Discovery Gaming Community
Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? (/showthread.php?tid=128905)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Crackling - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 05:45 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: Quasi-lawful.

Using slaves, murdering everyone who is technical enemy of the Core and playing with Nomad technology isn't really a thing that purely lawful faction would do (I don't take Gallia into account here).

You underestimate lawfuls.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - WesternPeregrine - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 05:54 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 05:15 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Thinking about the subject, I believe that "lawfulness" in freelancer is related with international recognition (that is, recognized by the houses) as a geopolitical power.

If you believe so, how would you characterize Council and Kusari Exiles?

Nah, lawfulness is usually defined by the faction's alignment towards it's own house. Your concept may come into effect when the faction in question is not a house faction, thus could be true for Core, but not for the above two examples I brought.

Council and Exiles would fall into the same plane as the Blood Dragons, or the Mollys. They are rejected by the houses they hail from (thus unlawful to that house, as you said). In their relations to other houses, they are either rejected (in alignment to the house of origin [Kusari rejecting Council in alignment to Gallia]), or tolerated/secretly supported, but not recognized as lawful by other houses (Hessians in Bretonia, Bundies in Liberty, Exiles and Bretonia, etc.)

If a faction is related to a House, than the important factor it's the relation to that House authority, like you said. If it's outside the scope of the Houses, then it's related to the relation that faction has to the Houses.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Jack_Henderson - 04-30-2015

Lawful.

Being unscrupulous and working "the dark side" (like Nomad tech, etc) does not qualify as "quasi-"lawful.
You want the power there, you made it clear that Core thinks they are the dominating force, so in Disco logic you are lawful, like every power that claims to be in charge.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-30-2015

I always, I do Lyth, I do, would like to look at The Core as something like the "Sirius Federation" , but the name Core kinda fails with that D: . However, your late RP is kinda, well, it doesnt fit the full Lawful alignment, so I go for Quasy-Lawful, because you do commit actions which is dealt by force (means if someone even neutraly protects his rights in the Omicrons, you d still crush them down for not following your Rules) and you dont show any kind of Lawful appearance, like House Governments.

So yeah, Quasy Lawful, but thats for your Faction, the indie BHG Core one ofc would be lawful.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Fluffyball - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 05:57 PM)Crackling Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 05:45 PM)Toris Gray Wrote: Quasi-lawful.

Using slaves, murdering everyone who is technical enemy of the Core and playing with Nomad technology isn't really a thing that purely lawful faction would do (I don't take Gallia into account here).

You underestimate lawfuls.

Oh yes, I forgot about Liberty.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Thunderer - 04-30-2015

Evil isn't always illegal. Especially if you have enough guns to prove it.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Yber - 04-30-2015

I see Core as 90% sabre with 4 archangels and 3 buckshots.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Stoner_Steve - 04-30-2015

Other

I see the Core as lawful to the house governments (for example Junkers are viewed, by lawfuls, as on the fence, or Quasi-lawful). But I've also seen the Core work with items that would be considered unsavory by a "normal government". So I can't call the group Lawful, nor can I call it Quasi-Lawful due to the Core being the only group to have a presence in their zone of control (zoners, and order non-withstanding). Your example of Lawful Evil is valid but I don't know if(or how) that translates into an in-game status.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - NonSequitor - 04-30-2015

Core = lawful, with a morally ambiguous undertone.

RE: Do you see The Core as Lawful or Quasi-Lawful? - Neonzumi - 04-30-2015

I see the Core as,lawfully escaped the nuthouse?
I don't know the Core is a funny faction.They kill who they want,lawful or unlawful,just as long as they are enemies or have a verbal battle before the engage.