Discovery Gaming Community
How's disco these days? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How's disco these days? (/showthread.php?tid=118083)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How's disco these days? - Lythrilux - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:07 PM)Daniel.Blake Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 05:55 PM)Korny Wrote: It's kinda dead tbh.

DEAD??
Sorry but you are very very WRONG.
Should have seen the Rogues vs LN,JM in texas yesterday Smile
maybe I will PM you some pics of that Devastating and Awsome Brawl Wink

It was alright I suppose.

RE: How's disco these days? - n00bl3t - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:11 PM)Korny Wrote:

DEAD??

That was one of those moments that shine through. Those used to happene every day way back, so yeah, nothing to get excited about. The server peaks out at 80 players in the evening. That's dead for me.

There was a time when you couldn't log on and had to wait to play.

Probably a combination of age and RP enforcements changed this.

RE: How's disco these days? - nOmnomnOm - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:14 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:

DEAD??

It was alright I suppose.

I kinda saw what you wrote before...

and ummm..

if you have those types of accusations... get some evidence before claiming ooRP hate.

k thx.

RE: How's disco these days? - Tenacity - 07-19-2014

Funny thing is that the more they tried to enforce strict RP behavior on the server, the worse it got. Right about the same time all those rule changes and auto-repping went into the mod, the RUS's showed up and started taking over the player base, forcing out oldtimers like myself. Once you're out of disco, it isnt easy to return.

RE: How's disco these days? - Lonely_Ghost - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:26 PM)Tenacity Wrote: Once you're out of disco, it isnt easy to return.

And seems, holding yourself away from doing even harder. There is no withdraw from a Discovery.

RE: How's disco these days? - Zayne Carrick - 07-19-2014

Quote:How's disco these days
Quite good. Even surprisingly good, I'd say.

RE: How's disco these days? - sindroms - 07-19-2014

As you can see, it is still easy to start a flamewar 8|

RE: How's disco these days? - Lonely_Ghost - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 10:12 PM)sindroms Wrote: As you can see, it is still easy to start a flamewar 8|

Yeah, the easiest thing, what you can do on Discovery.

RE: How's disco these days? - Ashani - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 05:57 PM)Tenacity Wrote: Was kinda dead when I left, too. What's keeping this beast out of the ground still? RUS?

People who have no lives, mostly. Same as before.

(07-19-2014, 05:57 PM)Tenacity Wrote: Bet the developers are kicking themselves for overcomplicating everything. Was so much better around here when you didnt have to worry about getting sanctioned just for logging in.

The rules were made simpler than they were before. The rephacking and techcompat stuff actually helpd with that, specifically it helped that now the natural way anyone would want to play the mod after playing the SP (getting the best gear from all over the faction regardless of affiliation) wont get you viable for a sanction. They'Re still stubbornly refusing to fix other stuff that they know would gretly improve the mod because of who had the right idea first tho.

The real reason the pop is kinda dead is because they built so much paranoid banning tools into the mod that most antivirus programs have put the discovery mod on their blacklist for being spyware (which is actually is now). Like 90% of new people who install for the first time are still gonna install after they got virus warnings.

Also they'Re still officially betatesting for like over a year now, with restarts in every single faction, which kind of takes the exploring part out of hte mod. That and they're not advertizing it until they fixed the obvious flaws in the mod, like system layout and stuff.

I mean... how can you expect the population not to go down when every new person who installs the mod gets virus and spyware warnings. Too bad its more important for a few of the offiical and unofficial discocheifs to unsuccessfully keep a few peopel they hate out (which is impossible anyway unless they remove the internet from the world).

RE: How's disco these days? - Thyrzul - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 11:29 PM)Ashani Wrote: Also they'Re still officially betatesting for like over a year now, with restarts in every single faction

[Image: Lol_wut.jpg]