Discovery Gaming Community
Death - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Death (/showthread.php?tid=117784)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Death - Vredes - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 12:57 PM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 12:18 PM)[FC]Flox Wrote: but the fact that you can still respawn somewhere else makes it really OOORP. I say in order to follow RP it should be that you are not allowed to be online on that Char for 1 hour. Not in the system you died and not anywhere else. That way it could be RP'd that you flew to the base or that someone picked you up.

Also i suppose the cargo pod is way to small to be able to be picked up?

Your char killed- delet it. 1000% inRP.

And seriously, nobody cares about it seriously. Same goes to ID. It' ooRP thin, but majority of ppl are focused on it. Even Bounties are focused on ID, which does not exist inRP.

Also, you say, after death, you sould not be able to fly that char for a 1 hour. Fine, when you have 3 full accounts, but players, who has 2-3 chars? Ppl already doing everything to avoid being killed, no need to creat situation worse. So no offence, but it's silly idea.

-LET ME SEE YOUR IDENTIFICATION PAPERS!!!
-THESE ARE NOT THE DRUIDS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!!

RE: Death - Narcotic - 07-12-2014

Holograms.

RE: Death - Lonely_Ghost - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 01:01 PM)Vredes Wrote: -LET ME SEE YOUR IDENTIFICATION PAPERS!!!
-THESE ARE NOT THE DRUIDS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!!

[Image: latvian-alien-passport.jpg]

So, this is Nomad ID in RL, and my gradfather was Alien.
Need to make seperate: Criminal Passport, Top Secret Agent Passport, Terrorist Passport, Smugglers passport. I imagine situation in airport: Sorry sir, we can't allow you to enter into airplane, your passport saying that you are alien. Gate to Saucer is B 8 please.

RE: Death - Omicron - 07-12-2014

Escape pod most of the times. Logical development from modern-day jet fighters bailing out.

Capships get disabled/critically damaged and towed to place they can be restored to functionality.

RE: Death - Sarawr!? - 07-12-2014

The "Two Hour Rule" is not an inRP thing, it is an OOC rule meant to enforce fairplay and so on, don't mix that with inRP.

When your ship is destroyed, it's mostly up to you how you want to play it off, some of the more commonly played things are.

1. My ship wasn't destroyed, only severely damaged so I had to flee and get emergency repairs.
2. I ejected in an escape pod and was returned to a medical center to make sure that I had no serious injuries.

And heck, if you want to rename your ships everytime they're destroyed, and play it as the character in the ship when it was destroyed actually died, forcing you to create a new character each time you get blown up in game, you can do that too...not a lot of people do that, though.

RE: Death - [FC]Flox - 07-12-2014

I always thought we had clones of us on the stations and planets.
And that the fact that we always had our ships was because it was towed in and repaired. Seems i was wrong. But i do believe we should not be able to log into that char for 30 min or an hour so it can be more RP'd. It always bothered me when i kill someone in New York and then i see them in California and try to re engage. It just doesn't make sense.

RE: Death - n00bl3t - 07-13-2014

(07-12-2014, 12:55 PM)Vredes Wrote: That sounded like EVE but it was unintentional.

Not sure if clever sarcasm or not.

Sarawr's post explaining it was pretty on the money.

RE: Death - Veygaar - 07-13-2014

But let's be real... as far as Role Play goes... Discovery just barely scratches the surface.

It's more of a shooter game with a bit of RP butter scraped onto it.

RE: Death - Laura C. - 07-13-2014

(07-13-2014, 06:29 AM)Veygaar Wrote: But let's be real... as far as Role Play goes... Discovery just barely scratches the surface.

It's more of a shooter game with a bit of RP butter scraped onto it.

Depends on how you look on it. You can also take it as Disco offer possibilites. You want to RP it on hardcore mode with closed economy and deleting chars after they are killed? You can.

But also, if you don´t want to lose 200 million credits value ship and character you like and build for weeks only because someone wanted blue message and killed you with lame excuse, it´s not a problem, just click on respawn button.

RE: Death - Venture - 07-15-2014

How about this: You have made an insurance of your ship inRP, so once you die, and after getting your escape pod collected in two-four hours, you simply call up the insurance and get a brand new ship, simple as that? Instead of deleting your ship you could simply say it was under insurance.