Discovery Gaming Community
Windows 10 anniversary update problem - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 anniversary update problem (/showthread.php?tid=141898)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Windows 10 anniversary update problem - SeaFalcon - 08-14-2016

(08-14-2016, 01:26 PM)Corile Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:44 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: These windows 7 fanboys pft...
sorry that people are advocating for the last widoze that's actually usable xd

not like i care tbh

Your definition of usable is flawed.

RE: Windows 10 anniversary update problem - Ichiru - 08-14-2016

not like i care tbh

> Ubuntu 16.04
> No usable modern AMD drivers
> Unity DE

use a real linux ™

RE: Windows 10 anniversary update problem - Corile - 08-15-2016

(08-14-2016, 05:18 PM)Ichiru Wrote:

not like i care tbh

> Ubuntu 16.04
> No usable modern AMD drivers
> Unity DE

use a real linux ™

N V I D I A B O Y S
V
I
D
I
A
B
O
Y
S

its just that changing from "sudo apt install" to "sudo pacman -S" is too difficult

(08-14-2016, 04:04 PM)SeaFalcon Wrote: Your definition of usable is flawed.

[Image: YVRmqBF.png]

[Image: gF8hhEV.png]

/shrug

RE: Windows 10 anniversary update problem - Hellion - 08-15-2016

(08-14-2016, 03:22 PM)Mickk Wrote: No problems here.

Upgraded to Win 10 from XP a few months back and while it's not perfect, it has given me the ability to hook up as many HDD's as my MB can handle, with the option to go to 2TB+ HDD without having to partition them down.

I hated the e-mail function, so I'm using Thunderbird.

As for the OP's graphics problem, I know there has been an update for AMD graphics cards recently...... which I haven't downloaded and installed yet, so maybe that is why my graphics haven't gone pear shaped.

To get totally back on topic, check your graphics settings, maybe something was changed by accident, failing that, maybe your graphics card is getting past it's 'use by' or may just need a bit of dusting to stop it from heating up too much.

My AMD drivers were quite outdated, but they were working like a charm until anniversary update. After the update I thought, oh well, maybe the problem is in outdated graphics drivers which could not be compatible with the update so i updated the drivers as well. That actually did not solve the problem. There's no dust in/on graphics card as I clear it regulary.
Who knows, maybe the problem passes by by itself just with upcoming regular updates of windows and AMD, heh Big Grin

RE: Windows 10 anniversary update problem - Mickk - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:10 AM)Hellion Wrote: My AMD drivers were quite outdated, but they were working like a charm until anniversary update. After the update I thought, oh well, maybe the problem is in outdated graphics drivers which could not be compatible with the update so i updated the drivers as well. That actually did not solve the problem. There's no dust in/on graphics card as I clear it regulary.
Who knows, maybe the problem passes by by itself just with upcoming regular updates of windows and AMD, heh Big Grin

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your graphics card is suffering from what is called 'heat creep'.

This is something that happens if you turn off your PC when you are not going to use it for a while/go to bed/work or whatever.

It takes a long while for it to have any effect, but essentially what happens is the video card and other plug in cards very slowly work their way out of the slots to the point where they aren't 'seated' properly any more.

It's a simple fix, just make sure your video card is properly seated in the slot by giving it a firm push down.

Odds are this isn't the problem, but who knows what a little wiggle of the card might fix.