Discovery Gaming Community
Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper (/showthread.php?tid=126023)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Omicron - 02-12-2015

You're only having problem with anything because you're on the receiving line.

Core =/= BHG

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Binski - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 01:58 AM)Russell Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 01:42 AM)Void_Nemesis Wrote: I think the problem is more that they are treated like a House Military instead of just a Bunter guild, given the ability to do pretty much anything they want, for example to levy fines and confiscate the cargo; that's something you'd expect from a police or military ID, not bounty hunters.

That's because the Core are paramilitary, not just a bounty hunting guild. That's why they're separate from the normal guild

I kinda question this direction the RP of the Core is going though. BHG core ditches bounty hunting to become essentially their own house military of the omicrons and omegas? There's a reason the Order never rose to become like a house military of the same area. I can't see them getting that big and powerful that they could assert that much force over everywhere in the omicrons/omegas (with exceptions of a few). This does in way give them a blank check to go wild.

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - S A D B O Y - 02-12-2015

good thing everyone in the omicrons and omegas have a full capline right???

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Price_ - 02-12-2015

I'm with Sabru, 2ceral4me

[Image: 834.jpg]

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Sylvie557 - 02-12-2015

[Image: 4420032+_e09cd70909cd919be9f53602b241ae91.jpg]

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - sindroms - 02-12-2015

If we only added some lines to make other half-dead IDs more interesting to play.

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - AceofSpades - 02-12-2015

This topic seems to me a legitimate concern... one that in an ideal setting would be discussed cordially and thoughtfully in order to keep the gameplay of said faction focused on what the community wants it to be doing.
Because this is not the case however, new behaviors that may not seem to many as 'sensible Roleplay for Faction X' end up emerging without much community discussion on what sounds 'good'.
(such as debate over Great Taxation Demand regarding the entirety of Corsair/Outcast/Zoner/etc. space, as Disco tries to remove such policies from 'Independent Worlds')

Seems the frustration here is due to the Core, which in-RP would have little in the form of stable incoming resources, having the capability to enforce law like a 'House' over a wide ZOI. Not just purpose is a problem -- but setting -- their 'house' is the entirety of where Pirates live and work, and covers even more area than any one House does with all their resources and peoples..

It is not that the Core wouldn't likely pursue such methods as these if possible, but thats probably still far from what's arguably plausible.

IMO the concept that the Core/BH could generate their income by taxing bases and impeding traders.. or by enforcing grandiose House-like policy due to the 'stature of their Military Power'.. can be argued effectively as both lazy and unrealistic. The limited resources of a faction without Planets of industries and factories would not likely be casually thrown at neutral or non-aggressive parties to simply 'flex the muscle', and certainly not at such a dramatic magnitude for a simple cash grab.

The Core operating in a sensible method -- one that is practical of a faction who not only must battle numerous Pirate factions, but is fighting a war with a massive covert enemy -- would not be such a blase blanket strategy of law enforcement and demands (over an even greater area of space than any one House mind you), rather such things would come about from gameplay/roleplay with specific POBs or factions.
Taxes or other 'Core Law Enforcement' ought to be a result of realized gameplay, not a blanket expectation of tribute.

Not that I have much at stake in the game regarding the Core or Omicrons specifically, but this guy lawl..
(02-12-2015, 03:23 AM)sindroms Wrote: If we only added some lines to make other half-dead IDs more interesting to play.
nailed it.. does certainly seem this would be an example of an ID being expanded simply to allow "people a better reason to play them" versus "reasons for people to play them better"; which is a technique that without a robust discussion, only leads to much more debating and nerfing at a later date. Something we all have a stake in and should be cooperating now to avoid later.
That having been said it does seem that many recent updates to IDs, Commodities, and etc. for the community are being degraded into simple 'cash grab' opportunities for players, which is sad because seriously who is a vet here and is still broke?

Anyways g'luck with this until the next mess gents
-Aces

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - The.Outlaw.Star - 02-12-2015

[Image: 220fa610eccfafe59aee5930766a4822.jpg]

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - tothebonezone - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 05:11 AM)AceofSpades Wrote: Seems the frustration here is due to the Core, which in-RP would have little in the form of stable incoming resources, having the capability to enforce law like a 'House' over a wide ZOI.

And the Zoners have those capabilities? :^)

RE: Angriest I've been since the great Zoner Capship Caper - Sylvie557 - 02-12-2015

Serious Non-Spiderman Response: Honestly the Core should have just stuck with their initial plan of the Omicrons where most of their RP and activity lies anyways. It seems a bit powergamey to try and claim the Omicrons and Omegas in one swoop with their current resources.