Discovery Gaming Community
Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? (/showthread.php?tid=142447)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Arbs - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 04:42 PM)Sanctions Wrote: Only here for blues, nothing else.

XDDD

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Neonzumi - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 04:42 PM)Sanctions Wrote: Only here for blues, nothing else.

My point exactly. (:
Kappa

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Sorrontis - 08-23-2016

Yes. I role play my two (soon to be 3) characters. I love role play. I came here exactly for that.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Internity - 08-23-2016

"I only play to resupply my ship during the combat"...

Of course I role play my characters, otherwise I would be banned by now.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Vendetta - 08-23-2016

I don't think you guys are getting the concept of the question.

Do you play the character or are you portraying yourself as the character?

Is the character you or is the character its own individual?

Are you simply giving yourself another name or are you acting?

The question is pertaining to self-inserts and giving characters a unique personality and thought process different from that of your own.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Pvt.Pirate - 08-23-2016

i really try to emphasize with the character and lay my own thoughts and preferences aside.
i could roleplay a pirate who is always drunk on rum, although i personally hate the taste of rum and prefer singlemalt whiskey Big Grin
maybe i could even roleplay a coldhearted racist capitalist, but that would be very hard for me, because it would be hard to emphasize with these Wink

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Xenon - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 04:22 PM)Wesker Wrote: in fact I went to the owner the night before the siege and explained this to him. But inrply the character I was RPing would be motivated to go as far as sieging the base completely.

You did .. and my level of respect to you @Wesker is rising day after another.
You know why and that's enough to me for now. Smile

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Hunor - 08-23-2016

Alan Shepard is RP char. Sometimes I have a feeling about integrating some oorp story in this characters life but I follow my basic rules:
1. This is a game where I can be child again again and again.
2. I dont want to influence RP with my oorp / RL things because RP is island of peace for me which keeps away my RL worries.
3. Professional, RPing can be a personality disorder but it can also be used as therapy in anxiety and in other psychosocial problems.
4. well ...

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - KaelanFrey - 08-23-2016

I view Disco roleplay as a massive improv, so yes I do my best to act as a character who is their own person and leave "myself" out of it as much as possible. Tho sometimes I slip, and that sucks.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - kenshin156 - 08-23-2016

That's the big fun of being on a Roleplay Server, really. So yes, I *do* Roleplay my characters as their own individuals.
On one side I have a brash girl, that loves to have barfights and pissing on everyone's knee who's not respecting her to an appropriate degree.
And on the other hand I have a shy, clumsy and introverted Trader, trying to keep away from the fray, rather paying himself out of extortionate prices, than risking to be blown up into space.
And on the other other hand I have the calm and collective, yet determined and loving scientist girl, caring for her friends and family, as well as her sadistic and cynical father with a permanent dark mood - who I also RP myself.
None of these guys are ooRPly influenced in any way, other than occasional slips, where I accidentally metagame minor details, because I forget that exactly that character doesnt know something that others and I do.