Discovery Gaming Community
Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Outcast Destroyer Deuce (/showthread.php?tid=13885)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Xing - 11-20-2008

up to now Ive seen of, what seems to be outcast only in the BW line, their dreadnaught, the bomber and the gunboat which will enter soon I guess. None of the three I mentionned even look close to each other...

If I recall, dreadanught is some skeletic cyan battleship using kusari engine effect, the falcata is a super next gen craft incredibly rounded for some reason, and its armor plating doesnt even ressemble anything from the actual BW crafts. And the gunboats is probably the craft most accurate to actual BW ships...

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - GhostFace - 11-20-2008

You got a point there.

But I do like the ship don't get me wrong, your work never disappointments me.

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - the_liberator - 11-20-2008

well i like it

love it infact

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Dennis Jameson - 11-20-2008

Terran craft - X3: Reunion

While the fighters are made as a joint venture, the capital ships, including the bomber, are made by the outcasts, and i mean entierly by the outcasts. It's true that they... loan... the design aspects of the borderworld line of fighters, but that doesn't mean their ships are borderworld.

As for the design itself: i hardly think that fits in with the new models for both the dreadnaught and the battleship. If anything use it as a mold for the borderworld cruiser, if there's even suposed to be such a thing.

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Virus - 11-20-2008

*has an idea*... Nice model, by the way!:D

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Doom - 11-20-2008

model is nice...needs better texturing though

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Zork - 11-20-2008

i dont really like the new model... the "old" one looks better

thisone it a bit tooo blocky... like rheinland and outcast made it together

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Jinx - 11-20-2008

the old model looks better ( made by professional designers - but for homeworld )

the new model looks like 500% more freelancer - AND it fits the BW design, which - incidentely - is commonly ( falsly ) labled as outcast + allies.

i have a few critizisms ( minor ones ):

- the ships shape suggests that the ship is larger than it actually appears ingame ( a problem the current dessi shares ) - when you see it all alone - you think its at least as large if not larger than an osiris / liberty dreadnought. the only parts that we can compare sizes are the windows - and the windows on this ship are tiny dots. - i think they need to be twice the size.

- there are many vents / intakes and stuff.... but the texture itself does not really distinguish those parts. - a bit more detail in texture would do wonders.

- for how much its worth.... it does not fit into epyons capital ship fleet. - epyons capships are built as if they were modular. - this one looks massive. it also does not share the "sword" design - but rather refers to the sleeper ships ( which is OK by the ID - but i daresay, the ID card was written to justify the homeworld 2 battlecruiser which happens to look similar to the sleeper ships )

other that that - for me... it would be a very very good replace ( mind, i don t fly outcast and have no plans to do so )

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Dennis Jameson - 11-20-2008

As i said previously: Strive to emulate the design Eppy created for the new Battleship and Dreadnaught, cause that'd truly fit the destroyer at this point, any other kind of model would be a deviation from the other outcast capital ships. (Except the Gunboat, but that really is closer related to a fighter than it is a battleship or a dessie.)

Outcast Destroyer Deuce - Jinx - 11-20-2008

and there we have a problem.....

we have epyons battleship mk 1

and thats about it. - no dreadnought, no destroyer, no battleship mk2 has arrived for testing yet. - and while i do like epyons models much - it won t help when they are not submitted or tested for 4.85.

so right now - if Xing submits a fully finished destroyer - it would simply get in, cause its ... submitted. and from this point of view - epyon hasn t got a "line of capships" yet, cause we do not have it.

once its ready though - i agree that it should fit in - and then, as i have written - the destroyer does not fit in perfectly. but right now... the shipline only consists of the battleship - and thats hardly enough to "set a design for the whole outcast capfleet".

so i DO hope that epyon submits his ships soon.

edit: we do have the trident, too - and its undergoing balancing now