Discovery Gaming Community
How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID (/showthread.php?tid=138436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Lythrilux - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 02:46 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: Who defines who's unlawful or not? For eg. The Order, could they be considered lawful or unlawful? Junkers?

Its a nice idea tho

If you look at an ID it will state how it is defined alignment-wise. Order ID is considered an unlawful ID.

(04-23-2016, 02:48 PM)sindroms Wrote: Speaking as an unlawful player, especially one who used to fly tagged unlawfuls, having a BHG log in every time I undock APART from the usual lawful ships hunting you down was a good initiative not to log that character at all.

I don't think the norm will differ much regardless if this suggestion is activated or not. The problem with the BHG ID generally is that it's at the very top of the activity chain, and no other ID can profit from it being active. In short, the BHG ID is kind of the 'finisher' of activity rather than a 'creator'.

(04-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Hannibal Wrote: generating that amount out of a thin air its not a good idea and will never be implemented,we need more money sink not giving us money for free

This server has barely any kind of dynamic economy. Credits appearing out of thin air won't change anything, and in fact I disagree that they come out thin air because the player has to take action to claim them.

(04-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Hannibal Wrote: and then there's the problem that some unalawful in some house are not in other,not even mentioning how easy is to exploit and how much effort will take from admins to track and clean the mess that this will eventually generate..

(04-23-2016, 02:50 PM)Croft Wrote: A good idea but this opens up a lot of potential abuse for the system, two people could easily earn insane amounts of money by letting one BHG ID'd ship blow up a Pirate ID'd ship over and over. There would need to be some kind of limit put in place per person per day to prevent it, say 10 kills? 50 million a day, not counting bounty boards seems respectable.

Problems can be worked out in future. It'd be far better than the system we have right now anyway. The admins can just deal with abusers anyway. It's not like PersonA and PersonB, whereby the latter has a BHG ID and has repeated blue messages against PersonA would not look suspicious. We could potentially employ limits, although I think we can only create blanket limits rather than individual ones per BHG ID.

(04-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Alley Wrote: I never said it works either, otherwise it'd already be in place.

Shoot, that sucks.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Foxglove - 04-23-2016

I remember a Russian vanilla server that had something similar; it wasn't for bounty hunting, though. It basically gave you a number of credits each time you killed a player in PvP and the amount increased the higher your kill streak was. Fun stuff.

My question here would be: Seeing that Nomads/Wild are often bountied Sirius wide, would killing them also award cash, seeing as the Wild and Nomad indie ID are defined as unlawful.

EDIT: What about ZOI of bounties? Wouldn't your idea encourage extreme blue-whoring?

(04-23-2016, 02:58 PM)Foxglove Wrote: My question here would be: Seeing that Nomads/Wild are often bountied Sirius wide, would killing them also award cash, seeing as the Wild and Nomad indie ID are defined as unlawful.

Would be logical IMO.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Croft - 04-23-2016

The Noms and Wild are already hunted with fervor, placing an automated bounty on them would probably cause a lot of problems.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Foxglove - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Croft Wrote: The Noms and Wild are already hunted with fervor, placing an automated bounty on them would probably cause a lot of problems.

This is kind of what I'm worried about as well. Metagaming for blues might become a problem, because Wild often also carry power cells, which are worth something as well.

(04-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Croft Wrote: The Noms and Wild are already hunted with fervor, placing an automated bounty on them would probably cause a lot of problems.

Comes with being a Wild/Nomad player. But then again they could be left out, Core and Order players would still be the premier nom-hunters.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - nOmnomnOm - 04-23-2016

From what I understood is the trade-off from bounty hunters only needing 2 lines to engage the bounty is that they have to do forum work after.
Hard life, isnt it?

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Wolfen - 04-23-2016

Bounty Hunters - they can assist all lawful and neutral entities in combat without being hired but able to fulfill lawful bounties [i.e. issued by lawfuls] only.

Freelancers - they can fulfill all lawful, quasi-lawful and unlawful bounties - assisting only when they were hired (or happen to bear same tag).

(04-23-2016, 03:08 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: From what I understood is the trade-off from bounty hunters only needing 2 lines to engage the bounty is that they have to do forum work after.
Hard life, isnt it?

You'd be suprised.

(04-23-2016, 03:11 PM)Wolfen Wrote: Bounty Hunters - they can assist all lawful and neutral entities in combat without being hired but able to fulfill lawful bounties only.

Freelancers - they can all lawful, quasi-lawful and unlawful bounties - assisting when they were hired (or happen to bear same tag only).

Lawful bounties doesn't mean they can only claim bounties on lawful IDs you dummy Tongue

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Wolfen - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 03:11 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Lawful bounties doesn't mean they can only claim bounties on lawful IDs you dummy [Image: tongue_out.png]

You completely misread what I wrote, haven't you? I meant bounties issued by lawfuls, because that's what is a lawful bounty according to common sense.