Discovery Gaming Community
Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? (/showthread.php?tid=131683)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Wesker - 07-18-2015

Making missiles do as much damage as mortars will spawn waves of garbage cap pilots that rely on missiles to fight off everything, "oh i killed your crusier/BS/GB with my missile spam im soooooo skilled" and then they use something else and get steamrolled.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Antonio - 07-18-2015

Missiles buff is a good start. BSs are by far the worst class in the game, being only good against other battleships, and some aren't even good at that.
They used to be a good botfeed machine but that's gone too.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - sindroms - 07-18-2015

Revert capital ship missile stats and lack of ammo usage, if you ask me.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Highland Laddie - 07-18-2015

People are also forgetting that some Carriers could use Cap Missles, which would at least make them more effective as a long-range support ship in fleet battles, instead of just staying at range and launching heavy mortars all the time.

I'd like to see at least a modest speed increase along with a decent damage buff.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Thunderer - 07-18-2015

I've noticed that a BS missile, if it hits a Valor's front, doesn't do any damage to its hull. Maybe that could be solved with explosion radius buff?

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Lythrilux - 07-18-2015

Hey I know. How about we give them a massive blast radius (maybe also buffing the other stats too such as damage and tracking). What this would achieve is that it'd be a useful deterrent for shooting any cap huggers. The way it works is that a battleship fires one of these missiles at the capital ship that ships of a lower class may be hugging.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Thunderer - 07-18-2015

Might be too much, but I don't know. That's why I started this discussion -- to see what people think and discover more alternatives, as well as their qualities and drawbacks.

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Uskok - 07-18-2015

If i may add... battleships should be a killing machine...and there come 2 lausy bomber and kill eaven Zoner carrier...that shoul not be possible...antiaircraft on BS should be better... Buff damage would kill snubs huger... How much buff radius should be?? and damage?? weaker from inside out...??

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Titan* - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 05:16 PM)Uskok Wrote: If i may add... battleships should be a killing machine...and there come 2 lausy bomber and kill eaven Zoner carrier...that shoul not be possible...antiaircraft on BS should be better... Buff damage would kill snubs huger... How much buff radius should be?? and damage?? weaker from inside out...??

It is ok, 2 bomber can destroy BB-CV in Real life too. Remember torpedo bombers in WW2, 3-4 Torpedo Hit destroying a Battleship-Carrier easly

RE: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage? - Uskok - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 06:22 PM)xhunterx Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 05:16 PM)Uskok Wrote: If i may add... battleships should be a killing machine...and there come 2 lausy bomber and kill eaven Zoner carrier...that shoul not be possible...antiaircraft on BS should be better... Buff damage would kill snubs huger... How much buff radius should be?? and damage?? weaker from inside out...??

It is ok, 2 bomber can destroy BB-CV in Real life too. Remember torpedo bombers in WW2, 3-4 Torpedo Hit destroying a Battleship-Carrier easly

aaa.... i dont belive that ww2 bomber vs battleship is comperable with bomber vs battleship in speace cause there is nothing to compare with....anyway... see Battleship Bismarck on wiki and how many of, i don't know, everthing needed to sink him.... Battleship in movies, wich games is based on, is pictured and in action is bearly destructible... here in game i feel i drive piece of sh*t... wepons on BS is too slow.... one cruiser can mess you up and not cause cruiser is strong but you can't hit them....CAN'T...and BS is like powerfull...