Discovery Gaming Community
Allow multiboxing again. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow multiboxing again. (/showthread.php?tid=123823)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Omicron - 12-19-2014

...No.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - evanz - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 11:29 AM)sindroms Wrote: And at the same time, multiboxing traders are a MUCH easier target and losing 5 ships of cargo WILL hurt, if they don't pay. And they usually do not.

it wont hurt, itll only hurt their bats and bots restocking, because all theyll do is wait for the pirate/s to log off and then mine again, as there isnt a field nerf.

i vote no anyway

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Fluffyball - 12-19-2014

(12-19-2014, 11:29 AM)sindroms Wrote: And at the same time, multiboxing traders are a MUCH easier target and losing 5 ships of cargo WILL hurt, if they don't pay. And they usually do not.
Not if you will use those 5 ships in the least activity (around 19 players) time of the servers. I see your point and I understand it, but you should understand lolwhut players will overuse it so hard it will end up illegal again.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - sindroms - 12-19-2014

Lolwhut players will overuse anything. That makes them lolwhuts. Shooting down an idea just because of a minority, especially one which can be dealt with via rule-related consequences as long as you dedicate 5 minutes to report them, is nonsensical.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Leppy - 12-19-2014

The real issue with the multiboxing trading issue wouldn't come from ore transports. As sindroms said for those, filling N number of ore transports and then losing them mid-flight to a station would be a rather decent loss of time.

However if we look at normal trading instead, the economy could be easily flipped on its head if those same N traders take a low/mid tier trade item and run the shorter routes that those usually have (eg: buying item x from Planet Houston for 300 credits and selling it at Planet Los Angeles for 600 credits).********* Being killed mid-flight wouldn't really be that much of a setback because its only a loss of 300 credits/unit. At the same time, someone could be making the equivalent amount of cash that would normally require flying through 2 houses to get from buy point to sell point where the items bought are worth more apiece if they are lost.

********* Completely made up route but its an example of the intra-house routes available for cheaper items

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - nOmnomnOm - 12-19-2014

Multiboxing and forever alone...

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Alestone - 12-19-2014

On the other hand, you would have to extend the amount of time that a player has to respond unless you are willing to throw any RP out the window on this. The only way that you could expect that to work otherwise would be to have some sort of Commodore/Admiral do all the talking which wears rather thin when you aren't a military organization.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Highland Laddie - 12-19-2014

More multi-boxing would probably just lead to more F1ing by turd players. I'd say no.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Vendetta - 12-19-2014

No. Multiboxing is bad. -

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - daveystella - 12-19-2014

Would it be possible to put a time limit on it - say 2 mins? That way, it would allow equipment and cargo transfers, but not multi trading.