Discovery Gaming Community
[KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=121581)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Corile - 10-16-2014

I can't help but notice that every single sentence you write ends with an exclamation mark. Normally that wouldn't really be a big deal but when I see goals written like

Quote:1. Deal with smugglers and pirates!
2. Kill all threats within the Republic!
3. Protect Civilians
4. Assist the Naval Forces!
5. Make sure that those who got away will get their punishment!
6. Enforce the Kusari Legal Codex!

I immediately associate that with an anime cute-face girl that screams "Yaaay! We're gonna enforce the law today!"

Also grammar and spelling errors all over the board but that has already been pointed out and I have already been called an ass because of nibbling about grammar. I suppose you could say that Kusarians don't speak perfect English but that doesn't make me feel any more serious about Kusari.

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Derkylos - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 06:20 PM)Kusari Police Wrote: @Snak3: Isn't is allowed to have a woman as leader? we're not the middle ages anymore!

Kusari kinda is...although one might argue that the GC's posturing is mostly propaganda...

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Shizune - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 07:42 AM)Snak3 Wrote: KSP leader being a woman makes GC faction a bit obsolete, don't you think?

There was also another KSP faction who had a female for a leader so...It was Sarah's; just can't remember the name of it :\

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Mao - 10-18-2014

Kusari's traditional ways of rule suggest that the women can't and shouldn't be let to rule over men. The fact that some other faction did it a while back doesn't mean they were correct when doing it. As of late I've seen a bit too many MMORPGs (Many Men Online Role Playing Girls) in lawful and corporate Kusari and that somehow puts a big question mark on Kusari's lore. Golden Chrysanthemums' have had their "propaganda" useless so we might as well change their description and ID to the one of a simple pirate within Kusari (like Brigands in Gallia or Rogues in Liberty). As it is now, with many women in leadership positions, the GCs can no longer fill the shoes of a terrorist faction.

The Naval Forces, State Police, Samura, Hogosha, Farmer Alliance and even Blood Dragons are entities that are bound to respect and protect the traditional ways of Kusari culture. How exactly is KP respecting that when they have a woman leading them?

Long story short, SnakThree is right. KP shouldn't be lead by a woman, unless they have an explanation for it.

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - WesternPeregrine - 10-18-2014

A friendly reminder to all KP officers that this rule is in effect at all times:

Quote:2.1 System and local chats are to be kept in roleplay and in English at all times. Any OOC (Out of character) chat should be marked with " // " and only used when absolutely necessary. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

Please be careful when you approach a situation.

Also, seems most officers on the field have unusual names, or at least they don't conform to a usual Kusari cannon (japanese names, some allowance for korean/chinese names). What is your stance on this?

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Fluffyball - 10-18-2014

In fact she may be right on this one. Keep that in mind that Kusari have become the Republic, BUT on the other hand, it would take not year, but decades to change 800-years old scheme, where Kusari woman always had the second place. Of course, it could be treated as experiment of the Republic government, which goal is to eridicate all tradition, as seeing it obsolete - maybe the reason why KNF is now bros with Kishiro, because they are more pro-modernist than Samura (however bad, but bad guys) who are pro-traditionalists.

This somehow mirrors the feudal times of Japan, where even sex with woman was rated less "clean" than sex with same-sex person - if someone is familiar with priest known as Kukai. HOWEVER, there are very notable examples that women were very dominant in pro-male societies in China and Japan (e.g. Empress Wu Zetian or not so small influence of the Kunoichi (female shinobi/ninja) groups).

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Kusari Police - 10-18-2014

i've changed the woman thing because you're nagging about it way to much (my opinion) and for the naming it should need to be japanese names. I'll check my pilots if there are others

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - SnakThree - 10-18-2014

I see you spammed a lot of communication threads to base owners. There's whole forum dedicated to them where you can request it.

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Kusari Police - 10-18-2014

oh yes, sorry i forgot that forum. didn't tought about it thanks for the reminder!

RE: [KP] Kusari Police FEEDBACK THREAD - Enkidu - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 03:03 PM)Kusari Police Wrote: i've changed the woman thing because you're nagging about it way to much (my opinion) and for the naming it should need to be japanese names. I'll check my pilots if there are others

Thanks for doing that, but remember Disco is a place where 19th century social codes are the only social codes.

The culture of the Freelancer universe is a place where society has become extremely retrograde; Gallia mirrors a version of the Ancien Regimé where the revolutionaries failed to win, Bretonia and nineteen fifties/early sixties Briton have close parallels, Rheinland is a mixture of late early 20th century/late 19th century periods, and Kusari acts like the Boshin war is in full swing. Liberty, as always, is stuck between 1940's 'Murica and 1969 through 1970's 'Murica.

Hispania is just fundamentally racist to everyone concerned and the less you think about Chris Robert's depiction of it, the better. This is a place of ardent stereotypes, and these need to have heed payed to them sometimes.