Discovery Gaming Community
BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID (/showthread.php?tid=125229)

Pages: 1 2

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Lythrilux - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 04:21 PM)Mímir Wrote: Maybe the Freelancer ID just need a nerf?

Am I the only one that thinks random seemingly neutral Freelancers on the scene suddenly turning hostile is more of a problem than Pirates and Bounty Hunters ever were? At least you've always known up front where you've got them.
I agree, Freelancer ID is far too open and could use a slight nerf.

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - t0l - 01-26-2015

once BHG gets good ships back itll be worth it

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Pancakes - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 04:25 PM)Tal Wrote: once BHG gets good ships back itll be worth it

I wanted to report this comment, because you've insulted the honor of Manta.

(01-26-2015, 04:42 PM)Pancakes Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 04:25 PM)Tal Wrote: once BHG gets good ships back itll be worth it

I wanted to report this comment, because you've insulted the honor of Manta.
Well, he's not entirely wrong. Whereas the Bottlenose is great the Orca is utter trash. Furthermore the Manta currently has an overly large shield bubble, which subtracts from it's attractiveness as a VHF.
Next update however that manta shield bubble is being fixed, which will be awesome. Sadly there are no currently plans for the Orca.

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Scotia - 01-26-2015

I'd be perfectly content with a "unlawful" Freelancer IFF/ID that showed up red to lawfuls by default, while still showing the Freelancer name. It would ideally start out neutral to all quasi-lawfuls and unlawful groups.

I bounty hunt for unlawful groups as an independent Freelancer; keeping my rep clean only within the boundaries of Bretonia. I would gladly sacrifice that RP to continue to hunt for these groups. I also wouldn't be opposed to removing the gunboat from the Freelancer ID to make the BHG ID more appealing.

Another idea is to possibly remove the technerf on BHG ships for lawful and house civilian weps.

(01-26-2015, 04:59 PM)Scotia Wrote: Another idea is to possibly remove the technerf on BHG ships for lawful and house civilian weps.

I'd say right now it's ok. Lib and Bret are at 90%, and Kusari is red cell (which makes sense because BHG hunted them during the Bret - Kusari war). I'm really clueless as to why BHG has no Rheinland lawful cell though.

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Pancakes - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 04:59 PM)Scotia Wrote: I'd be perfectly content with a "unlawful" Freelancer IFF/ID that showed up red to lawfuls by default, while still showing the Freelancer name. It would ideally start out neutral to all quasi-lawfuls and unlawful groups.

I bounty hunt for unlawful groups as an independent Freelancer; keeping my rep clean only within the boundaries of Bretonia. I would gladly sacrifice that RP to continue to hunt for these groups. I also wouldn't be opposed to removing the gunboat from the Freelancer ID to make the BHG ID more appealing.

Another idea is to possibly remove the technerf on BHG ships for lawful and house civilian weps.
BHG can use house tech with 90% that's more than just fine.
And once the Manta shield bubble will be fixed I don't see an issue with the BHG anymore, Manta is a great VHF. I used to fly one with my freelancer at 75% core.

As for GBs - the issue isn't really with the ability to fly them. The issue is that the 75% core nerf is non-significant on GBs, perhaps they could be reclassified in terms of tech nerf like caps and snubs are separated?

@Lythrilux
They didn't hunt them during the Kusari-Bret war, they hunted Hogosha and FA in Taus and often clashed into Kusari because of it. BHG are just quite unliked in Kusari as part of the whole 'bad gaijin no no Kusari!!!' moto and the reason above.

RE: BHG ID vs Freelancer ID - Scotia - 01-26-2015

Just an idea, considering Freelancer can use any house civ weps with 100%.

I didn't say it would make much of a difference, but it would be a boost to the ID that I doubt would be considered OP; and would give it a more distinct advantage over Freelancer's who have a 75% for House lawful weps.

And BHG has a 75% nerf on Rheinland equipment.