Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Lythrilux - 01-10-2015

Finally, I'm glad to see this. Hopefully house pirates will become more common now.

Though I do kind of wonder if a heavily balanced and limited generic terrorist ID could be a good thing.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Karst - 01-10-2015

Seems like a reasonable change, and I'm saying this as a big fan of the generic pirate ID.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fluffyball - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 12:55 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Finally, I'm glad to see this. Hopefully house pirates will become more common now.

Though I do kind of wonder if a heavily balanced and limited generic terrorist ID could be a good thing.

I agree on this one. However, to keep people from using Terrorist ID too much, I'd limit them to the generic stuff only (10% to all non-generic stuff, except perhaps for the Rogue/Molly line), rephack all lawful factions to the hostile and rephack all unlawful (with exception of the terrorists, such as Dragons, Xenos) to the neutral-unfriendly and giving them line to attack all ships except transports.

In fact only Zoners could be friendly with them (or rather, can buy stuff on Freeports), Xenos more likely as well, but Corsairs wouldn't like them much. I'm thinking that Coalition also would have use of generic terrorists.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2015

Pirate ID is now just as useful as a Miner ID.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Binski - 01-10-2015

I also feel sad about this, it feels like bias against the pirate ID. With the rephack and house space laws, pirates are basically attacked on sight by police and military (not to mention how lawful NPC's/bases treat them), and that puts anyone choosing to fly as an independent pirate at a great disadvantage. The police and military players will still not hesitate to go after pirate players, so if/when pirates try to turn the tables, even slightly, and still follow the rules by making a demand, they are now punished and even more disadvantaged.

Also I think its a cheap way to solve the problem. Why not place limits on demands instead? So that a demand can follow the level a player is at, and prevent outrageously high demands to guarantee combat. I also see players simply ditching the pirate ID and using another while house space, any house rebel organization, and Junkers outside house space, to be able to continue doing the exact same thing. So if the same thing is going wind up happening under a different flag/ID, why not just leave it be and let the players determine who's doing what. These indy pirate will just become indy Rogues, Unioners, Outcasts or Corsairs, etc. I understand wanting to curb pvp abuse but this is just going to shift it to another ID and limit inrp options for independent unlawfuls. One less good things about an ID that has very little anymore to encourage use.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Lythrilux - 01-10-2015

Actually the more I think about it the less likely I believe a generic terrorist ID could be added. It'd just be too easy to abuse.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Plan-B - 01-10-2015

- just make sure that terrorists are maked red to those they may attack (nearly all) i think zoners wont like them, too due they respect life
- set the reps to pirates negative - but Maximum White to their opponents (all house and lawful factions)
- make sure that playergroups using a Independent or "lawful" id are marked negative or at max white to their opponents due to their id

- just make sure that you dont see a "green" pirate, Terrorist, etc.

- exclude terrorists from attacking freighters

and you did a big step online

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Remnant - 01-10-2015

The Pirate ID was changed so it could not be used as a Terrorist ID in the first place. We won't be implementing a raw terrorist ID in the near future.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2015

Correction, the pirate ID was changed so that it would not be used and would make the player rather logically choose a different pirate house ID.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Fluffyball - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 01:30 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Correction, the pirate ID was changed so that it would not be used and would make the player rather logically choose a different pirate house ID.

The problem is that any other non-generic ID cannot work with SpecOps ID the Argo has. Both ships are Freelancer IFF-ed, so you can understand why non-generic ID does not work in this case. Lines just forbids cooperation between such players.