Discovery Gaming Community
To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' (/showthread.php?tid=124604)

Pages: 1 2

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - evanz - 01-13-2015

Mr Davis here , I have just read a very disturbing communique from yourselves, and am shocked at the already threat level that you have placed upon Poena.

My question to your good selves is, why? Why has it taken so long after my open communication to everyone, that only now, you have placed a fine?

By placing this “fine and registration”, you are saying that Kepler is in your derestriction, then why is it that we have hardly seen ANY patrols of ANY liberty forces in Kepler, whilst lane hackers are running riot, up and down all through Colorado and Kepler, and that how you can consider that you have the right to say that Poena is in the wrong.

It should be that your forces be defending Poena from hostiles should it not?, and in constant communications warning us from threats, but upon checking my data logs, I have had NOT one, NOT one at all, but you still wish to fine us and make us pay future “registration fees”

For what? Protection?

I must apologise good sirs, but unless Poena actually sees regular patrols of liberty forces to protect and serve, as after all that is exactly what you say you promote, then there will not be any payment

Liberty does mean freedom, does it not?

Then please explain, why and how a registration/continual payment would guarantee us.

And now hold on a few seconds, I just got word that you’ve reduced the time permitting to settle this to 5 hours?

What are you people about? Freedom? Liberty? You accuse Poena as illegal, in what way?

It seem like suppression to me

Your methods and threats just don’t match up to what you stand for, who is your “free and understanding” way of life meant for, please do explain.

Poena is not a hostile base, how you can see, that, is just unbelievable, its been open for nearly 2 years

So your are saying we should pay for an un-patrolled system, which you say is in your area of patrolled systems, by the way you don’t actually do, and then you threaten and or fine us for existing, how is that right?

I am willing to pay the initial fine, as it stands of 50 million, I don’t agree with it , that is obvious and many others would say the same, if they could see what has transpired here, corruption at the highest, I never thought I would see that…from liberty, from a nation who call themselves freedom and prosperity for all.

i shall be out of office until 19:00

Mr Davis

Poena Manager

//note to admins, i cant include any images, the image icon does not work, i click ok and nothing happens?!

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-13-2015

Mr. Davis,

Thank you for contacting us directly. I am glad to hear from you in person, as it is much easier to have a civil discussion without the imposition of a legal team questioning the legitimacy of one's members and demanding court action.

As I mentioned to Ms. Carlisle, since you chose to direct us to the open communication that had been transmitted so long ago, we did indeed find old records and statements from others from when they were first posted to the net for an advertised haven for "smugglers". Given the resources devoted to securing our borders with Rheinland and supporting Bretonia against the Gallic threat, no patrols were sent to investigate possible illegal activity. Since the current records no longer match, and it may be an error on someone's part, I am giving you an opportunity to stop pursuing that line of argument further so we can both forget about it. Otherwise, I would appreciate an explanation as to why Poena has endorsed smuggling for so long, and what this involved.

The Republic of Liberty has an obligation to its people in matters of national security, including ensuring stations are not being constructed on our borders that may harbor smugglers, pirates, or terrorists. Liberty does stand for freedom, but not freedom from personal responsibility and accountability. We have not wavered from our stance that it is the responsibility of base owners to notify the authorities, rather than waiting for a patrol to find them. Perhaps you felt it was easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, but quite frankly, you have done neither.

Please forward all current and future payments to Ferris.Dufresne, with proof.

If you wish to request increased patrols around your station, please contact the Navy or LPI.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - evanz - 01-13-2015

1st of all I apologise I cannot give you any visual correspondence as our networks are a bit glitchy at the moment, but let’s carry on:-
Well as you know, paperwork can be a mess, and to be honest I'm not the best at doing, Ms Carlisle is one of the best I’ve employed, she has a very good knowledge of business going ons, which unfortunately I don’t have, hence the employment of Ms Carlisle.

As you must understand the confusion originally was the zone of influence of Liberty forces, as far as we understood, didn’t reach Kepler hence how that now, after all this time of Poena’s existence that we are being suddenly fined and to pay an “existence” fee

We assumed that you knew about Poena, and that it wasn’t needed, as there had been no communication between us, so as far as I was concerned, wasn’t needed, and then suddenly pay a fine and a further registration fee, which as you must agree was a shocker to have received.

So let clear things up, if Kepler is in your ZOI, then fair enough a registration fee of what was it, $21 million I would agree to, but I must ask you to waive the fine because, as you said your forces are on the borders defending Liberty space, that’s fair enough, but isn’t really a fault on Poena is it as I stated in the above.
Poena is not a smuggler base but a freelancer base that allows various goods and commodities to be traded that benefit everyone including Liberty. Including, sometimes, materials that get brought in from Gallia that Liberty can make use of. I have heard from docking traders that have bought furs from Poena were greatly received by very high up dignitaries on Manhattan. If you wish that to cease, please let me know

I hope this clears everything up and, I await your understanding reply.

Mr Davies

Poena Manager

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-14-2015

Mr. Davis,

I apologize, but your misunderstanding of our laws, failure to perform due diligence, assumptions about our affairs, and refusal to take responsibility do not absolve you of the fees and fines you owe. If you did not want to receive a series of back fees owed and fines for operating an unregistered base, you could have notified us at any time over the past months with an explanation and an appeal. While we recognize the extensive contributions IND has made in Liberty, this is a legal matter that could have been settled as promptly as your predecessors had done in the past.

As for your claims of goods trafficked, customs officials can be assigned to investigate your operations more closely to verify this. However, we have not noticed a shortage of high-quality furs entering Liberty space by licensed and contracted traders operating in broad daylight.

Mr. Davis, you are bereft of bargaining chips and have exhausted what little goodwill or benefit of the doubt you may have had. In comparison, your neighbors at Blackport 66 have been extremely cooperative. I suggest you follow their example and pay the full fines and fees to Ferris.Dufresne within the next 14 hours we have given you.

I am not a man of violence, but I can make no assurances as to the measures Liberty's forces will deem fit in protecting our national security against threats on our borders.

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - evanz - 01-14-2015

Very well,

in the interests of safety, and the hope of more Liberty patrols in Kepler, i shall forward the payment

[Image: f45g6d2.jpg]

Mr Davis

Poena Manager

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-16-2015

Mr. Davis,

Thank you for the prompt payment. Please remember that monthly fees will be due at the beginning of next month, and that you should notify us of any core upgrades to your facility. Please also confirm that you have allowed access to all Primary Forces of Liberty and that any existing defense platforms will not pose a threat to law-abiding Libertonians.

As for the matter of patrols, please refer to the following excerpt from the Laws of Liberty:
(05-19-2008, 10:26 PM)The Republic Of Liberty Wrote: This policy only pertains to the lease of space by you from the Republic of Liberty. The patrol paths in use by the Forces of Liberty will not be changed to incorporate your base, so choose your location carefully. For example, it may be unwise to construct a base in the Badlands in New York.

However, should you feel you are still entitled to additional patrols, even after this notice, and would like to request them, please contact the relevant Forces of Liberty.