Discovery Gaming Community
A question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A question (/showthread.php?tid=14485)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A question - Derkylos - 12-14-2008

If you oppose weapons dealers, they will post a huge bounty on you...but what the hell? If it's an in-rp attack, go for it.

A question - swift - 12-14-2008

Well I don't care about a bounty, hell I welcome it, few bounty hunters can match me in a fight, at least I like to think of it like that..
And yes, it's an in RP attack, just of course without the cooperation of the dealer, otherwise it'd be useless and stupid.

A question - Zelot - 12-14-2008

If you are using an unlawful character, it is completely legal and legitimate. Weapons dealers are rp characters in our game, even if they dont want to be. They are open to attack just like everyone else.

Ok, one more question though. I understand it's ok for pirates, but is it ok for Xenos? It doesn't necesarilly mean I'll do it with a Xeno char, but I'm asking for informational purposes..

A question - Jinx - 12-14-2008

there are two reasons that allow you to attack and destroy a trader.

- when its a piracy attempt
- when a bounty was officially posted

when a bounty was posted, the trader ( or the target in general ) must be informed about having a bounty on his head before the attack ( to fulfil the rule to satisfy sufficient RP before the attack ) - in that case, you need not ask for an amount of money to be allowed to destroy the trader.

when no bounty was posted, you can pirate the weapons-dealer with any faction that is allowed to perform a piracy attack ( or an unlawful action in general ) - when you do that, - like i have written, your demand must be "reasonable" - to leave the other player a real choice.

of course you must not dock camp ( weapons-dealers are quite often parked at mooring fixtures ) nor can you start harrassing the trader for semi RP / ooc purposes.

although - as i have written - an attack is fully legal, - successfully performing such an attack is a walk on thin ice. a single bomber or even a gunboat won t be able to take down a weaponsdealers ship ( usually liners ) - cause there is simply no time to cripple them enough before they dock.

moving into the attack with an overwhelming force might work ( like 5 - 8 bombers or something ) but you must make sure that you re playing by the rules at every second, cause if the attack is against the will of the weaponsdealer, he will most probably look for every rule that might be violated to turn you in.

when a bounty is applied to the affair, - i guess it would be allowed to move a battlship into it - to destroy a weaponsdealer........ but where s the RP there then. - moving something in with such overwhelming firepower is hardly convincing RP - and looks like an excuse to blow the trader up for personal gains.

all in all - i d treat it with caution. blowing a weaponsdealer actually up is hard - making them dock and log off, thats easier. if you want it to be a really good RP experience.... RP in COOPERATION with the weaponsdealer. - give him a chance to activly defend himself ( or move his most valuable pieces away ) - in the end, it is not for you to loot all the stuff - its for the RP to destroy the dealer... isn t it?

A question - bluntpencil2001 - 12-14-2008

'Gimme all the weapons, or I take them and your ship's oxygen supply!'

Piracy at its best.

How unfortunate that thevast majority of weapons' dealers have piss-poor RP. My Junker CSV excluded.:P

Actually the goal of it would be supplying a small group of terrorists or pirates with weapons for a certain cause. Therefore this..
The plan is of course not to steal everything, but a sizeable demand will be made. If not, everything will be taken... I don't want to ruin someone's game after all..

A question - Derkylos - 12-14-2008

Totally in RP for a Xeno strike team to attack a weapons dealer with the intent to relieve him of said items...Xenos are the least well-funded pirate group out (yes, they have less cash than the LWB), and what could be more "terrorizing" than blowing up a weapons dealer in the supposedly "safe" New York?

Also, weapons dealers pander to the indulgences of the rich, making them another viable target for Xenos (who hate the rich beaurocrats).

A question - pchwang - 12-14-2008

No, Jinx, the point would be to jack all the weapons.

Why else would a weapons dealer be targeted?

I've pirated people for their codenames before. It would happen the same way, just on a larger scale.

Well yes, I presume it would be a somewhat good thing to be performed by outcasts. I just beg the XA not to steal my idea:P
I already have a plan laid out how to perform it all.
I just need some manpower, got only 1 or 2 co-conspirators so far;), and it took some persuasion from me to have them do it..

Maybe I'll make it here on the forum, the event I mean.
And the rest of the details would be laid out only to the people that are in it.
Only problem is someone tipping the dealer off(Although that is also in RP)..
If any self respecting Xeno wants to be in it, let me know..