Discovery Gaming Community
Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle (/showthread.php?tid=120132)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - TLI-Inferno - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 02:17 PM)Mímir Wrote: Dunno, oorp grudges is what keeps this place alive it seems sometimes.

Maybe if you re-define what a "lolwut" is and perhaps look inwards, you can find a solution? I mean you said yourself that you haven't been able to roleplay with people except for two occasions. Are you sure it's the other 100 people logging that is the problem, really?

OORP grudges give short-term life to the people carrying out the grudges, but in the long run they kill the activity of the server when people get fed up with the BS.

Yes, it is. If people here would give people they meet an opportunity to roleplay, maybe they'd see a bit more roleplay, but they're too busy pasting messages as soon as they enter scanner range so they can open fire as soon as they're within firing range. Then they go on the forums and complain about how the people they're killing on sight "aren't stopping to roleplay with them".

(09-04-2014, 02:17 PM)Mímir Wrote: If it's about Congress, it's been a long time coming. You have been pushing the envelope and for the past 1-2 years people have tried to helpfully point out a few of the issues with the faction, but nothing is taken to heart. It's still superhaulers, katanas, cruisers, battleships, pob's jumping barges etc. - there's been some extreme (and sly!) power-play going on, and rather than take in any of the friendly suggestions and warnings you've just carried on. Karma is a female doge, I guess.

Helpfully point out issues with the faction? Yeah, right, you've been poking like lolwuts trying to get us as nerfed as possible, with your logic being that "Junkers don't have any enemies". Right, we have no enemies? Sure thing, that's why my average life expectancy on congress tagged ships is about 20 minutes. You can't talk about how we don't have any enemies, and how we don't need any combat tech, when we're being shot on sight by pretty much every faction in the game, including factions which, according to the server and faction rules, aren't even allowed to claim the bounty (but do so anyway).

Katana? What the hell are you even talking about?

Superhaulers? Most of use use salvagers (3.3k) and Wreckers (1.1k). We aren't even ALLOWED to use superhaulers like 5k trains, etc.

Cruisers? We don't even have any. We SRP'd one recently, and I haven't seen it used yet.

Battleships? We only have one, it's SRP'd. We take it out for events, but I don't see it very often. I've never even seen it fire a shot in the dozen times I've seen it in the last 2 years.

If you really want to complain about a couple of SRP'd caps which we rarely use, maybe you should take a look at the thousands of capitals we've come into contact with.

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Lythrilux - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 02:21 PM)Ponge Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 02:12 PM)TheSauron Wrote: And yes, I'Ane IS our tech.

If by "ours" you mean Unione Corse tech, it is really interesting that no UC base sells the l'Ane. It is available only on Brigand and Maquis bases.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but BHG can only fulfill lawful bounties by their ID allowances. So UC sholuld not have even let BHG to sign up for that bounty, as UC are quasi-lawful, so BHG cannot fulfill their bounties.
I don't think there's actually any clarification on that matter. But personally I've always thought it's been ok for BHG IDs to take up Quasi Lawful contracts.

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Jo Carpenter - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 02:27 PM)TLI-Inferno Wrote: Helpfully point out issues with the faction? Yeah, right, you've been poking like lolwuts trying to get us as nerfed as possible, with your logic being that "Junkers don't have any enemies". Right, we have no enemies? Sure thing, that's why my average life expectancy on congress tagged ships is about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure, but given that I'm in a faction that has quite a few enemies that would see us dead the moment they lay eyes on us, I have yet to run into any of my enemies that insta-engaged me with exception to untagged indie newbies. You must be doing something terribly wrong if your average life expectancy is "20" minutes. Even I'm able to fly a well known Pirate Gunboat through hostile space with actual players in it and manage a good long flight without incident before I either 1: am somehow found, or 2: decided I want some action. My advice, take a long hard look at how you go about traveling through the different systems and adjust so that you get more than just 20 minutes flight time.

Safe flying.

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Mímir - 09-04-2014

Sometimes you can't dictate roleplay - you'll be faced with a person who has motives and goals that totally conflict with your own. That's is not better or worse roleplay, and neither more nor less roleplay. But really now, you can't be faced with mercs all the time, there must be other encounters that provide ample opportunity to chat if that is what you want.

Where does this "us" and "them" come from? I like Junkers, one of my absolute favorite faction. I liked that congress pushed hard to get the Collector in the mod (and was equally saddened to see Congress Katanas afterwards). I think that "oooh the whole world is against us" mentally is detrimental and counter-productive. If people offer you advice or feedback, respond to it with an open and mature mind rather than go "oh that's just because they hate us of course" - it's a giant cop-out and totally rules out the possibility of meaningful conversation.

You do have Katanas, an Arbiter, a Hel if I recall correctly, a l'Ane, one or more Barges - all of these are ships that offer a PVP or trade advantage, they are powerful ships that are at the top of their respective classes and along with various activities and choices of Congress, they shape a certain image. All I am saying is that maybe it would be an idea to take notice of that and perhaps try to pull in a different direction? You run the risk of closing yourself off to everyone else, much like Zoner factions have a habit of, rendering yourself totally immune to inputs from the rest of the community, and that's not healthy for a faction, even if the "trap" is so easy to fall into. There are two sides to every coin, there's an internal logic to Junkers (and Zoners for that matter) and an external logic, and each are equally valid. The challenge is to balance the two.

Or hire mercs if you are really under that much pressure.

EDIT: Also isn't it somewhat revealing that the other junker faction don't really have a problem of jokingly referring to Junkers as "House Zoners" when you respond as if someone is trying to steal your cookies when it's mentioned?

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - nOmnomnOm - 09-04-2014

Also... this is flood....

[Image: Nyan-Nayan-Wine-for-cats-Steve-Dale-Anim...24x439.jpg]

Just thought i'd lighten the mood.

[Image: Ultimate+Spiderman+Thread+.+I+want+photo...301406.jpg]

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Sabru - 09-04-2014

this does seem to be a bit of "QQ congress is getting targeted by people who are against them."

but thats just my opinion.

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Connor - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 02:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [Image: Ultimate+Spiderman+Thread+.+I+want+photo...301406.jpg]

No ))

RE: Too Many OORP Grudge Moves to Handle - Venture - 09-04-2014

Lyth just hijacked the thread.

(09-04-2014, 03:02 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 02:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [Image: Ultimate+Spiderman+Thread+.+I+want+photo...301406.jpg]

No ))
[Image: enhanced-buzz-9393-1310339339-16.jpg]