Discovery Gaming Community
New player - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: New player (/showthread.php?tid=124155)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New player - nOmnomnOm - 12-31-2014

if you want to get a bit better in terms of pvp and stuff like that i recommend trying out piracy.
it can also help in rp creativity if you do it correctly

for example try different approaches to demanding fines. make up different things that would be creative and not just "stop" "give me money or die"

RE: New player - t0l - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 01:30 PM)Forze Wrote: Hi Thanks for the replies guys Smile
Tal i had already tried installed FLstat but it only showed vanilla planets/data? so i removed it thinking i couldn't use it with discovery,
can you advise on how i can get this to work with discovery fully please?
Thanks for the link Protégé, how did you improve/increase your resolution & ui, is there a graphics mod/update etc?

You have to change the directory of the FLStat to your Discovery install instead of your vanilla one.

RE: New player - Swifty - 12-31-2014

Try watching Spazzy's (Sindroms) vids if you happen to have problems. You will find everything you need.

Welcome to Disco. Enjoy your staying.

PS. There's no exit. 8)

RE: New player - Dimon - 12-31-2014

If you wanna fight better on fighters I'd recommend you to watch Yber's videos&guides.
Welcome and Happy New Year! Big Grin

RE: New player - Alexander - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 04:59 PM)Carter Wrote: Welcome to Disco. Enjoy your staying.

PS. There's no exit. 8)
Thats so true...

RE: New player - pillow - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 05:21 PM)mordor Wrote:

PS. There's no exit. 8)
Thats so true...

If that were true we'd still have 200+ players. 8|

RE: New player - Alexander - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 08:57 PM)Freedom Phantom Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 05:21 PM)mordor Wrote:

PS. There's no exit. 8)
Thats so true...

If that were true we'd still have 200+ players. 8|
We had like 14k some weeks ago...

RE: New player - Forze - 01-12-2015

Thanks guys Smile
Can anyone recommend a good pvp loadout, or is there any info regarding preferred ships/weaps/equip for pvp please?
All of the content is new to me & im enjoying learning as ive only ever played vanilla, but with the added ID / faction
im presuming you cant just buy from anywhere & everywhere? for example i have an alt with a nyx & im looking for weaps
but a lot of places i cant dock & most the ones i can only sell crap weaps or non compatible ones.
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but im still finding my way bit by bit, & enjoying it Smile

RE: New player - Mímir - 01-12-2015

Here's a good loadout for a starter ship (all the gear is civilian, and a lot of ID's can use the Sabre as it it is Borderworlds technology):

Sabre VHF
2 Debilitators @ 750 m/s (anti-shield guns)
5 Flashpoints (anti-hull guns)
Nuclear Mines
Mosquito CD
Enhanced Thruster
Class 10 Shield (preferably the one that works best against Lasers)
Armor Upgrade VIII
Advanced Deep Scanner

The high refire and velocity of the Flashpoints makes aiming and hitting easier, and they don't drain a whole lot of energy either. You can use weapon groups to save energy (one group with all guns for breaking down fighter shields, one group with just the hull busters). You can type /conn when you are docked at a base to be sent to a PVP practice system, and /return when you are docked to return.

You can only use weapons/ships/ID's that are matched with one another, there is a tech chart here:

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

RE: New player - Forze - 01-13-2015

(01-12-2015, 12:29 AM)Mímir Wrote: Here's a good loadout for a starter ship (all the gear is civilian, and a lot of ID's can use the Sabre as it it is Borderworlds technology):

Sabre VHF
2 Debilitators @ 750 m/s (anti-shield guns)
5 Flashpoints (anti-hull guns)
Nuclear Mines
Mosquito CD
Enhanced Thruster
Class 10 Shield (preferably the one that works best against Lasers)
Armor Upgrade VIII
Advanced Deep Scanner

The high refire and velocity of the Flashpoints makes aiming and hitting easier, and they don't drain a whole lot of energy either. You can use weapon groups to save energy (one group with all guns for breaking down fighter shields, one group with just the hull busters). You can type /conn when you are docked at a base to be sent to a PVP practice system, and /return when you are docked to return.

You can only use weapons/ships/ID's that are matched with one another, there is a tech chart here:

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

Thanks m8 i always grp weaps & im familiar with the game concepts, it's just the content is now different Smile
Thanks for the info