that doesn't seem to be affected by this. I won't name which one, but I PM'd their ADMIN with the following message.

KellyR Wrote:Hi.

I am the admin of Discovery Free Play 24/7 Non-RP and along with most of the other servers it seems like we're going down quite a bit even though the server appears, on the local console, to be up and ready for logins.

However I notice that this one has no down time at all according to flserver.de. Can you shed any light on what the rest of us might be doing wrong? or haven't done?

Kelly

Here s the reply I received.

Unnamed ADMIN Wrote:Hi Kelly, not off the top of my head. Are you servers showing up in the server listing in the Freelancer client? In the past there's been several people who seem to enjoy attacking the Discovery servers and knocking them offline. They normally do that by sending a malformed connection request repeatedly, basically flooding the server. No one ever plays on my server (other than my son usually), so we probably just haven't made it on the radar of whoever is having fun trying to knock the other servers offline.

There used to be a DDOS dll that used to be optional to load that helped on some basic attacks, but I'm pretty sure Canon added that code into the discovery package directly.

For fun, I'd load a UDP port watcher on your server's freelancer port, and bind it to port 2302. You might find that port getting hammered with request from the same IP.

To be honest, I don't have a great idea, but that's probably where I would start, if I was having issues with my port showing up, and nothing else had changed recently.

I hope this helps.

Kelly

RE: Server running but not available - Cortexian - 04-07-2014

I checked my personal traffic logs, as well as verified with my ISP (helps to have a business connection), and at the time of the outage my server wasn't being hit by any malicious traffic... Not sure if the rest of you can check/validate that.

RE: Server running but not available - Roman.Scott - 04-07-2014

Whatever it is I am sure that our awesome Disco team will figure out a solution and help get all the servers back up. Until then I'll just stare at the walls X-)

RE: Server running but not available - KellyR - 04-07-2014

I'm seeing in my flhook.log file a lot of entries such as

HkIServerImpl::SPObjUpdate id=6
[07.04.2014 00:43:07] ERROR: Ignoring disconnected client in HkIServerImpl::SPObjUpdate id=6

There will be blocks where there is nothing but this although the id isn't always the same. It's usually proceeded by an entry such as the one below.

[07.04.2014 00:35:07] NOTICE: Possible cheating detected (id=E04EE31C:4239BD37 file check timeout) by Targrev(23-8327594b)(dc05a2fb-bdfb5f09-47c3e377-624c746f) [ ]

It's not always the same character and I have even seen it in players I know are trustworthy. The players it names aren't auto--banned.

Would it be helpful for me to send someone my flhook.log? or any of my logs, come to that?

Kelly

RE: Server running but not available - Cortexian - 04-07-2014

I can provide logs and server hardware/configuration information as well if the Disco team would like a larger pool of data to troubleshoot/debug.

Cheers,
Cortex