Discovery Gaming Community
Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) (/showthread.php?tid=136782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Epo - 03-07-2016

Quote:Erm, no. If the transport is sat at the FP, decloak, RP engage. If the transport is in the middle of nowhere then someone can CD it, decloak, RP engage.

Simple line of can't attack transports using cruisers or battleships, unless in self-defence would clear it out.

Quote:Cannot leave the Omicrons with a cruiser.

Why would they even leave Omicrons in capitals? Makes no sense. Leave this part for K'Hara, but let indies spread more activity in omicrons themself. In the very moment trying to bring nomads to anything ends with "No more stuff with nomads" from you.
Right, you don't want to participate in such actions, then just let indies to do so. If you don't like being outnumbered, just give some possibilities for indies to balance it out.

On another note: I'm for making it forbidden to attack transports in Cruiser or Duks unless in self defence if it hurts that bad.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Connor - 03-07-2016

Quote:Why would they even leave Omicrons in capitals? Makes no sense.

No idea. Lyth said they should be able to travel to the Omegas.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Remnant - 03-07-2016

I suggest that if you're interested in flying around a capital ship, you merely see about signing up for the K'Hara. - With some effort put forward, joining the faction wouldn't be too hard to do.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:Capitals are an ineffective means of destroying transports anyway. If they want to do that they'll grab either the Nammu or the Bomber (which they already have access to)

Erm, no. If the transport is sat at the FP, decloak, RP engage. If the transport is in the middle of nowhere then someone can CD it, decloak, RP engage.

If the transport is at the FP it can just dock then. Not like it wouldn't have heard the obvious cloaking noises beforehand. And with cloaking disruptors around, it can just be thrown out of cloak.

(03-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:And if we're going to simply restrict caps based on the notion that "A lot of people have the 'I don't care' attitude when on Indi's" why are we bothering to allow any faction's indies to fly Capital ships? I've said it myself - Core, Order, Zoners, Corsairs, Outcasts etc. already have access to caps and I don't see any of these fears you hold actually occuring.

And as I said, a terrorist ID that can engage ANYTHING they feel they desire to attack and people will take advantage of that and abuse it. All those factions you've listed have restrictions on who they can shoot. Like, transports for instance.

It's not like they can't blow up the transports without making a demand though. All these IDs are essentially on the same tier in the Omicrons PvP wise (well, except Zoners of course unless attacked first) but the Nomad ID is so low down that there's just no point flying the indie ID.

(03-07-2016, 10:16 PM)Snoopy Wrote: If this was to ever somehow happen then I would make these changes:

Cannot Fly Battleships, only cruisers.
Cannot engage Transports with a cruiser.
Cannot leave the Omicrons with Cruisers.

That's a half measure though. And half measures don't work.

(03-07-2016, 10:22 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:Why would they even leave Omicrons in capitals? Makes no sense.

No idea. Lyth said they should be able to travel to the Omegas.

Some of the Omegas are Edge Worlds fyi. Some of which are also the home systems of the Wild, or have high Wild presence.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:23 PM)King Boo Wrote: I suggest that if you're interested in flying around a capital ship, you merely see about signing up for the K'Hara. - With some effort put forward, joining the faction wouldn't be too hard to do.

But why should I have to join K'Hara to fly a Capital? You don't need to join Core| or Order| to fly a capital ship, and it's evident how much stronger they are than Nomads are in terms of activtiy because of that. K'Hara doesn't appeal to everyone, so people shouldn't be forced to pursue that route either.

And with the restrictions imposed on the indie Nomad ID, it's practically impossible for someone to create their own Nomad faction and take it in a direction that could perhaps allow for a K'Hara alternative.

(03-07-2016, 10:21 PM)Epo Wrote: On another note: I'm for making it forbidden to attack transports in Cruiser or Duks unless in self defence if it hurts that bad.

Fair. I'll amend the OP with a second version that incorporates that.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Connor - 03-07-2016

Quote:If the transport is at the FP it can just dock then. Not like it wouldn't have heard the obvious cloaking noises beforehand. And with cloaking disruptors around, it can just be thrown out of cloak.

Not everyone has their sound effects turned right up and not everyone has a Cloak Disrupter Lyth.

Quote:That's a half measure though. And half measures don't work.

No it's not. It's to stop people from abusing such things which I don't think you quite see.

Edit:

Quote:And with the restrictions imposed on the indie Nomad ID, it's practically impossible for someone to create their own Nomad faction and take it in a direction that could perhaps allow for a K'Hara alternative.

How is it impossible? I really don't get how. With that logic there should never have been a Xeno faction. People can work on their RP, they can SRP things, they can go for officialdom, they can get sponsors from K'Hara to fly a cap.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - HuggieSunrise - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:00 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: But seriously, can we? Let's face it. The Nomad indie ID is a failed experiment right now.

this is the only good point in this entire thread. And i told everyone it would be in 2012.

so lets remove it and grandfather the kids who managed to slip in. thatl get my standing ovation.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Operator - 03-07-2016

what could it change? Spectating some lolwuts flying marduks and raping everything without RP... Meh, won't see it.

(03-07-2016, 10:28 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:If the transport is at the FP it can just dock then. Not like it wouldn't have heard the obvious cloaking noises beforehand. And with cloaking disruptors around, it can just be thrown out of cloak.

Not everyone has their sound effects turned right up and not everyone has a Cloak Disrupter Lyth.

If they don't have their sound effects turned up, tough? Is human ignorance really a reason to defend the traders inability to keep safe? Next you'll be telling me we need to replace guns with bubble shooters. Cloak Disruptors themselves are becoming more and more common, so the playing field is starting to level out.

(03-07-2016, 10:28 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:That's a half measure though. And half measures don't work.

No it's not. It's to stop people from abusing such things which I don't think you quite see.

But they don't work. There's evidence suggesting such that what we have tried has not worked.

(03-07-2016, 10:28 PM)Snoopy Wrote: Edit:

Quote:And with the restrictions imposed on the indie Nomad ID, it's practically impossible for someone to create their own Nomad faction and take it in a direction that could perhaps allow for a K'Hara alternative.

How is it impossible? I really don't get how. With that logic there should never have been a Xeno faction. People can work on their RP, they can SRP things, they can go for officialdom, they can get sponsors from K'Hara to fly a cap.

Go make an indie Nomad faction then. I'm sure you'll find there's lots of people you can work with.

(03-07-2016, 10:29 PM)HuggieSunrise Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 10:00 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: But seriously, can we? Let's face it. The Nomad indie ID is a failed experiment right now.

this is the only good point in this entire thread. And i told everyone it would be in 2012.

so lets remove it and grandfather the kids who managed to slip in. thatl get my standing ovation.

That'll just make the Edge Worlds more empty. We should expand things rather than restrict them.

(03-07-2016, 10:31 PM)Operator SmileWhileAlive Wrote: what could it change? Spectating some lolwuts flying marduks and raping everything without RP... Meh, won't see it.

Repeating myself, if letting indies have access to caps defaults to all them being lolwuts, then why bother letting them fly caps in the first place?
Also, all Nomad IDs were nerfed to be forced to RP before engaging. So they won't be shooting things without RP.

Also, when am I going to get more people posting in this thread who aren't in K'Hara? There's no problem hearing what they have to say but... would be nice to get some unbiased opinions.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Wesker - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:23 PM)King Boo Wrote: I suggest that if you're interested in flying around a capital ship, you merely see about signing up for the K'Hara. - With some effort put forward, joining the faction wouldn't be too hard to do.

What if I'm already in 12 factions? Sad