Discovery Gaming Community
NC- feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: NC- feedback (/showthread.php?tid=143269)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: NC- feedback - Shiki - 09-17-2016

@"Texas.Red"
Thank you for your feedback.

RE: NC- feedback - Divine - 09-17-2016

So what's coming next? Crying to the mods for all feedback not following the use of your precious template to be removed?

RE: NC- feedback - Char Aznable - 09-17-2016

Is this an ingame or forum related matter?
Two, so both

Describe the issue.
First off, as I already mentioned to Petitioner, I had a slight issue with you engaging VWA ships in Sigma-13 a while ago. While not without any reason (I understand that this is, by your view at least, Outcast space), it still felt very off. The Bundschuh and the Outcasts, while hostile, are not outright at war, and because of a lack of conflicting interest in their immediate goals, I would not see them as a bigger threat compared to a Hogosha, who are known to be supporters of your mortal enemies. From my personal point of view, if you have a bigger or at least more important threat to deal with, I don't see a reason to deal with the other one first, especially if the "lesser" threat has openly given a retreat order. Pursuing us through the Gas cloud while leaving the Hogosha behind, while we were on the retreat felt weird. Why risk pilots when the enemy is retreating? And why leave a clear enemy behind doing that?

Even if you lost the encounter in the long run, it felt very much like it was ooRPly motivated bluehunting, which is something I never appreciate. Overall, it is a minor issue of course, but a slight discontent feeling with it stayed.

Secondly, using this template-system is a nice touch, but going outright to ignoring people that don't use it portrays you as petty and ignorant in the eyes of the community. In mine as well. If the feedback is worded legitimately, and especially, not put in a bad manner, there is absolutely no reason to disregard it. Especially not if it's not using an arbitrary format.

If you were to propose a resolution/suggestion of change, what do you recommend?
First issue: Try seeing retreat as a legit end to an encounter. Everyone inRP does, so you should as well. Also, maybe consider your priorities in the Sigmas. I'm not saying you shouldn't have shot us, but pursuing our retreating force instead of hunting down the Hogosha felt very off.

Second issue: Stop being petty and behave like adults. You're demanding it from the people writing your feedback, so you should use the same judgement for yourself.

@Char Aznable
1) Hm. For the time I played disco I can't remember Hogosha attacking Cardamine convoys (VWA did [1] [2]) or attempts to enter Omicron Alpha on the ships that we provided by direct enemies of Maltese (which VWA did [1]). I understand why do you consinder Hogosha as a biggest evil, but let's not forget the roleplay consequences and base on actual disco interractions. Vendetta on VWA was never done as far as I know. Our direct unlawful foes in Rheinland are Unioners and at some point LWB. We have a deals with Hessians and BDM about the Cardamine hauling compromise, I'm not sure if VWA will ever accept it though. I am not a big expert in Rheinland, but I barely see a compromise between VWA and the Outcasts. Speaking of Hogosha role in Artifact smuggling, I can assume that even Samura and OsC are more important at this point. I can be wrong though. Motives? Lone Hogosha is an easiest blue, and unlike VWA, Hogosha are bountied so that's really not the point.

2) As you can see it helps to state the issue and get a reasonable answer. If people are looking for it, of crouse.

RE: NC- feedback - Char Aznable - 09-17-2016

1) While there are those incidents, indeed, those are minor incidents compared to the large scale Artifact smuggling, interdiction of Cardamine traffic, not to mention the Hogosha's involvement in supporting Kusari in general. On top of that, the incident you are referring to containing the entering of Alpha was hardly a reason for hostility. Distrust, true. The Hogs are much more a problem to the Outcasts than the Bundschuh are. If you base your actions entirely on player interactions, disregarding the NPC's faction background lore and their logical progression, I have to object to your way of seeing the Freelancer universe. Again, I don't see why a Hogosha smuggler is a lesser threat to a Bundschuh group that is already retreating, which is something that you completely ignored by the way - both in the situation and the Feedback, which leads me to the assumption that you hand-picked the problems you decided to address.
2) This point is actually reinforced by your response to my second complaint. If you don't want people using your feedback thread for what it is used for by function, and instead try to turn it into a uniformed way of making your faction look good, then I'm sorry. I'm not going to comply.

@Char Aznable
1) What you calling a "minor incidents" is literally 100% more interractions that we had with Hogosha, because there was none. If we basing on dull-irp-npc point of view, then we should completely ignore the IMG, because there is 380 people on Java, most of the are an actual miners. so they are suppose to be ignored most of the time, unless OC wants some easy cash. Situation with Hogosha is not /that/ critical as you trying to imply, aside of line "Allied: Corsairs" there is nothing special in it. Let me elaborate, I do understand key-evil-pro-corsair role of Gaians in Bretonia or Unioners in Rheinland (yet, we don't review them as primary threats, as GRN, Corsairs, Order or GMG). Artifacts are legal in Kusari, it is a giant problem for the Outcasts, and Kusarian government is suppose to be the main problem and concern, not legal criminal group which is doing what allowed. I honestly don't think that Outcasts are involved into Kusarian business a lot due this House mantality. And Char, we also have a Cardamine market in Rheinland, and I assume, I'm guessing, that's my suggestion, that VWA is trying to prevent grow of this market (and it's backed by in-game interraction, still, unlike with Hogosha).

Speaking of the previous interractions, I don't pull them as to counter-agrument to you. I don't hard picked them and easely found the links, because I remembered and liked those interractions. Somehow I took a part in both myself, it was interesting and enjoyable. Especially an interesting episode with lone RFP helping VWA to fight us. It is interesting to interract with the Rheinlanders, and it's happening not that often (for the obvious reasons). This episode in Alpha also was interesting and fact of the Order ship trying to approach the Omicron Alpha would be taken seriously on my Outcast opinion. If you are flying in ships provided by the terrorist group into Maltese space, and we spotting you with the same ship again in Sigmas, you will be chased. You tend to view Outcasts as the second largest criminal group in Sirius and this point of view switching to Hogosha would not cause any doubts. In this point of view we see a struggle for the blackmarket as the highest priority, this point of view is legit. But, if we are looking at it as on the nation with half of the billion population, the priorities can be different, even despite the fact that this nation is still mainly living from the cardamine profits.

I understand that some things are need to be explained and elaborated, I understand where people can be confused, because not all people playing Outcasts all life as I do. I hope now you understand that this is a serious RP dilemma, which is not feeling like "bluehunting" anymore.

RE: NC- feedback - Thyrzul - 09-17-2016

Drop this template idiocy. It wasn't even funny when Auxesia did it. Handle feedback based on content, not on looks, that's what matters, and by that will the community judge. Factions discarding valid feedback simply because they don't like the feedbacks' contents are already bad enough, factions discarding valid feedback simply because they don't like the feedbacks' looks are just worse. Just 2 cents from an NC member.

RE: NC- feedback - Kauket - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 08:29 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Drop this template idiocy. It wasn't even funny when Auxesia did it. Handle feedback based on content, not on looks, that's what matters, and by that will the community judge
It's only idiotic because it's filtering it out from rage instead of consistant and constructive feedback.

Maybe it's the people that's truly it.

How is it anyone's fault if all people do is just cry after dying in pvp then raging in someone's feedback? Most of the time, feedback threads are generally useless because of the lack of concern in ''feedbacks'' - it became more of a place to spread tears than to point things out

RE: NC- feedback - Wildkins - 09-17-2016

(09-17-2016, 08:36 AM)Auzari Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 08:29 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Drop this template idiocy. It wasn't even funny when Auxesia did it. Handle feedback based on content, not on looks, that's what matters, and by that will the community judge
It's only idiotic because it's filtering it out from rage instead of consistant and constructive feedback.

Maybe it's the people that's truly it.

How is it anyone's fault if all people do is just cry after dying in pvp then raging in someone's feedback? Most of the time, feedback threads are generally useless because of the lack of concern in ''feedbacks'' - it became more of a place to spread tears than to point things out

if someone's raging without reason and just spewing vitriol all over the place then it's quite likely their post will just get invis'd for causing drama down the line

to each their own on the template idea I suppose but I've never had an issue with the open nature of the [LN] feedback thread, and frankly ignoring feedback which is probably valid on the basis that someone didn't use the template is bordering on pedantism but oh well

RE: NC- feedback - Yaoquizque - 09-17-2016

To me using that template just make you a control freak. By doing this you want to control how people should interact with you. Maybe the intent is to add difficulty to the action of posting so that people stop posting in your feedback thread?
So that leads me to assume you do not want a feedback thread in the first place, but a hug-box. I can understand that, but then it should not be in this section.

For what it's worth, I always considered the 'no feedback = you're doing it good' rule to be worth something. If you look at the feedback section, you will see there is factions whose threads haven't been bumped since months. The thread of the main faction I'm in wasn't bumped since a year. Maybe it's because those factions' members try to be fair with whoever they interact with. I think it would be worth for you to reflect on that.

I didn't use your template, so take that post as malevolent whining if you want.