Discovery Gaming Community
New Activity Tracker - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New Activity Tracker (/showthread.php?tid=130278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New Activity Tracker - Sciamach - 06-06-2015

[Image: tumblr_nodf15NL7a1t4dccno1_500.gif]

RE: New Activity Tracker - Vycos - 06-06-2015

KUDOS! Big Grin

[Image: DoW8Gdk.jpg]

RE: New Activity Tracker - Alley - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:39 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: so... Every ship in the server will be tracked then?
I see....
just curious... Do you have something planed for Indy people getting tracked? I know official factions need it to stay active.... But what about Indy? Smile
any possible bonus or recognition? Just curious.

Everyone is tracked. Depending on how expensive it could be, we might allow people to access individual stats but no promises on that.

RE: New Activity Tracker - sindroms - 06-06-2015

Wonderful. A sidenote here, implementing a non-tagged player list of all players gave fun results in the past. Giving people bragging rights that they are the best and most active X faction indie present and such. It had an overall positive impact on the server activity as well, in all. You might want to consider bringing it back.

RE: New Activity Tracker - GrnRaptor - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:36 PM)Foochow Wrote: Finally, thank you! Will factions be able to add untagged vessels to their tracker?

I would question why we would want factions to add untagged vessels to their tracker in the first place.

That said, glad to see something that's reliable and available for everyone.

RE: New Activity Tracker - Lythrilux - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:52 PM)GrnRaptor Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 05:36 PM)Foochow Wrote: Finally, thank you! Will factions be able to add untagged vessels to their tracker?

I would question why we would want factions to add untagged vessels to their tracker in the first place.
People meta faction tags. It'd be great to be able to fly a ship with the faction ID, but still get it tracked for time somehow.

RE: New Activity Tracker - Pepe - 06-06-2015

This looks like a step forward to finding a way how not to record activity of idle ships, all ones that are ticking activity in afk mode. That would surely change our lists even more.

Me gusta.

RE: New Activity Tracker - Foochow - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 05:52 PM)GrnRaptor Wrote:

That said, glad to see something that's reliable and available for everyone.

As Lyth said. I like contributing to my faction, but sometimes it's better to fly without the tag. Since this community has metagamers and pvpwhores more than a RP server should have. I don't like Pewing that much. You can't imagine how much people hunt OR just log because they see a certain tag, which sucks.

RE: New Activity Tracker - Corile - 06-06-2015

[Image: tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif]

RE: New Activity Tracker - St.Denis - 06-06-2015

Quote:As Lyth said. I like contributing to my faction, but sometimes it's better to fly without the tag. Since this community has metagamers and pvpwhores more than a RP server should have. I don't like Pewing that much. You can't imagine how much people hunt OR just log because they see a certain tag, which sucks.

If this is visible to all, what stops these so called 'metagamers and pvpwhores' just noting what ships are in certain Factions and carrying on as normal?