Discovery Gaming Community
Sarissa MkIII. WIP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Sarissa MkIII. WIP (/showthread.php?tid=130476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Wesker - 06-12-2015

(06-11-2015, 10:13 PM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: Whats wrong with it.

its fat, arcs are only good broadside. It can only TS at range other than that your finished.

The OC cap ship line is complete garbage.

The tridente is too large for its armor, not too mention its core, turn rate, and its bad arcs to add to it make it one of the worst GBs in the game, but I mean all GBs are nerfed so nothing you can really do there.

The storta is fatter, easy to tank not enough armor, in fact ive been told its the worst cruiser in the game.

Sarissa and ransuer are both garbage, the sarissa turns fast but is way too fat to counter the rival ships, like lib dreads, and murmillos, and even makos. ossie and geb destroy it with ease.

The ransuer is as large as a valor with a weaker core. Has complete garbage armor so that light Battlehisps can tank it, its arcs are a problem too, its Cerberus cannons are separated a bit which really works to its disadvantage too, it can strafe, but its not a match for other strafing battleships or even the legate.

Fix both please I love OC and it would be awesome to see them have better ships.

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Killer - 06-12-2015

(06-12-2015, 01:48 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: The OC cap ship line is complete garbage.

Fix both please I love OC and it would be awesome to see them have better ships.

Dont fix the caps,but fix caps and Tridente,because every Outcast ships is the worst ship in the game and sadly thats the truth.

(06-12-2015, 01:55 AM)Killer Wrote:
(06-12-2015, 01:48 AM)Punisher5431 Wrote: The OC cap ship line is complete garbage.

Dont fix the caps,but fix caps and Tridente,because every Outcast ships is the worst ship in the game and sadly thats the truth.

I cant tell if that comment was to troll me or not, im going to assume you weren't which in that case: yes (I generally include GBs as caps too) the capital shipline does need fixing i really dont see why they need to have such bad ships.

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Swallow - 06-12-2015

The point is that I am unavare with how OC GB performs and I have no idea on what BS should be, I never flrw one.

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Durandal - 06-12-2015

Sarissa is a good quality model and does not need to be replaced.

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Tomas. - 06-12-2015

(06-11-2015, 11:53 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: It's actually the Ranseur that needs touching up:

My primary complaint with it is the engine cowling being too large and none of the engine exhaust actually showing. An easy way to fix this would be just to remove the unnecessary "Lid" that's covering the rear of the thing up and leaving the rest of the engine as is. Detail touchups and a few hardpointing issues aside, I could come up with about a million more issues if yer interested in hearing 'em

Message me on skype (bloodclaw95), if y'are

This is a good plan - that plate that covers most of the exhaust tube from the rear. I don't own a Ranseur or I would take a screen and draw on it to demonstrate better. The rest of the problems with the ship are balance ones, as stated in previous replies. It should also have a forward gun.

4.85 Ranseur was using an imported model and that will not return, unless the devs do a 180 from current policies.

Sarissa's needed changes, in my opinion as a dedicated driver of the thing, can be summed up with this image: [1] It needs an overall size reduction too, to something comparable to a Mako (since in its heavies/primaries it's armed like a light BS, though admittedly it does have more secondaries).

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Swallow - 06-12-2015

(06-12-2015, 07:23 AM)Tomas. Wrote:
(06-11-2015, 11:53 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: It's actually the Ranseur that needs touching up:

My primary complaint with it is the engine cowling being too large and none of the engine exhaust actually showing. An easy way to fix this would be just to remove the unnecessary "Lid" that's covering the rear of the thing up and leaving the rest of the engine as is. Detail touchups and a few hardpointing issues aside, I could come up with about a million more issues if yer interested in hearing 'em

Message me on skype (bloodclaw95), if y'are

This is a good plan - that plate that covers most of the exhaust tube from the rear. I don't own a Ranseur or I would take a screen and draw on it to demonstrate better. The rest of the problems with the ship are balance ones, as stated in previous replies. It should also have a forward gun.

4.85 Ranseur was using an imported model and that will not return, unless the devs do a 180 from current policies.

Sarissa's needed changes, in my opinion as a dedicated driver of the thing, can be summed up with this image: [1] It needs an overall size reduction too, to something comparable to a Mako (since in its heavies/primaries it's armed like a light BS, though admittedly it does have more secondaries).

Thank you, now I see what is have to be done.

RE: Starting to build Sarissa, need your help. - Tomas. - 06-12-2015

So I was on the edge of collapse but had to do this:

Shortrissa

This little edit can show everyone the sort of thing I'd like to see it turn out to be, as well as garner more meaningful feedback if Scourge or others feel the need.

RE: OC capital ships. Preparation phase. - Swallow - 07-05-2015

(06-12-2015, 11:24 AM)Tomas. Wrote: So I was on the edge of collapse but had to do this:

Shortrissa

This little edit can show everyone the sort of thing I'd like to see it turn out to be, as well as garner more meaningful feedback if Scourge or others feel the need.

First and foremost: shortened excessive sections.
Also, OP is updated appropriately.