Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven (/showthread.php?tid=140298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Wolfgang Weisen - 08-12-2016

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

My apologies.

One can hardly distinguish a human from an android these days. As for your question regarding my fears of sentient computer programs, I admit I had found myself at a disadvantage a couple of times while conversing with them. But after I tasted this great product, cardamine, I am simply superior than them. You should try it out my friend, if you have not already.

I also learned that Ms Raven is back. I expect you have stepped down and she has taken over again?

Finally, I am afraid but I am also the bringer of bad news. The Professorship is terribly busy following the events in Liberty and a meeting is not presently possible. However I bring word, of an offer which can temporarily settle things. Your forces will exhibit neutral behavior towards the Lane Hackers and we will also do the same. In addition, the blanket bounty on your ships that we sponsor in our Job Board, will also be lifted.

Let me know of your thoughts, dear sir or madam.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Aether - 08-12-2016

[Image: TVPB01H.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Curator Endurance
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: HIGH
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Hm.

____

I won't comment on your use of Cardamine. Many Artificial Intelligence machinations stretch far beyond our own levels of intelligence, while some are simple, rudimentary programs with a singular goal or no goal to function from. Be that as it may, there are far worse things to fear.

As for Keeper Revenant, she has in fact returned due to the deteriorating situation in and around Liberty. The heightened level of Nomadic traffic has us out fighting frequently, to prevent this internal squabble from becoming an access point for infestation. It's quite interesting to see the situation play out. One admiral dead, another missing. The Navy less focused on the Security Force and more on a threat from another kind while the LSF continue to barricade themselves behind their minefield. It makes you wonder if they know something is coming, or if they're expecting the worst outcome of the recent conflicts. No matter. Our priority is to keep the infestation from spreading in to the House.

Funny how - once again - The Order is no where to be seen when fighting the Nomads and their thralls.

Lastly, your proposal seems to be more of a demand. Nevertheless, a level of neutrality can be offered. We all have bigger concerns occupying our time than to allow petty squabbles of the past and names of our friends to dictate where our focus should be.

- Curator Endurance

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Moriarty - 09-06-2016

...Professor.Moriarty.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

Battlegroup Auxesia :

Our patience has run out. You have graduated from moderate annoyance warranting smirks and snide remarks to deserving a response with permanent lethality. Perhaps lack of consistent nourishment has led to neural attrition. Perhaps your leadership are finding their masks to lack sufficient access for ventilating their gray matter. I recommend you acquire medical assessment and intervention post haste. It would be a shame if you all expired naturally before tachyons had a chance to release whatever is left of your minds from your bodies.

Shall I quote your own missive as prophecy of the cause of your impending demise?

(08-12-2016, 03:55 PM)Curator Endurance Wrote: The heightened level of Nomadic traffic has us out fighting frequently, to prevent this internal squabble from becoming an access point for infestation.

One would think, were one to expect intelligently consistent behavior congruent with past statements, that members of Battlegroup Auxesia would assist Lane Hackers in apprehending and disrupting Nomadic activity in Liberty. Instead of historical congruency, just hours past in the Cortez system, the very opposite occurred, wherein Lane Hackers were themselves disrupted, set upon, and attacked by Battlegroup Auxesia, which assisted a Nomad in escaping to parts unknown. You may forget your past words, but we shall not forget your actions, nor forgive.

Unless, unless...you may
  • * Decommission your warships
  • * Transmit 1,000,000,000 SC to LH~R&D
  • * Apologize profusely
  • * Jettison your commanders out an airlock
  • * Abandon Liberty entirely and permanently
  • * Moon at least five West Point cadets
In which case, we will consider forgetting the matter.

Otherwise, we shall be forced to pursue measures of a more energetic variety. The variety that emit tachyons, lest you mistake my intent. If we are met with silence, we shall take it as defiance, and emit accordingly, and forthwith.

Do let us know promptly which course you decide to take. There are quite a few litters of impertinent kittens in Liberty just now, and only so many water buckets to drown them in. I am holding in reserve a titanium plated one just for you, should your mewling attract its ministrations.

Felicitations,
[Image: Moriarty%20Signature_zpsfmvwknhc.png]

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Aether - 09-06-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Musing

____

I see that the Professorship has finally stepped out from behind its curtain. It's good we've gotten your attention.

Prior discussions with Mister Weisen resulted in an acceptance of a non-aggression pact on the twelfth of August, Eight-Twenty-Three. Barely twenty-four hours later, the well known Professor Nicole Hunter violated the very terms of expressed neutrality when jumping to the aid of known worshipers of the Nomads.

Logs Wrote:[13.08.2016 18:19:23] NC-Asaltante.13: You sure? Your guns might look expensive after I'd scrap them.
[13.08.2016 18:19:34] A/)-Phantom: You might look dead after you're dead.
[13.08.2016 18:19:43] Death: DHC-Franz.Becht suffered a self-inflicted catastrophic decompression.
[13.08.2016 18:19:51] NC-Asaltante.13: Oooh. That's scary. How about you fall over and bleed to death, eh?
[13.08.2016 18:19:56] NC-Asaltante.13: I'll help out. Just stand still.
[13.08.2016 18:19:59] A/)-Phantom: Ladies first.
[13.08.2016 18:20:07] Marco.Guero: Ugh.
[13.08.2016 18:20:09] A/)-Raven: Oh boy.
[13.08.2016 18:20:10] A/)-Raven: Hey.
[13.08.2016 18:20:12] A/)-Raven: Here's an idea.
[13.08.2016 18:20:20] A/)-Raven: How about I kill you and get my money back AND extras.
[13.08.2016 18:20:54] A/)-Raven: Okay. Giving him a hand.
[13.08.2016 18:21:29] LH~Nicole.Hunter.: It was stupid for Outcast.
[13.08.2016 18:21:47] LH~Nicole.Hunter.: But we will lend him a hand anyway. Let's start some target practice.
[13.08.2016 18:21:54] A/)-Raven: Bad idea.
[13.08.2016 18:21:58] A/)-Phantom: So much for neutrality.

I find it quite laughable that your own pilots would violate the very terms you set in place without expecting us to retaliate in turn. Now you have the audacity to even consider making demands of dismantling our assets and terminating our leaders. Nay, I was present at both events. Your pilots were cooperating with the Maltese entity identified as the National Council, in which known infested personnel are currently holding a seat with their highers.

You act above yourself, Professor Moriarty, and while I can retain a modicum of respect for your organization, I cannot retain it in terms of the hypocrisy which stems from your utterly laughable demands. If you so much as consider pursuing a matter in which was caused by your pilots initially, then you will be met with swift justice emitted from a series of Particle cannons.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate the circumstances. Your pilots aided in the National Council's escape from the region and proceeded to engage and eradicate the Crayterian forces, who'm are close associates of Auxesia. Your very actions allowed those which aid the Nomads to escape. Ties to the Maltese or not, it was your people who acted against the neutrality initially. We retaliated accordingly.

Re-think your request, Professor.

- Curator Endurance

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Wolfgang Weisen - 09-07-2016

...uploading.data...

Esteemed friends, I am afraid but the Professorship cannot respond as they are all terribly busy with more important issues.

So I will respond to your message.

First of all, watch your tongue when you are addressing our legendary Senior Professor Moriarty. He does not have to endure your snip remarks and lack of respect. You or me are nothing compared to him, his accomplishments or legacy. I don't take offence if you wish to address me in a more unofficial or street-wise manner but not the Professor.

Regarding the logs you have provided, it was only a few hours after the deal was made. I am sure you realize that it takes time for the orders to be relayed and fully read by the entire organization. However two of your men called Spiteri and Alecto attacked and destroyed Initiate Chang's freighter a few days later. I thought you had your little revenge, we didn't take offence from their pitiful actions, did we?

The reality is that the pact was still active, we were treating your group as neutral contacts and you were also treating us the same for more than two weeks. However last day's actions show that you in fact baited your time waiting to strike as a true snake from its hole when the moment would be right.

And the moment to break the neutrality pact arrived when you located our operatives being heavily occupied in a large fight. You attacked us the moment when we were the most vulnerable. Your venomous, sissy and backstabbing ways will be entered in the hallmarks of history. Perhaps with all these defections, betrayal has entered your DNA, I don't know.

What I know is that my colleagues demand repayment in kind. They want blood.
Minutes before you arrived, we were interrogating a senior National Council member which was accompanying a nearby nomad. Then the Colonials arrived and attacked our group not even theirs, allowing the suspicious Maltese and nomad assassin to escape with their alien cloaks. You didn't know that, did you? However I am a practical man. As Mr Hunt has pointed out, there is nothing to gain from destroying Auxesia ships. As Interruptor Frost pointed out, you really have earned the enmity of every organization in Liberty, minus the insignificant nationalists of Hellfire Legion. Diplomacy is not your strongest field, I understand. And, in addition and most importantly, we were particularly pleased to hear of your engagements against the alien threat in Coronado system and the sacrifices you made. In fact I was even planning to send you a relevant transmission soon.

So please enlighten me, Curator. Is your group willing to provide reparations to the Lane Hackers or the Rubicon is crossed?

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Aether - 09-07-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Musing

____

Mister Weisen,

You should be well aware that Mister Hunt as well as those within Auxesia are people of punctuality. Is it not true that the Lane Hackers possess an advanced array of networks? Is it not logical to assume the pact would've been made public almost immediately afterwards, or was it neglect of a few that started this conflict?

Who knows. I for one am in no mood to beat around the bush.

However, I was not aware of Spiteri and Alecto's actions. If they did so, then we were not informed. Because of this miscommunication on both parties sides, it seems we've once again found ourselves within the realm of debate and demands.

You can save your petty insults, for they mean nothing to me.

Though I must say we weren't aware of your interrogation efforts. We received word that the Crayterians were in need of immediate aid. When we had arrived, the National Council was spotted and engaged alongside your forces. They later retreated when I and several others moved in to provide fighter support to alleviate pressure upon the Crayter Forces. We acted upon what we saw. There was never any significant communication between our two groups to do otherwise. The logs provided involve your Professor aiding the National Council. We acted on the assumption that this was a similar situation, for we cannot stand idly by while known affiliates and subordinates of the Nomads and Nomadic Infectees are given aid by an organization that claims to be strongly in opposition to them.

So do share what your interrogation provided, and we will share what we know of the National Council.

Thus, a counter-proposal will be made in regards to your demanded 'reparations'.

- The Inner Phalanx will extend a formal apology to the miscommunication that occurred.
- The pilot responsible for the destruction of the recruit Chang's vessel, Spiteri, will be expelled.
- A total sum of 300,000,000 Credits is offered in repayment for the destroyed vessels and injured pilots.
- A section of technology once belonging to the Core, as well as State of the Art Small Arm weaponry will be provided to the professorship for study, including detailed portfolios of the contents of each shipment.
- The Lane Hackers will receive advanced prototype weaponry that has since been recovered from the combat front in Coronado for further study in to how the infestee weaponry functions.
- An official document will be provided stating neutral terms upon negotiation with the Professorship or on their behalf.
- Detailed dossiers of known infected or potential infected individuals/groups.

This is what I offer. Take it or leave it, Mister Weisen.

- Curator Endurance

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Wolfgang Weisen - 09-09-2016

...uploading.data...

Curator Endurance,

I wish to reassure you that when it comes to nomad infection, infiltration, penetration or other sinister activities of the alien race, the Lane Hackers answered and will answer only with brutal and overwhelming force. After all, our organization was pivotal in saving, protecting, and helping to escape those who later emerged as heroes during the Nomad War of 800-801 A.S.

And we are not afraid to root out nomadic influence even if it involves our closest allies. We have the evidence of course and the Professorship is still deliberating on the proper course of action towards the NC- members. We are willing to share what we have with you but first the reparations should be made.

Your proposal is accepted however I need to stress out the need of some rules which need to be placed in order to avoid similar incidents.
- Battlegroup Auxesia capital warships will not enter the northwestern part of Magellan system, St Lawrence Ice Field in Ontario and the dark matter clouds of Galileo system for security reasons. Permission can be granted after prior communication with a Hacker of the Inner Circle.
- In the event of either The Lane Hackers or Battlegroup Auxesia are engaged in a fight with another faction, neither of our two organizations should intervene by assisting the opposing side.

If you agree to these terms then we are ready to move on, Curator. Credits can be transferred to LH~Cochrane.Investor and the dossier can be attached in this comm. As for the equipment, they are to be moved to Ontario. Private contact will be made in the coming days about the meeting and equipment transfer.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Wolfgang Weisen - 09-12-2016

...uploading.data...

Greetings.

I think we are running out of time, wouldn't you say? And, let me guess, you don't have the money, do you? Don't look surprised Curator, I am a former senior Economic Analyst of Interspace Commerce. Even an economics graduate would know that maintaining an entire Battlegroup with no constant stream of funding is an entirely unrealistic, unfeasible, unviable, unreasonable, unbelievable, implausible, irrational, impractical, and illogical project.

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - Aether - 09-12-2016

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TOPIC: Deal

____

Mister Weisen,

Apologies for the delay as we've been occupied with the arrival of the remainder of our forces and various meetings to consolidate ourselves. This matter had nearly gone under the radar. In any case, an amendment is needed to one particular term.

(09-09-2016, 10:45 AM)Wolfgang Weisen Wrote: - Battlegroup Auxesia capital warships will not enter the northwestern part of Magellan system, St Lawrence Ice Field in Ontario and the dark matter clouds of Galileo system for security reasons. Permission can be granted after prior communication with a Hacker of the Inner Circle.

The northern part of Magellan is a major transfer point between Cortez and Commonwealth controlled territory, which is a zone of interest. The following amendment shall be made:

- Auxesian Capital Vessels will not enter the northwestern region of Magellan's barrier nebula outside of the sole purpose of transit between Cortez.

- Lane Hacker installations and outposts shall not be approached by any Auxesian vessel within a 10k radius in the interest of secrecy and security on behalf of the Lane Hackers.

Once those are ratified, you'll find that the funds you're so certain we don't possess have been transferred to the provided neural account.

- Curator Endurance

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: The Lane Hackers | CC: Sapphire Raven - A/)- The Inner Phalanx - 09-14-2016

[Image: Md11yFi.png]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Steven Bennett
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Venator
TOPIC: Delivery Data

____

Gentlemen,

The delivery of the promised equipment was made by myself on board the Ares. As I told you then, the promised Core equipment will have to be delivered at a later date. Currently it's undergoing optimization for efficiency. I'm not a tech savvy guy, so don't expect me to explain the details like the others could. Here's the dossiers of the small arm shipment.

As for the other dossiers, those will be handled by the Curator in a little bit. I don't have the authorization to access those files just yet.

- Venator Bennett

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED