Discovery Gaming Community
Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=127704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Tsuzumi Mori - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 06:05 PM)Protégé Wrote:
Quote:not playing Junkers, but they are regarded as Junkers because of wearing such tag
I'm regarded as a member of a faction, because I'm wearing that faction's ID but I'm not in that faction.
k.

I picked up, after all discussion with certain people and me really holding back on this decision, the Junker ID, as it fitted my and TheUnforgiven's roleplay rulewise. I could wear Pirate ID, but everyone that technically are not characters' enemy (Liberty, Bretonia, Rheinland) would be trigger happy and have fun chasing me down. Situation like that makes the idea very fragile and unlikely, since, even if I tried to RP with lawful non-Kusari authorities, I will be shot down in majority of encounters, since "duh, your Pie-rat." I want to avoid such situations to be honest, as they make no sense to the roleplay and character's background.

That alone made me pick up Junker ID over both FL and Pirate IDs.

tl;dr
My character is to be hated by Kusari authorities and its corporations (mutually), but has to be neutral to everyone except Kusari lawfuls and quasi-lawfuls. Freelancer ID is out of question, because of the first condition, Pirate ID is out of question, because of the second condition.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Kauket - 03-25-2015

main issue is, people bring ID into's RP, instead of it being an OORP thing, and it can ruin the way you can portray your character, eg a pirate ID'd privateer.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Haste - 03-25-2015

I don't really see the point of adding these things back. If someone wants to know if my character is a 'Mercenary', shouldn't they just have a chat with the guy and figure it out? It's pretty obvious that my Freelancer ID'd Serenity is a 'Trader' as well.

Things get more problematic once you consider the metagaming implications of a Smuggler ID, too.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Tsuzumi Mori - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 06:16 PM)Nyx Wrote: main issue is, people bring ID into's RP, instead of it being an OORP thing, and it can ruin the way you can portray your character, eg a pirate ID'd privateer.

That's why I pointed out using Junker ID on Freelancer IFF, as no other ID (except for SRP one) fits my roleplay. It's kinda silly that Wild ID is "not visible" inside roleplay, by the way.

IFF should be RP thing.
ID should be ooRP information, if player wearing it is allowed to do "this" and "that".

As for Smuggler ID, I believe Merc, Smuggler and Trader ID should not be reintroduced, as those are fused into one Freelancer ID.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Mímir - 03-25-2015

Jesus Christ all of the ideas so far are mighty bad and for super obvious reasons. They are either unneeded or witness a total lack of understanding of the game.

Should we point out why, or trust staff blindly?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Garrett Jax - 03-25-2015

Let's see, we could implement the PVP ID, where you can pvp anyone, anywhere. We have the Trader ID, where you can trade with any ship, anywhere. Then there is the Screw the Pirate ID nerf ID, where you can now go into Liberty with all your unlawful friends and for the low cost of 1 mil credits, blow up all Lib lawfuls.

What's not to like?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Mímir - 03-25-2015

okokokok I'll shut up Big Grin

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - HuggieSunrise - 03-25-2015

I think the slaver, vigilante, and other ids gave the newcomers to the server ideas on how to branch out.. I mean.. obviously most of those joining the server at the time weren't big players of the original game at all. Hell 4 of my friends i brought here still haven't played it don't know who Trent is and just took cues from people int her server AS SCARY AS THAT SOUNDS.

So perhaps the more ingrained factions left in from the game are at a disadvantage cause most newcomers ... hell most people dont want to exsplore or rp with a restrained zoi or be locked down in a spefic cause.. or use up all 5 slots on thier first account with 5 different zoi's for the sake of having coverage over the sector or going from liberty to Rhineland to bretonia depending on whats going on. the trans Sirius id's are going to be favorites for new commers and vets alike..

SO a verity of freelancer ids with different titles? necessary? no. but easier to get rp to branch out or try a new avenue? Sure. I think it would be great.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Antagonist - 03-25-2015

The Independent Trader ID submission is basically OP and just drives players to extensive powertrading, beside that it won't be independent if you can't define friends or foes or lawful and unlawful style.
I really like to have something that clearly defines what you are supposed to RP, but the ID must be balanced and should just reflect the RP and shouldn't inteferre the gamemechanics.

The Trader ID would be good "if" it's rephacks are low, that you can define your path by yourself, but the cargospace restriction is even low. Between 2000-3000 cargohold.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Croft - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 06:37 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Then there is the Screw the Pirate ID nerf ID, where you can now go into Liberty with all your unlawful friends and for the low cost of 1 mil credits, blow up all Lib lawfuls.
What's not to like?
You mean the samething police have been doing for years with the BHG/Freelancers against pirates, or something similar like the Reavers ID? Though I do get the feeling I've missed out the word "posted" in the bounty section.

Edit: Yes, yes I did.