Discovery Gaming Community
Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Researcher ID - It's coming back! (/showthread.php?tid=124743)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Tunicle - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 02:31 AM)Pancakes Wrote: Make the ID occupy cargo space on transports? :S

It too large it would not enable the use of smaller ships and if small enough to allow smaller ships it would not deter the 5 k powertrade potential.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - t0l - 01-16-2015

So let's say I do some researcher roleplay and obtain one of these IDs. Suddenly, I have a change of heart and just discreetly start powertrading in my 5k, not getting caught.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Arioch - 01-16-2015

1) You will get caught, don't worry about that.

2) Don't have a change of heart, and don't break the rules. Easy. You want to trade? Join Zoners. Or Junkers. Or IMG. Or IND. Or any other trading faction.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Karst - 01-16-2015

If it's supposed to not be used for trading, why not simply give it the same cargo limits as a freelancer ID?
Why would a researcher use a 5ker anyway? Those aren't very research-ey ships.

Basically the benefits are being able to dock a Corvo in house space and flying a 5ker as a quasi-freelancer - which you don't want anyway?
And that at the price of reduced rights compared to a normal freelancer.

I really don't understand the point of this. Can't imagine why anyone would go through the trouble of SRP'ing such a thing.

Edit: Essentially everything mentioned here could already be SRP'd as a Spec Ops ID. What's the point of having a different, worse ID that still requires an SRP process?

Side note: "ZOI everywhere"....lolwut? ZOI to do what?

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - KaiserDietz - 01-16-2015

Will the corvo still be affected by house laws as a foreign capital vessel?

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Deeceem - 01-16-2015

I'm a bit skeptical. How many barges were SRP'd for "rp reasons" and ended up being just used as power trading tool without adding anything to the roleplay enviroment?

As Winter-kun said, if it is supposed to be a true roleplay ID I don't see why there shouldn't be at least some restrictions to the trading aspect of it.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Garrett Jax - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 03:04 AM)KaiserDietz Wrote: Will the corvo still be affected by house laws as a foreign capital vessel?

There won't be any ID restrictions preventing it from doing so. If House governments want to play hardball and not allow RP'd Researchers flying Corvos from entering house space, that is their choice.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Jayce - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 03:11 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 03:04 AM)KaiserDietz Wrote: Will the corvo still be affected by house laws as a foreign capital vessel?

There won't be any ID restrictions preventing it from doing so. If House governments want to play hardball and not allow RP'd Researchers flying Corvos from entering house space, that is their choice.

I'd be alright with RP'd Corvos in Liberty.

I will play hardball and ban scanning modules from all non-Military ships. There's enough scrubs using Jumpdrives for OC caps in Liberty. I don't want more.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - HassLHoFF™ - 01-16-2015

Would also say, better restrict it to 3.6k Transports, with excluding Liners overall and maybe allow some more vessels that suits the purpose for a researcher or a researcher crew.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Alestone - 01-16-2015

So, I guess my question would be, what constitutes "Research"?

I understand RP and things like the recent jumpdrive tests, but, effectively, those already exist in the game even if the specific faction is only just coming on board with them.

I am not trying to stir things up here, but I am not comprehending where this ID is supposed to go.