Discovery Gaming Community
Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? (/showthread.php?tid=136708)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Jazzi - 03-06-2016

The Oranges eyes are watching this thread, play nicely.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Neonzumi - 03-06-2016

"Look as close to the base you want to work on as possible."

If you are working on a base in Liberty, you wouldnt call Daumann to help you build it and Samura to haul stuff for you. You would call the closest available people like DSE, IC, Universal.. w/e.

"Just pick one of the nearby corporations."

Look above, it does make sense.

"Also be sure to have permission from any faction(s) that control the area."

If you are planing on doing roleplay for a new NPC base, you would need permission from official faction leaders of that specific area and the dev team I guess.

(sun)

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2016

Here is the issue.
Of course if there is no other option then I could go to a faction that is likely to maybe have some knowledge in building and ask for help.
But I am rather focusing on seeing if there is a faction that in lore has some experience in construction.
Since DHC is not available and DSE is out of the question, I am looking for any other possibilities.
I suppose Kisiro or samura could suffice but Samura from I understand trades.
From what i understand as well kishiro focuses on technology and not building.
Those are two separate fields from construction. I would be surprised if the company would be able to realistically without any other outer help build a space base on their own like this.
With Junkers, I do not want to have a base plated with scrap Tongue Jokes aside though, they are probably my last choice along with Zoners. Though I'd pick zoners over junkers in my situation.

Are there any zoners that would actually be able to do something like this renovating base idea? Perhaps TAZ? I've already checked OSI and with little success.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 12:34 AM)NeonBunny™ Wrote: "Look as close to the base you want to work on as possible."

If you are working on a base in Liberty, you would call Daumann to help you build it and Samura to haul stuff for you. You would call the closest available people like DSE, IC, Universal.. w/e.

"Just pick one of the nearby corporations."

Look above, it does make sense.

Ah I understood "looking" in a different way.
No... rather for this I dont think i would want to go with that solution. For several reasons.
Generally, sure. But not for me in my case.

(03-06-2016, 12:34 AM)NeonBunny™ Wrote: "Also be sure to have permission from any faction(s) that control the area."

If you are planing on doing roleplay for a new NPC base, you would need permission from official faction leaders of that specific area and the dev team I guess.

[Image: emoticon-0157-sun.gif]

Before assuming something and leading off-topic it is better to ask. I am not doing what you think I am doing so that doesn't apply to me. It only annoys me that the topic is getting derailed to focus on "asking for permission" .

Thanks for clarifying but yeah. It still doesn't apply to what I am trying to do.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Laura C. - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 12:38 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I suppose Kisiro or samura could suffice but Samura from I understand trades.
Those are two separate fields from construction. I would be surprised if the company would be able to realistically without any other outer help build a space base on their own like this.
You do realize that Samura and Kishiro are - apart from mining and hauling - also for example developing and manufacturing spaceships, including warships?
You should read more about what Samura and Kishiro are and what keiretsu means. Tl;dr is: they are something like DHC+Kruger+Republican Shipping (or DSE+USI or BMM+Bowex) combined. They do literally everything in Kusari space. From production of food and consumer goods, to construction of spaceships and spacestations. That´s why there are only two corporations, because by lore they do everything what in other houses several corporations do.

(03-06-2016, 12:52 AM)Laura C. Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 12:38 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I suppose Kisiro or samura could suffice but Samura from I understand trades.
You do realize that Samura and Kishiro are - apart from mining and hauling - also for example developing and manufacturing spaceships, including warships?
You should read more about what Samura and Kishiro are and what keiretsu means. Tl;dr is: they are something like DHC+Kruger+Republican Shipping (or DSE+USI or BMM+Bowex) combined. They do literally everything in Kusari space. From production of food and consumer goods, to construction of spaceships and spacestations. That´s why there are only two corporations, because by lore they do everything what in other houses several corporations do.

ok cool thanks for letting me know Smile
I guess i should read more. sure sure.
For now though that is enough information for me to consider them.
But also I still need to consider some other factors as well...

Though it is nice to have them as options... though I am not sure how well I can work it out Big Grin
Dunno... it is my little issue of thinking too much sometimes.

Anyway. Thank you for telling me more about kishiro and samura Smile

Actually I might have found my answer. Did a bit more reading quickly.
Thank you @Laura C. for the insight. It will be a large consideration.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - Euca - 03-06-2016

BMM has experience in base building, Southampton is obviously the superior shipyard of all the shipyards.

RE: Offical Faction Role Question thing - faction that can construct?? - SnakThree - 03-06-2016

Deep Space Engineering

Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing

Samura Industries

Daumann Heavy Construction

That's four factions that have something specific in their name about ability to do some construction, rather than just plain shipping.

There's even possiblity for contanting Synth Foods about "biodomes".