Discovery Gaming Community
Reinstating the .85-.86 Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reinstating the .85-.86 Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport (/showthread.php?tid=114299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Scumbag - 04-11-2014

In what version of the game can i find that model?

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Jayce - 04-11-2014

.83, more than likely. Maybe .84.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Reid - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 05:59 AM)Jayce Wrote: it was replaced because

"muh model quality"

well look at the pile we've got now

But it has like 13K polys, Jinx says that makes it better

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Thexare - 04-11-2014

Confirming it was in 4.84 as well. I know this because I wasn't around for 4.83.

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Jinx - 04-11-2014

liar - jinx said no such thing. - the current gb was made on request by the bhg faction, not on my own account. so do not spread idiocy, reidft - please

edit: well, unless you just intentionally want to insult and/or troll - which sadly is no rare case here anymore. but if you disagre with the .87 model so much, make a petition with the BHG factions leadership, if they request to have it reverted to .84 ( model and stats ) we ll gladly do it.

that also applies to Tal as the OP. - if you disagree with a current model and desperately want an old one back - simply convince the faction leadership to officially ask for it. if you cannot make them agree with you, your case might simply be too weak.

it seems to be a trend here to try to make a public case BEFORE doing the most obvious and logical thing first.

just to clarify - here is how you SHOULD do it:

1) if you have a problem with design or other issues ... contact the representing official faction ( any of them if there are multiple )
2a) if the official factions leadership agrees - the case is passed to them to ask the dev team and/or admin team for change and is then discussed on that level
2b) if the official faction disagrees, you can ask them to make a public poll or thread about the matter to assess the public opinion

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Reid - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 07:23 AM)Jinx Wrote: liar - jinx said no such thing. - the current gb was made on request by the bhg faction, not on my own account. so do not spread idiocy, reidft - please

Well you outright refused to optimize it, that's pretty much the same thing as saying 13K polys makes it better

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Thexare - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 07:23 AM)Jinx Wrote: that also applies to Tal as the OP. - if you disagree with a current model and desperately want an old one back -

Did you actually read the suggestion or no?

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - Jinx - 04-11-2014

any suggestion - even as whatever type should go through the factions leadership before it is brought to public. whats the point of making a public thread if you have not observed if the faction that is responsible for it approves.

the order of things are simple.

first its the dev team - then its the factions - and only last are faceless members. - complaining (especially without taking ANY responsibility for the consequences ) is so easy - and there are only so many members who admitted to having demanded something which turned out to be terrible in the end. - most ppl whine, demand, or claim stuff which simply turns out to be horrible ... at which time they miraculously join the crowd who never asked for it in the first place. - that is why you should always convince the official factions - who then should do the petitioning, cause then we do have someone responsible for the demand.

and @the guy with the custom title "banned" ... no, it is not - sometimes it is simply better to say "yes, i made that crap up to insult" rather than insist on a story - your reasoning does not hold up - but be my guest, petition for a removal - reinstating an old model is the easiest thing to do.

edit: also - of course, theraxe - i always miss the "important" parts of threads - and never read it entirely, don t oyu know? here is a thought, just cause someone chooses not to reply to the entire thread does not mean it was not read. - maaaaybe it was just considered not to be worth replying to then - as you may have read, it was mostly about how you ask for CHANGE - not what change - but change in general.

now that was not too hard, was it?

RE: Reinstating the original Orca model as a Bounty Hunters Guild Transport - SnakThree - 04-11-2014

So who is running the mod, official factions or developers?

(04-11-2014, 08:50 AM)Jinx Wrote: - as you may have read, it was mostly about how you ask for CHANGE - not what change - but change in general.
So you're just getting uppity about a procedure that, as far as I can tell, only you are demanding.

You know, Reid was being kind of a dick earlier, but honestly you invite it acting like this.

Quote:maaaaybe it was just considered not to be worth replying to then

Oh, I know. I take this attitude frequently.