Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? (/showthread.php?tid=143852)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - Unlucky_Soul - 10-04-2016

Use ioncross character editor.

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-05-2016

(10-04-2016, 07:54 AM)eigos Wrote: Here is how:

1.) Download discovery mod 4.84 (campaign still works there);
2.) Edit shiparch.ini and make the ship_class to be 1 (so you can buy at level 1);
3.) Edit goods.ini to sell the ship with full turret loadout (if you want razors, or basics, missiles, whatever) and reduce the price of the ship itself to 10 credits;
4.) Further edit goods.ini to make all corresponding turrets cheap (like 1 credit, to avoid pumping up your player level);
5.) Edit market_ships.ini and make the cruiser sellable at Manhattan!
6.) skip to next step;
7.) PROFIT.

Thank you Smile i hope, that this will work correctly Smile

Uuhhh but where to Download 4.84?

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - eigos - 10-05-2016

Google is your friend

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-06-2016

(10-05-2016, 10:26 AM)eigos Wrote: Google is your friend

Uuuhhh buutt how to edit, for example, the shiparch.INI file? If i open it, i only See thousands of numbers..

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - eigos - 10-06-2016

FROM DRIZZT'S SHIP CREATION TUTORIAL:

Code:
Make your ship buy-able at a base.
Tools used:
Notepad
This is a little tedious, but you must do it.
Open up your data\equipment\market_ships.ini
You should see something that looks like this
[BaseGood]
base = Br01_01_base
Marketgood = gf1_package, 0, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
Marketgood = gf2_package, 4, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
FYI…
The 2nd number:
30, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
Is your rep requirement to buy a ship. Don’t mess with this unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
And so on down the list.
Let’s take a look at these entries.
You have the marketgood identifier, the nickname of the package, the level you have to be to buy a particular ship and finally the last set of numbers.
Identifier and package
Level to buy
To sell or not to sell
Marketgood = gf1_package,
-1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
Marketgood = gf2_package,
-1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
A ship that is for sale looks like this. Pay attention to the numbers they are important.
Marketgood = gf1_package, 1, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1
A ship that is NOT for sale looks like this.
Marketgood = gf1_package, 1, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
Did you notice the change? The 1’s and 0’s after the -1 are significant.
? 1, 1, 0 = a buyable ship
? 0, 0, 1, = a ship not for sale at that station.
By changing those 3 numbers you can enable or disable a ship.
NOTE: Each base can only sell 3 ships. Bases that already sell 3 ships must have 1 of the existing enabled ships disabled so you can add your ship to the dealer, otherwise you will most likely end up with a crash.

The base code for Planet Manhattan is li01_01_base.
- search for that base code;
- see the 3 ships that are sold there;
- choose a ship and change its code from enabled (1, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1) to disabled like this: 1, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1
- paste the entry for the Liberty Siege Cruiser and set it to enabled (1, -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1);
* to make it easier, find the siege cruiser entry at Norfolk or Baltimore Shipyard (dont remember which base sells it in Disco 4.84) and copy-paste the thing for Planet Manhattan;
- if you have set everything else on the other INIs, then its time to test it;

Last but not least - profit.

P.S. If its too much of a hassle for you, I could do it and send you the finished INi files for you to replace and use. HOWEVER... it will take some of my own free time to do and I'd like some FL credits to compensate for that. If you are fine with that, lemme know.

RE: Liberty "Archer"-Class Siege Cruiser in Vanilla Single Player? - PhoenixClaw - 10-07-2016

(10-06-2016, 03:09 PM)eigos Wrote: P.S. If its too much of a hassle for you, I could do it and send you the finished INi files for you to replace and use. HOWEVER... it will take some of my own free time to do and I'd like some FL credits to compensate for that. If you are fine with that, lemme know.

How much do you wanna have for this finished .ini-files?