Discovery Gaming Community
Hello, I'm New Around Here... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello, I'm New Around Here... (/showthread.php?tid=114278)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hello, I'm New Around Here... - t0l - 04-08-2014

Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already. It will save you a lot of pain later on if you do. This set of "rules" explains some "what-not-to-do" actions that would be best if you did or did not, to minimize the stepping of toes.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. There are many helpful people on this server and in this community and we'd be glad to give you a hand.

A group of tools that are helpful for any freelancer are FLStat, FLCompanion, and Discovery Launchpad. I cannot fetch these links at the moment but a quick google search will yield results.

Sindroms has a variety of tutorial videos in his signature. I highly suggest you to watch some of them as they are rather helpful, even if his conduct doesn't seem "up to par".

Anyways, have fun, and I'll see you in space (when the server comes back online).

RE: Hello, I'm New Around Here... - Gulryz - 04-08-2014

Welcome . I am always happy to see new people . More people more fun Wink

RE: Hello, I'm New Around Here... - sindroms - 04-08-2014

Protip.

If you are in doubt, ask. Just ask. Even if you think you must be right because ''it makes sense to me", just ask anyway just to be sure.

Being proven wrong is better than screwing up and getting your stuff deleted.

RE: Hello, I'm New Around Here... - Skybandit - 04-08-2014

(04-08-2014, 03:50 AM)March Wenli Wrote: Hello, I just recently started playing Freelancer discovery. I've been a long time fan of 4x games, and I instantly fell in love with Discovery. I hope to have a great time with you guys!

Welcome. Read the rules. If you break any the admins will have no mercy. Don't rely on other players following the rules, so understand the rules enough that you report anyone immediately for breaking them or that you can properly defend yourself should you be accused and not haven broken the rule in question. Following the rules makes the game better for everyone and is much less headache than not doing so.

Otherwise game itself is fine and folks can be reasonable.

If you need help in-game and I'm online, just ask and I'd be happy to help.

RE: Hello, I'm New Around Here... - djoser1970 - 04-19-2014

Welcome to our world...a addictive, fun, many fun players and a helpful community, willing to show you the ropes and guide you on a fun adventure. Sindroms videos are very helpful I picked up on the mining videos at first I was doing it all wrong I had the wrong ID, the wrong ship, everything, I was making $140,000 a run now I pull in $25 million a load doing refined gold runs I can do 3 a hour. That's serious $$$ best of luck pilot and enjoy the Discovery