Discovery Gaming Community
A radical idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A radical idea (/showthread.php?tid=115269)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A radical idea - Hone - 05-10-2014

Ye Imo, increase dock module capacity on ships, and allow freighters to dock in fighter slots. Then remove jump drives that let you jump other ships with yours. So allow jump ships to take other ships with them only when they have them docked inside.

RE: A radical idea - Tutashkhia - 05-10-2014

1) Jump trading killed all the interesting things on this server. Just remove that bull---t.

2) Tell me one reason why we should have PoBs. You cannot state any strong argument for that,unless you use it in case of surviving yourself. The only use from PoBs I've seen so far is protecting the "losing-size".They just destroy all the battles.

3) Remove those useless and dead systems,really. Do it. It's like looking for the golden fish in the ocean.

4) This:
Quote:Easy access between IMG and OC's
Easy access between Sairs and OC's

RE: A radical idea - Lucky Luke - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 07:56 PM)Swallow Wrote: So we roll back, you are getting a fresh copy of .85, log in and... See ~50 people online.
Getting all those players back won't happen over night no matter what you do. The reason for suggesting this in the first place is because when someone says to you, early on, that you took the wrong turn, and then more and more people join in telling you that you really did take a wrong turn, then maybe you should turn around and go back. On your way back, you might pick up some of those people who got off because of the wrong turn. You might even pick up a few new ones when they all realize that you're back on track again.

Do you think all that activity that was in Dublin back then happened from one day to another? Ofc not. It's a build up. But if you manage to create these hotspots, then more and more people will join, because it's actually fun to do stuff together.

Like I said in the OP, maybe it's possible to make these changes in the current mod. 4.85 didn't have the same anticheat, so that would be a good argument to why you shouldn't do it. But facts remain. Hotspots are needed no matter how much butthurt they bring. The positive effects outweigh. And POB's take too much time and effort away from the things that most people play FL for.

RE: A radical idea - Cashew - 05-10-2014

It's a valid argument, I started playing in the latter days of 4.85. I have to admit that everything was much better then than it is now. In my opinion there are too many systems for the amount of players we have playing at the moment. One choice is remove Gallia, as much as I hate getting my bottom handed to me every BAF GRN pew, Gallia is a key part of the current versions RP. Reversing to 4.85 won't solve it. I'm sure there are many systems that we don't need. How to do this? Who knows. Anyway that's my opinion.

RE: A radical idea - Divine - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 07:52 PM)Lucky Luke Wrote: ...
  • Easy access between IMG and OC's
  • Easy access between Sairs and OC's
It starts to get annoying to read this all over the forums in various threads over and over again. By the looks of it, you people keep talking without actually have taken a look at the actual game status.
The IMG and the Outcasts have it as easy as they used to. Between T23 and Alpha there's T37 (always been there) and now also O80, where it's a mere 25k to fly between both the jumpholes and it's even a station in there.
On the other side, we got the route from Alpha over Beta, S19, S17, Theta to Gamma, which neither side really has to fly at all as there's stations for the Outcasts and Corsairs in S19 now. So all you need to do is shooting your opponent a message and meet there.
It's not hard really. And it's a better solution as everything we had back in 4.85/4.86.

RE: A radical idea - Gaz83 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 10:14 PM)Divine Wrote:
(05-10-2014, 07:52 PM)Lucky Luke Wrote: ...
  • Easy access between IMG and OC's
  • Easy access between Sairs and OC's
It starts to get annoying to read this all over the forums in various threads over and over again. By the looks of it, you people keep talking without actually have taken a look at the actual game status.
The IMG and the Outcasts have it as easy as they used to. Between T23 and Alpha there's T37 (always been there) and now also O80, where it's a mere 25k to fly between both the jumpholes and it's even a station in there.
On the other side, we got the route from Alpha over Beta, S19, S17, Theta to Gamma, which neither side really has to fly at all as there's stations for the Outcasts and Corsairs in S19 now. So all you need to do is shooting your opponent a message and meet there.
It's not hard really. And it's a better solution as everything we had back in 4.85/4.86.

It's being said all over the forums because it's true.Been to Alpha or Gmma lately? They're dead.

There quite clearly is a problem. Omicrons need rolling back to how they were. It is obvious.

The system aren't empty because of the system layout. The moment you start to understand why, is the moment you can figure out how to change it.

RE: A radical idea - Gaz83 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 10:34 PM)Divine Wrote: The system aren't empty because of the system layout. The moment you start to understand why, is the moment you can figure out how to change it.

Except it is though. We all know it.

Aha. So you want Alpha and Gamma to be full with people sitting there awaiting the next raid? Tell you what, most of those people are out somewhere else looking for something actual enjoyable. If you wish to sit there and wait, then go ahead. Nobody is freaking stopping you from wasting your time by sitting there.

RE: A radical idea - Narcotic - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 10:38 PM)Divine Wrote: Aha. So you want Alpha and Gamma to be full with people sitting there awaiting the next raid? Tell you what, most of those people are out somewhere else looking for something actual enjoyable. If you wish to sit there and wait, then go ahead. Nobody is freaking stopping you from wasting your time by sitting there.

It's more fun to sit and wait with 10 plus people. Like most old veteran Outcast players spend half their online time with.