Discovery Gaming Community
Generic ID vs Faction ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Generic ID vs Faction ID (/showthread.php?tid=137712)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Antonio - 04-04-2016

We should probably forbid factions from using generic IDs, as then the whole generic thing loses its purpose and becomes too good when used by a group.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - The Savage - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:09 PM)Antonio Wrote: We should probably forbid factions from using generic IDs, as then the whole generic thing loses its purpose and becomes too good when used by a group.

Uh. This is not what OP is about. Snak3 already pointed it out; it's about misconception that unofficial (aka NPC) faction ID is a generic ID.

I don't know who spreads that false rumor, but that's third time I encouter such a statement in game.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Yak - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:09 PM)Antonio Wrote: We should probably forbid factions from using generic IDs, as then the whole generic thing loses its purpose and becomes too good when used by a group.

O_o

No. None of this.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Lythrilux - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 03:05 PM)Toris Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 02:46 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Since when can Corporate IDs not take bounties? Any ID can claim bounties in it's ZoI if it has the right combat lines.

This is why I wrote OP. I repeatedly told other player that every non-generic ID can claim bounties inside their ZOI and asked him or her to re-read the rules. I was finally told to shut up, because "you are not Admin or Dev and I won't listen to you".

Well that player is dumb and you can just ignore him rather than needing to make a thread on it I guess.

This is a really good point, and I wholeheartedly agree now that I think about it. It's so true.

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Yak - 04-04-2016

I know this is off-topic (apologies for that Toris).

But, in response to Lyth's agreement about banning groups from using generic IDs, I disagree for the following reasons:

1: Anyone who wants to abuse the generic IDs for their Sirius-wide goodness are probably the sort of people who will fly untagged and do renames on a regular basis, and preventing groups from playing tagged generics won't stop that

2: People who want to tag up a generic ID are probably aiming for some sort of RP with it where they will place RP restrictions on themselves, thereby negating the OP-ness of the generic ID anyway, and probably making it more confined than most non-generic IDs

Well, those probably don't hold true in all cases, but I would imagine they do work as a general rule. For example, see self-imposed ZoI, amongst other restrictions, for Valkyrie Freikorps, The Slaver's Union, and of course AFC.

Again sorry for going off-topic there Toris, hope you don't mind too much!

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Hannibal - 04-04-2016

you can't hunt other peoples for bounties with ids that do not explicitly says so.. such as other than freelancer and bhg

but you can claim on forums after you killed them on any ID, just that you can't attack them for the bounties but only what your ID allows you to attack them

so.. the guy that told you.. he was right.. you again interpreted the rules wrongfully

RE: Generic ID vs Faction ID - Skorak - 04-04-2016

We are going off topic here and it looks like the threads goal has been reached. Locked. ~Skorak