Discovery Gaming Community
Can we please change the snub changes back? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Can we please change the snub changes back? (/showthread.php?tid=147221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - =Hellfire= - 01-20-2017

Learn using MR and CDs properly, problem solved (sun)

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Hubjump - 01-20-2017

Foxglove yeah snub fights lasted long but it was still skill
now fights are often just luck with torpedo spam
and im a cap player damn and even i dont like these changes + rip heavy bombers ;D

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Epo - 01-20-2017

For now we should let the devs do their work. We'll talk about eventual change (reverting) after the whole patch is finished and launched.

Edit: //Kek voted yes instead of no >.>

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - JonasHudson - 01-20-2017

It would be nice if they gave a break to the cloak finally and either add extra CM slots to most ships so they can use a CM concurrently with a cloak...or change it so that only Cloak CD's will work to stop or obstruct a cloak. Its happened quite often for me now and it seems like the odds are actually stacked against cloak users more than not. Just saying because if they do keep the changes, perhaps that would be a decent counter balance. There was talk of such a change last year, but nothing ever materialized. Yeah escape rate will go up again but cloak users will be less likely to use it to avoid interaction and more willing to let themselves get into a fight and take their chances at first.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Freeroamer - 01-20-2017

I personally don't like the changes and would like to see them put back as they were..

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Backo - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 05:37 PM)hubjump Wrote: now fights are often just luck with torpedo spam

Out of 50 torpedoes in a bomber vs VHF fight I had, with only CMs on my disposal I dodged roughly 40 out of 50 torpedoes lobbed at me. Out of the 10 that hit maybe 3 or 4 were on the hull.

Also if you want to see how fast torpedo spam will be the death of you I'll gladly invite you to try it out on me. Smile

EDIT: The current torps are a double edged sword. If the enemy is more skilled at fighting them than you, you'll be losing more hull than him from using them, but if you're more skilled than the enemy at using torpedoes you will be causing damage. And to be honest it works the same way with guns and ships dodging incoming fire, it just has in my opinion a lot lower skill floor.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Corile - 01-20-2017

Quote:EDIT: The current torps are a double edged sword. If the enemy is more skilled at fighting them than you, you'll be losing more hull than him from using them, but if you're more skilled than the enemy at using torpedoes you will be causing damage.

Note that this doesn't work if you have the train CD.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Wesker - 01-20-2017

Torps are the future, this a great pvp balance change, it makes insta killing noobs more easy.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Stone21 - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 03:51 PM)Shelco Wrote: I never got the point of why this was brought in in the first place, I have never heard anyone saying "Why can snubs not have a CD and Torpedos?". This pretty much ruined pvp in my opinion, now it seems that it's only about hitting torpedos and that's it, it's not like snubs ever needed that, if you say it is so that snubs can take out gunboats, surprise, they can with many others, why do we give snubs torpedos to even more effectively take out their counters? Also, if you are in a fight with someone who has a torpedo and you have a cloak, you are screwed since you have no countermeasures to stop the torpedo from hitting you. Also, why do SHF's loose their unique ability to mount 2 missiles and a torp?

Please explain why this had to happen in the first place, the reason for this seems to be pretty much pulled out of the sky and without any ground.

I am tired of so much crying over everything regarding missiles or torpedoes.
If you had played years ago and knew how originally FL was designed to be played and how it was until recent years changes to this mod, you wouldn't cry over just 1 torpedo slot and our current useless non-tracking remaining missiles.
FL VHFs always had the ability to mount 1 torpedo and as many missiles the player wanted on the VHF. It was like this years ago on many servers and nobody was complaining like a baby. Learn to dodge projectiles and use those 100+ countermeasures you've been given.

RE: Can we please change the snub changes back? - Shelco - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 09:38 PM)Stone21 Wrote: I am tired of so much crying over everything regarding missiles or torpedoes.
If you had played years ago and knew how originally FL was designed to be played and how it was until recent years changes to this mod, you wouldn't cry over just 1 torpedo slot and our current useless non-tracking remaining missiles.
FL VHFs always had the ability to mount 1 torpedo and as many missiles the player wanted on the VHF. It was like this years ago on many servers and nobody was complaining like a baby. Learn to dodge projectiles and use those 100+ countermeasures you've been given.

Did you even read? What about players with cloaks? Projectiles are not easy to dodge if shot correctly and the problem is more like you can have a torpedo AND a CD