Discovery Gaming Community
So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? (/showthread.php?tid=114291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Reid - 04-08-2014

People talking about lag n stuff when that has nothing to do with the question

The question is which is least useful

That would be scanner nerfs, since there's an easy way to fix that problem

POBs are useful, despite their massive lag, technerf is useful somewhat, nobody likes shipcompat but it's still more useful than scanner nerfs

Gallia is pretty useless tho

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - nOmnomnOm - 04-08-2014

there should be a section for non one the above.
because this is stupid.

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Singularity - 04-08-2014

Scanner Nerfs.. Scanner nerfs .. Scanner nerfs *determined*

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Govedo13 - 04-08-2014

Gallia of course even if does not create so much lag as the PoBs.
All FLhook additional stuff creates lag not the basic game stuff like systems.

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Savas - 04-08-2014

Polls.

Seriously though, what about trimming Gallia down a bit and redistributing the planets/dockables/uselss systems to the houses and border worlds. While I actually kind of like Gallia, the place is way too damn big and does not have enough players to justify the assets assigned to it.

*dons flame-retardant suit*

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - SnakThree - 04-08-2014

(04-08-2014, 08:20 PM)Savas Wrote: Polls.

Seriously though, what about trimming Gallia down a bit and redistributing the planets/dockables/uselss systems to the houses and border worlds. While I actually kind of like Gallia, the place is way too damn big and does not have enough players to justify the assets assigned to it.

*dons flame-retardant suit*

A single corridor to Maine system would suffice.

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Troyan12345 - 04-08-2014

Lowering mining rates because its just so awsome to grind 24/7

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - Thexare - 04-08-2014

(04-08-2014, 08:20 PM)Savas Wrote: Polls.

This, basically. Polls have the same problem Reddit's voting system does: they make it really easy to go along with whatever posts agree with you, without actually forcing you to think and be constructive.

So yeah. Remove polls.

Also remove technerf and make people actually RP for their equipment. As for the old "but but but skypefriends" argument, based on my own experience in the old days, both asking for and giving out equipment, you didn't need to be friends with the guy, you just had to have a reason, not be a tool, and not be overtly going for whatever the apparent best gun in the mod was.

The GMG and IMG in particular were really easy to get things from - even for those who now have them nerfed to 75%.

(actually the IMG are still really easy to get things from and the 75% nerf makes no sense but I digress)

(minor edit: punctuation)

(more major edit: I also like the crying about scanner nerfs)

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - WesternPeregrine - 04-08-2014

- Remove Maine
- Merge Languedoc, Dauphine, Berry and Lyonnais into 2 systems. Redistribute excessive base assets.
- Proceed with the removal or re-purpose of Guard and superfluous systems.

As for the original question, most useless is /pimpmyship in my opinion.
Not sure if I understand what are the scanner nerfs. I assume it's related with the BS scanner and so on, or are there nerfs to the regular scanners?

RE: So! Community of DiscoveryGC, what feature of the server do we need the least? - irritinus - 04-08-2014

remove gallia to fix some lag and we delete at the same time some systems so we get more activity in the other systems