Discovery Gaming Community
LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. (/showthread.php?tid=131580)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - SpaceTime - 07-14-2015

Where is the option in which you are totally fine with LR- following either case?

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Stuffz - 07-14-2015

The poll options are weird since they seem to imply you are a faction that currently upholds balance and fairness, which you are not.

I don't need a faction to hate, that won't make the encounters with you any more fun.
As it is, getting ganked and swarmed by tons of missiles is boring and annoying, it's not what I play disco for.
Neither do I like ganking other people. Not only do I find it unnecessary, I also cannot see how ganking is any fun.
Why would I bother with a fight that is already won no matter what I do?

So when it comes to the rogues, I'd rather do something fun than interacting with them.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Antonio - 07-14-2015

No, while your idea sounds fair for some people, I have a feeling it wouldn't end up nice.

Keep your fair play and balance as much as possible, as any faction should.

And if you do gank or get ganked - so what? S**t happens, life goes on.

We're all here to have fun anyways.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - nOmnomnOm - 07-14-2015

Um... No

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Wesker - 07-14-2015

It's liberty spazzy, your never going to get fair fights weather you try or not, i honestly hate the idea of this whole "balance" thing in PVP in general. I flew with the HF that tried to be balanced against the LN using snubs to fight 2 bcs and 2 GBs , it doesn't work. I personally love how you guys don't care and bring the hammer down on every enemy you encounter, inRP it makes sense, and it encourages ppl to get a larger force to combat you. I have never seen so many KNF online, you don't get awesome huge fights unless 1 side has the will to be gankers and get there hands dirty, which as I've seen, motivates the other side to get a force just as large.

Overall don't change how you fight imo.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Fluffyball - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 01:36 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: It's liberty spazzy, your never going to get fair fights weather you try or not (...)

On the other hand. Don't become another LNS. They have caps? Good, use bombers. Lots of them and teach them that bringing biggest guns doesn't always pay. May the finesse and SNACs dominate.

Teach them that fighting caps in asteroid or scrap fields is a nightmare.

Teach them that fighting caps against bombers is a bad idea.

Teach them how to suffer.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - sindroms - 07-14-2015

Um, Fluffy.
I dunno if you have noticed or not, but we do use bombers.

Anyway, @Stuffz
It was your choice to bring all chims. Only chims. To what was essentially a group fight.
Your own fault that we had ships with missiles, gunboats, dessies, transports and assorted types of random ships, even some with mining turrets.

But by all means, keep to Connecticut if that is a problem.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Alestone - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 12:30 PM)sindroms Wrote: Sort of missing the point of this thread.
I am asking whether or not you want a faction like LR- to abandon all pretence of fair fairplay and restraint in order to become an entity any other group could gank with utmost pleasure without feeling bad about themselves.

So, you're looking for actual endorsements to be LoLWUTs. You're gonna do what you're gonna do. After all, things like shooting a base before the owners are even in the system to keep them from docking then forcing an encounter at the one NPC base in the system are already expected behavior.

My only comment would be to make an official policy to stay away from low level players. There are already enough factors driving new players away in frustration. An amoral gank fleet in the starting polity as an early encounter will not help with that.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - sindroms - 07-14-2015

Yes, you force jumptraders into interaction by waiting them at their crappy POB and then shoot it so they do not dock.
That is how it works.

And then when they do not want to talk to you, you shoot them in the face.

RE: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed. - Mister_X - 07-14-2015

It's just the way Disco works. People cry that there is not enough people online, people cry that there are too many people (in this case rogues) online, people cry when they are ganked, but say they would never do such a thing and I call bull on that one, because we all know everyone here has been on both the recieving and giving end of a gank, and 99% enjoyed being on the ganking side. I think LR should just keep doing what it does, making activity, making more people log. And if someone wants to interact with a huge LR group, either make sure you have enough backup or don't even bother logging to fight them OR if you do, don't cry about it later.

I am speaking as someone who's been on both sides of the LR gankfest and I enjoyed it every single time. Nothing in life is fair, so why should this be an exception?