Discovery Gaming Community
Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Any changes or plans for OS&C? (/showthread.php?tid=125946)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Black Widow - 02-12-2015

Some nice OSC ships in here:

An official OSC faction could SRP one of these as a POB:

[Image: OSCHQ.png]

[Image: yacht.png]

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Croft - 02-12-2015

Very nice, either of those would look great. Jinx's work if I'm not mistaken?

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Black Widow - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 11:07 AM)Croft Wrote: Very nice, either of those would look great. Jinx's work if I'm not mistaken?

yup

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Oldum - 06-24-2015

@Croft are you still working on this OS&C thing ? Or what ? Smile

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Croft - 06-24-2015

Certainly am, the faction is undergoing a bit of clearance at the moment, removing inactive folks from the chat and what not, followed by a review of our threads so traditional recruitment is closed for the time being. If you're still interested, please feel free to contact me on skype, you'll find my details on my forum profile just be sure to mention Disco in the request.

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Fluffyball - 06-24-2015

I think that making a high-value commodity that cannot be bought by any other but OSC ID would be pretty good idea to boost interest into that faction, since it does offer nothing. And it would be pretty weird if OSC had to trade ores to earn.

What about remaking VIP commodity, boosting the price 2x and restrict it to the OSC ID, only? As far as I remember, it can be done via code used for restriction on the Wild equipment.

(06-24-2015, 11:39 AM)Fluffyball Wrote: I think that making a high-value commodity that cannot be bought by any other but OSC ID would be pretty good idea to boost interest into that faction, since it does offer nothing. And it would be pretty weird if OSC trades ores to earn.

What about remaking VIP commodity, boosting the price 2x and restrict it to the OSC ID, only? As far as I remember, it can be done via code used for restriction on the Wild equipment.

Actually, as far as I saw, the human cargo part ( Passangers , Vacationers , VIPs ) is pretty messed up at the moment, if that could be figured out right, with proper prices, that would be a good start , cause premium commodities ( alcohol , fur , pearls, luxury goods, etc.) are okay-ish, but that shouldn't be the main profile of OSC.

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Fluffyball - 06-24-2015

I also thought about more "elite" items for OSC, that would be restricted for OSC ID and no one else but OSC would be able to buy that. Think of Scrap and Premium Scrap, but instead of being mined, it would be available for purchase to the OSC ID-ed players only.

Because, let's be honest about it, the most active corporate factions are these, which bring income to the players - sadly.

Good point there , personally, I'd restrict human cargo to liners , after their price fix and all that is.

RE: Any changes or plans for OS&C? - Croft - 06-24-2015

There's been quite a few suggestions along those very same lines, making the routes more passenger focused and special OS&C only commodities. The former has been brought up with Xoria who explained that OS&C work with luxury items and passengers in their routes, so things like pearls, furs and the like are all bundled together under the ID so to speak.
Eventually we'll be opening up into Gallia which should bring some interesting routes and RP conflicts, including a bit of unfriendly competition from EFL's liner division so lots of fun to be had there.

On the commodities front we currently have a couple of ideas, one is an OS&C only version of the VIP with slightly less cargo space (ideally) and another open commodity called baggage which is self explanitory. All of which is to come, naturally the more folks we have the easier and sooner it'll be done.